Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 15th 2015, 10:31 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: News - Dave broke his leg

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicrat View Post
Yup, 7 hours ago. That was some time before guy #1 tweeted the stage setup was on hold and four hours before guy #2 (the chef) said he had been called off for the weekend.
Not that uplifting tbh
Don't think the whole band would rush straight to the airport and home after the tour is cancelled. They're in tour mode, after all. Maybe they already made some private plans for the upcoming days off in London between scheduled shows.
Apart from plans they may have, they will probably wait for Dave and then all go back on Foo Air together. I mean, I would wait for my mate in this situation.
Old June 15th 2015, 10:32 PM
Visiting is pretty...

on an FB fan page Dee Foley also announced that he knew from a reliable source that it's cancelled and that he couldn't give away his source but it's hard to hide patients.

After everyone reacted that we prefer official news he deleted his post...

2018 Antwerp
2017 Werchter BE
2015 Lyon FR (fuck terrorism!-cancelled)
2015 Werchter BE(cancelled)
2015 Wembley UK(cancelled)
2012 Pukkelpop BE
2011 Pukkelpop BE(storm-cancelled)
2011 Pinkpop NL
2001 Werchter BE(cancelled)
1997 AB Belgium (cancelled)
Old June 15th 2015, 10:37 PM
Have you found your way around

Thing is with everything nowadays once something has been claimed to happen or have happened on any sort of social media, people will just jump on the bandwagon and then claim to have an anonymous sauce.

Just got back from Germany, hopefully they announce tomorrow what's happening and that its what is best for the band and not those who will complain whatever the decision
Old June 15th 2015, 10:37 PM
Visiting is pretty...

End of the line guys. Game over. If I had a violin right now, I'd be playing it. I'd be playing it hard.
Old June 15th 2015, 10:38 PM
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North

God bless america he wears that flannel shirt a lot! I'm trying to find sightings of people and all of the photos he's wearing that same shirt

edit to add, I want an annoymous sauce
Old June 15th 2015, 10:40 PM
Colors inside the lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaInVA View Post
God bless america he wears that flannel shirt a lot! I'm trying to find sightings of people and all of the photos he's wearing that same shirt

edit to add, I want an annoymous sauce
Hot, sweet or savory?

*wears a helmet at all times*
Old June 15th 2015, 10:47 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep Calm View Post
Yup, pretty much. I don't have much luck in giving tickets as presents, they always get cancelled!
Same here. Got a couple of tickets for Friday as a present for my GF.
Well, let's wait for everything to be official once and for all... tomorrow's gonna be such a bad day.
Old June 15th 2015, 11:01 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana8517 View Post
Same here. Got a couple of tickets for Friday as a present for my GF.
Well, let's wait for everything to be official once and for all... tomorrow's gonna be such a bad day.
Idd, I don't think they wil announce anything official this night.

Haven't had much luck with the tickets I bought myself either.

Anyways, whatever decision they make will be in favour of Dave and in the end thats more important than missing out another gig.

2018 Antwerp
2017 Werchter BE
2015 Lyon FR (fuck terrorism!-cancelled)
2015 Werchter BE(cancelled)
2015 Wembley UK(cancelled)
2012 Pukkelpop BE
2011 Pukkelpop BE(storm-cancelled)
2011 Pinkpop NL
2001 Werchter BE(cancelled)
1997 AB Belgium (cancelled)
Old June 15th 2015, 11:09 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I know I'm probably just kidding myself but the chef guy's story doesn't really check out for me. Yesterday he tweeted saying he was working today (Monday) yet then claims he's just been called up a few hours ago saying it's cancelled? Surely he would have been told before he started working today, or during? I know I'm reading into it far too much but it just didn't quite make sense to me. I don't believe it would take this long for Wembley to know what's going on, but then again it's more complex than just rescheduling or going ahead with the shows.

Just trying to find a glimmer of hope ...

Dave's health is of course the most important thing though and it is such a huge ask for him to play these upcoming shows with such a bad injury. As long as it's not cancelled altogether and just postponed instead then I think we'll all be okay
Old June 15th 2015, 11:15 PM
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North

Purely from a business standpoint, I'd think they'd reschedule and not flat out cancel.
Old June 15th 2015, 11:15 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lien View Post
Idd, I don't think they wil announce anything official this night.

Haven't had much luck with the tickets I bought myself either.

Anyways, whatever decision they make will be in favour of Dave and in the end thats more important than missing out another gig.
Of course it is, no doubt. I'll take it easy afterall, knowing what kind of reason is behind all this.
Just a bit sad because I've been waiting litterally ages to see FF live... and after years I couldn't make it for sh*t lots of reasons, I really thought this was my time. Will be waiting again.
Old June 15th 2015, 11:22 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Purely from a business standpoint, I'd think they'd reschedule and not flat out cancel.
This, the UK is one of the best markets, they will want to keep that market happy.

I think they could reschedule it for the gap that they have in the moment in their touring in August. Of course that would depend on a lot of different factors, and they could already have personal plans arranged for that time.
Manchester Arena 05, Manchester Arena 07, Manchester Etihad Stadium 08, London Wembley Arena 11, Milton Keynes Bowl 11, Reading Festival 12, London Invictus Games 14, Manchester LCC 15, Milton Keynes Bowl 15, London 02 Arena 17, Manchester Etihad Stadium 18, London Olympic Stadium 18, New York Madison Square Garden 18, Glasgow Bellahuston Park 19, Dublin RDS Arena 19, Leeds Festival 19
Old June 15th 2015, 11:22 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
For sure. In 2010 when U2 canceled an entire leg of their US stadium tour, they announced it as a postponement. The new dates were released a few months later once they got the scheduling done. Given that it's a stadium show, I'd imagine the rescheduled date would be next year.

