Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 4th 2018, 03:19 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Eek! Need 2 tickets to Minneapolis show!!

Anyone know anything about the Minneapolis ticket situation??
When do tickets go on sale for Minneapolis? The site says they are on sale now, but not sold out and I can't get them. Is there a presale?
Old July 4th 2018, 03:40 PM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: Need 2 tickets to Minneapolis show!!

Hello,
The St. Paul show at Xcel Energy Center mostly sold out right away and the presale took place a long time ago. Xcel did release a limited amount of tickets a few weeks ago and gave a heads up on Twitter and social media, but they also sold out rather quickly. It's possible they might do another ticket drop closer to the day of the show or the day of, but it's not a guarantee.

If I were you, I would keep an eye on their social media in case tickets do drop again in the future. Otherwise, I'd bookmark the StubHub page for the show and keep an eye on prices as they fluctuate in the months ahead. There are a lot of people there selling tickets for a little more than what they paid for them, but there will most likely be price drops in the future as they try to sell tickets closer to the show.
2011: St. Paul
2015: St. Paul, Chicago (Wrigley), Anaheim (9/19)
2017: Chicago (Metro), Madison, Des Moines, Sioux Falls
2018: Milwaukee, St. Paul
Old July 4th 2018, 11:24 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Thank you so much for the info TrevGreg! I only found out I would be in St. Paul a week ago, so didn't pay attention to that venue prior. http://centerstpaul.com/ has GA tickets starting at $140 each, hoping to do better. I have a local contact there, I'll put her on alert too.
Old July 5th 2018, 11:29 AM
Have you found your way around

You're very welcome! Yeah, I would definitely ask around too to see if tickets do come up through other fans or such trying to get rid of theirs. It might help to follow places like this or the Facebook/Reddit fan groups too, since requests and sales could come up on there (mostly at face value). For the "bigger" shows I go to, I usually see a fan or two trying to sell their extra GA ticket for what they originally paid for too, so that can always be a last-minute option as well.

I would be a bit wary of third-party sites since you just never know what may be legit or not. And the TM resale site doesn't appear to be available for this show. But I've always had success with StubHub in the past though, and they also give out a phone number for you to call if something goes wrong, so that helps with reassurance issues in the end. I'm sort of stunned that the GA and decent lower bowl seats there aren't above $180 yet, but I would expect the ticket prices to shift there closer to the show. I've even had luck with getting tickets there at less than face value on occasion too, so it is possible to get a good deal if you're patient!
2011: St. Paul
2015: St. Paul, Chicago (Wrigley), Anaheim (9/19)
2017: Chicago (Metro), Madison, Des Moines, Sioux Falls
2018: Milwaukee, St. Paul