Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Hey, check out my Foo...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old June 18th 2011, 03:10 PM
Captain Stu's Avatar
Captain Stu Captain Stu is offline
I'll never say goodbye
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: (V)(;,,;)(V)
Posts: 50,107
Default Re: WALK Double-Guitar Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenxe View Post
Lol 1 criticism in 5,500 views. Nothing personal huh.
Waaaaah, you post it in a public forum and ask for opinions and then bitch when you get one? Couldn't give a fuck what we've said in other forums - the lead part over the top is early. If you can't hear it then fine, it just means you have bad timing.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old June 18th 2011, 05:04 PM
nenxe's Avatar
nenxe nenxe is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Foo Brunswick
Posts: 285
Default Re: WALK Double-Guitar Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stu View Post
Waaaaah, you post it in a public forum and ask for opinions and then bitch when you get one? Couldn't give a fuck what we've said in other forums - the lead part over the top is early. If you can't hear it then fine, it just means you have bad timing.
I'm saying that out of all of the positive feedback I've received the only criticism I get is from you, and it's over something I acknowledged when I posted the video.

It's nothing to do with bad timing it's everything to do with not being able to press play on my computer and strum the first note of the song at the exact same moment.

"Walk" starts within the first quarter-second of the track.
The best I could do was add a three second delay to my backing track, and even then there's no count-in.

So I guess that for the average viewer who isn't just looking to press my buttons (pointing to the 6,000 other people who liked it, here), it's a pretty forgivable mistake.

Hell, even the ever stringent Tim said it was good.

So yeah, I'm inclined to suspect that you don't give a fuck about the video, didn't watch past the first few seconds, and left a two word taunt as a jab.

Edit: But hey, thanks for keeping my thread at the top for me. The video has received nearly 1,000 views from bbs.foofighters.com.
__________________
Proudly Canadian.

Last edited by nenxe : June 18th 2011 at 05:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old June 19th 2011, 07:14 AM
Captain Stu's Avatar
Captain Stu Captain Stu is offline
I'll never say goodbye
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: (V)(;,,;)(V)
Posts: 50,107
Default Re: WALK Double-Guitar Cover

You're giving yourself WAY too much credit in thinking that I actually give a rats arse about you or anything you do I didn't even notice the name of who posted the video.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old June 19th 2011, 11:57 AM
Grail72's Avatar
Grail72 Grail72 is offline
Run for your life with me
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey- where Foo lives
Posts: 355
Default Re: WALK Double-Guitar Cover

Nexne. It is a great cover.

Stu, you obviously do give a rats arse, otherwise you wouldn't have made a comment. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but your opinion doesn't matter to musicians because your argument is hollow.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old June 19th 2011, 01:41 PM
Captain Stu's Avatar
Captain Stu Captain Stu is offline
I'll never say goodbye
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: (V)(;,,;)(V)
Posts: 50,107
Default Re: WALK Double-Guitar Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grail72 View Post
Nexne. It is a great cover.

Stu, you obviously do give a rats arse, otherwise you wouldn't have made a comment. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but your opinion doesn't matter to musicians because your argument is hollow.
Hahahaha hollow how? Because I don't spend my time recording myself playing other peoples songs? Arrogant children the pair of ya, I've played guitar for 10+ years thanks very much.

P.S. YouTube covers do NOT a musician make. Hilarious though, thanks.

Last edited by Captain Stu : June 19th 2011 at 01:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old June 19th 2011, 02:31 PM
nenxe's Avatar
nenxe nenxe is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Foo Brunswick
Posts: 285
Default Re: WALK Double-Guitar Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stu View Post
You're giving yourself WAY too much credit in thinking that I actually give a rats arse about you or anything you do I didn't even notice the name of who posted the video.
That's your defense?
I believe my words were that you obviously "don't give a fuck" about this, and your response is that I'm giving myself "WAY too much credit" because I think you care?

Fuck you, Stu.
This is such obvious trolling of a newb's thread.
Glad to see you're so fucking conducive to new membership.
__________________
Proudly Canadian.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old June 19th 2011, 02:59 PM
nenxe's Avatar
nenxe nenxe is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Foo Brunswick
Posts: 285
Default Re: WALK Double-Guitar Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Give A Fook View Post
Where did you acknowledge it?
In the video description and an annotation at 00:30. Been there since it was posted in April.
__________________
Proudly Canadian.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old June 19th 2011, 04:03 PM
Captain Stu's Avatar
Captain Stu Captain Stu is offline
I'll never say goodbye
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: (V)(;,,;)(V)
Posts: 50,107
Default Re: WALK Double-Guitar Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenxe View Post
That's your defense?
I believe my words were that you obviously "don't give a fuck" about this, and your response is that I'm giving myself "WAY too much credit" because I think you care?

Fuck you, Stu.
This is such obvious trolling of a newb's thread.
Glad to see you're so fucking conducive to new membership.
Do you want a tissue? 20p to go call someone?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old June 19th 2011, 05:01 PM
Grail72's Avatar
Grail72 Grail72 is offline
Run for your life with me
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey- where Foo lives
Posts: 355
Default Re: WALK Double-Guitar Cover

I am not going to argue with an idiot. Your critique is still hollow and trite. Back it up or shut up.

Last edited by Grail72 : June 19th 2011 at 11:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.