Once the rescheduled dates were announced, they allowed people to get refunds, then put the returned tickets back on sale.
Old June 15th 2015, 11:30 PM
Once upon a time I was somebody else

This is how I see it (because my point of view is Oh So Valid And Important):

The chef guy didn't use the word 'Foo Fighters' or 'Wembley' in any of his tweets. He was just tweeting to his followers, a standard search wouldn't have picked it up, and I honestly don't think he was expecting a bunch of people to suddenly find his tweet... lets face it: most Tweets die a horrible death. (unless you happen to be the extremely wonderful @zenxv)

Chef also claims he didn't know that it hadn't been announced, which - unless you were following closely - could legitimately be the case. Now he's saying he feels like he was handed a suicide ball.

In Foos Shoes I Would:
1. Cancel stadium gigs.
2. Play acoustic / reduced set at Glasto.

Which would also explain why they're still in England.

Tomorrow will tell, but I don't think the chef was acting maliciously.

Last edited by speedbunny : June 17th 2015 at 03:36 AM.
Old June 15th 2015, 11:40 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbunny View Post
This is how I see it (because my point of view is Oh So Valid And Important):

The chef guy didn't use the word 'Foo Fighters' or 'Wembley' in any of his tweets. He was just tweeting to his followers, a standard search wouldn't have picked it up, and I honestly don't think he was expecting a bunch of people to suddenly find his tweet... lets face it: most Tweets die a horrible death. (unless you happen to be the extremely wonderful @zenxv)

Chef also claims he didn't know that it hadn't been announced, which - unless you were following closely - could legitimately be the case. Now he's saying he feels like he was handed a suicide ball.

In Foos Shoes I Would:
1. Cancel stadium gigs.
2. Play acoustic / reduced set at Glasto.

Which would also explain why they're still in England.

That's true. I just think surely he'd have been told to not say anything but who knows. I know I'm just in denial really!
I think the idea of a more reduced set at Glastonbury would be the best, considering they've never headlined there before and by cancelling the next 3 stadium dates Dave could rest up even more before Glasto.
Old June 16th 2015, 12:03 AM
No guesses @ secret shows for months...

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbunny View Post
The chef guy didn't use the word 'Foo Fighters' or 'Wembley' in any of his tweets. He was just tweeting to his followers, a standard search wouldn't have picked it up, and I honestly don't think he was expecting a bunch of people to suddenly find his tweet... lets face it: most Tweets die a horrible death.

The guy chose to throw a public temper tantrum about a pretty big event that a lot of people are wondering about right now, and was stupid enough to incorporate an image of Dave and also be self-centered jerk about it.

And then he makes that "being handed a suicide ball" comment as if he weren't responsible for his own posting habits. Give me a break. He needs to take responsibility for his life instead of trying to put it on others.

He is a moron and if he worked for me he'd be fired. As a vendor I know to never write about the inner workings of a project I'm on publicly. I wouldn't be surprised if he had signed an NDA at some point in time for Wembley and that could be a much bigger problem for him than having been canned for one project.

Last edited by krk67 : June 16th 2015 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Forgot something.
Old June 16th 2015, 12:06 AM
Ready on your mark

Give me strength, some fans have the audacity to get angry with this band right now for 1) possibly not continuing with shows for them in particular, and 2) not giving them minute-by-minute updates. I've even heard one say that the band owes them this and that.

You want to lay a selfish guilt trip on this man and this band right now about possibly not doing a gig for you? For thinking about his needs for one hot minute when he already gives and gives and gives some more?

Mercy.
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018

FooFightersLive.com
Old June 16th 2015, 12:32 AM
The Boss

Quote:
People love putting false information on the internet. You know that right?

Don't get your hopes up and don't start crying just yet. Wait for the real announcement. Not some rando on Twitter
Wait, what is this? Common sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matineeidyll View Post
Give me strength, some fans have the audacity to get angry with this band right now for 1) possibly not continuing with shows for them in particular, and 2) not giving them minute-by-minute updates. I've even heard one say that the band owes them this and that.

You want to lay a selfish guilt trip on this man and this band right now about possibly not doing a gig for you? For thinking about his needs for one hot minute when he already gives and gives and gives some more?

Mercy.
Indeed

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old June 16th 2015, 03:51 AM
Shaking like the thunder Sinking under

Talking Re: News - Dave broke his leg

Dave was like captain Kirk yelling to Spock...take the helm!!!!
Spock !!! You must take over the ship( although Taylor not much like Spock he more like Scotty but say Spock because Spock is right hand man ...number two but not ltwo in that sense of 1 and number two...he is more like number 1.5 on the spectrum from 1 to 8...with Dave as number 1 ),

Let's debrief....
So what went well?
Taylor and Foo Fighters stepped it up!! Show carried on!! Our heroes!!! *high five!!*

What did not go so well?

Well that s obvious!

Dave

fell!

How to prevent falls
Must go over all factors that lead up to the event
No not the music event!
The fall factors!! Factoring....
The devil is in the details!
Jack Black may be able to investigate deeper into the stage from hell!
We need TS A to investigate
We need risk assessment!
Someone give us answers!
Old June 16th 2015, 04:41 AM
I'll Stick Around

Catching up on "the buzz" about Dave and his leg. I just read all the posts from page 12-43......and all I have to say is thank God "Dancer" is gone. (Even if only for now)

Yea, every once in a while, I have "that kind of time."
You know...That time that you'll never get back!!