Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 25th 2018, 08:29 PM
Button up, don't make a sound

Default Set List

I've been obsessively tracking the set list the whole tour. I'm going to see them tomorrow (Indy) and really can't complain about anything. OK, small complaint - I've been waiting since October because of their show postponement in Lexington. I will gladly pay the $118 per ticket to see my favorite band and no matter what they decide to play I know I'll love it.

However, I am bummed about a few things in their current set list. Most important thing is number of songs. They were doing 25-27 songs between 10/15 in Greensboro, NC to 11/8 in Champaign, IL aside from only 13 in New Orleans because of the type of concert. Currently they are only averaging around 21-22 songs since June. Granted they are probably pretty worn and Dave's voice can't be 100%. They've done SEVENTY THREE shows since 10/7/17 Cal Jam. It's interesting though. Went his voice was starting to go in Nov, they were on the small city /state leg and started doing about 23-24 songs at which time they introduced Under My Wheels into the set list (obviously another measure to save Dave's voice).

The songs they've cut out are great ones that I really want to hear (Something from Nothing, Let it Die, Enough Space, White Limo, Arlandria and Make it Right). I wish there was more from C&G. Currently they only do 4 songs every show with a 5th or 6th sprinkled in. Usually La Dee Da and Arrows or the Line once or twice. I'd love to hear all 3 of those.

I've come to accept that they increased the number of cover songs. I think they've recently reduced them just a little.

One last thing is that I was REALLY looking forward to the intro / curtain drop with Run! They've done away with that after about 50 shows in a row with a handful of exceptions. They've opened with All My Life (can't complain) the last 15 (no curtain I don't think). I'm guessing a reason is because the effect of that is better in doors in the dark and they've been doing mostly outdoor shows now where it may not be quite dark yet when going on.

At any rate, I can't wait!!!
7/26/2018 - Ruoff Music Center - Noblesville, IN (Indy)
Old July 25th 2018, 08:36 PM
Team Pat

Default Re: Set List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler00Hex View Post
I've been obsessively tracking the set list the whole tour. I'm going to see them tomorrow (Indy) and really can't complain about anything. OK, small complaint - I've been waiting since October because of their show postponement in Lexington. I will gladly pay the $118 per ticket to see my favorite band and no matter what they decide to play I know I'll love it.

However, I am bummed about a few things in their current set list. Most important thing is number of songs. They were doing 25-27 songs between 10/15 in Greensboro, NC to 11/8 in Champaign, IL aside from only 13 in New Orleans because of the type of concert. Currently they are only averaging around 21-22 songs since June. Granted they are probably pretty worn and Dave's voice can't be 100%. They've done SEVENTY THREE shows since 10/7/17 Cal Jam. It's interesting though. Went his voice was starting to go in Nov, they were on the small city /state leg and started doing about 23-24 songs at which time they introduced Under My Wheels into the set list (obviously another measure to save Dave's voice).

The songs they've cut out are great ones that I really want to hear (Something from Nothing, Let it Die, Enough Space, White Limo, Arlandria and Make it Right). I wish there was more from C&G. Currently they only do 4 songs every show with a 5th or 6th sprinkled in. Usually La Dee Da and Arrows or the Line once or twice. I'd love to hear all 3 of those.

I've come to accept that they increased the number of cover songs. I think they've recently reduced them just a little.

One last thing is that I was REALLY looking forward to the intro / curtain drop with Run! They've done away with that after about 50 shows in a row with a handful of exceptions. They've opened with All My Life (can't complain) the last 15 (no curtain I don't think). I'm guessing a reason is because the effect of that is better in doors in the dark and they've been doing mostly outdoor shows now where it may not be quite dark yet when going on.

I've seen them several times this tour, and I really prefer the venues last fall. They were still opening with the curtain and bringing down the big light/screen/whatever for more than a song. That thing is really cool and changes the sound. I'm just glad that I don't have to drive 6 hrs tomorrow (that's on Sat :-) ). Although, I'll be thrilled if they play La Dee Da, Enough Space, or Aurora.

They did use the curtain last time they played Noblesville in 2015. I think they opened with Everlong that day. I have a video somewhere. John Popper showed up too.

2000-Bloomington, IN
Poor or had little kids for 15 years
2015-Noblesville/Indy
2017-Chicago (Metro), Knoxville, Cincinnati
2018-Lexington, Memphis, Nashville, Noblesville/Indy, Wrigley x2, Kansas City, St. Louis, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Paul
2019 Atlanta, New Orleans x2, Sonic Temple

Upcoming:
9/20/19 Louisville-Bourbon and Beyond
9/21-22/19 Pilgrimage Festival

Last edited by Disbet : July 25th 2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old July 25th 2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbet View Post
They were still opening with the curtain and bringing down the big light/screen/whatever for more than a song. That thing is really cool and changes the sound.
I forgot to mention that - the light/screen/whatever thing! I have seen enough youtube videos from the tour last fall when I was prepping to go to Lexington. That was really cool looking. It made like a little room effect on Enough Space and was it All My Life or My Hero it was down and all red.

I'm just thrilled more than anything to go and see whatever they do and am happy with my 10 rows back in the middle section of the upper pavilion. Have fun in the pit! That's got to be grueling!

I am still disappointed that I missed any of the arena shows! I just couldn't get back to Lexington in May. I also knew that I was able to get tickets close to home. I can't believe I've waited 9 months since that cancellation. Oh and I can't believe they didn't do a little extended show for those 3 when they returned!
Old July 25th 2018, 08:51 PM
Team Pat

Quote:
I forgot to mention that - the light/screen/whatever thing! I have seen enough youtube videos from the tour last fall when I was prepping to go to Lexington. That was really cool looking. It made like a little room effect on Enough Space and was it All My Life or My Hero it was down and all red.

I'm just thrilled more than anything to go and see whatever they do and am happy with my 10 rows back in the middle section of the upper pavilion. Have fun in the pit! That's got to be grueling!

I am still disappointed that I missed any of the arena shows! I just couldn't get back to Lexington in May. I also knew that I was able to get tickets close to home. I can't believe I've waited 9 months since that cancellation. Oh and I can't believe they didn't do a little extended show for those 3 when they returned!
I can't remember, but I know it was down for White Limo once and they did the FF logo on it then. I got a video of it, cause it looked so cool. I'm sure it'll be an awesome show no matter what they do. That's a pretty good seat at Ruoff. I'm hoping for rail between Dave and Pat, but you can see pretty much anywhere in the pit there. You should come up to Wrigley on Sunday/Monday. There are a ton of tickets being posted, and a bunch of Indiana folks are heading there.

Those 3 make up shows were good. I was at all 3, and they definitely seemed to put a lot more love into the Lexington show.

I saw Marilyn Manson/Rob Zombie in Noblesville last week, and they both went to the rail and were high fiving and singing to people in the pit. I have my hopes up now lol.

2000-Bloomington, IN
2015-Noblesville/Indy
2018-Lexington, Memphis, Nashville, Noblesville/Indy, Wrigley x2, Kansas City, St. Louis, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Paul

Upcoming:
Old July 25th 2018, 08:57 PM

That's good to hear that they gave it more love. I know I can't just tell by the set list. You're becoming quite the concert goer. I'm envious of all the times you are seeing them this tour of course. I thought about Wrigley. I thought one of the rooftop seats from a neighboring building would be interesting. Unfortunately my son just had scoliosis surgery so I don't want to travel far from home. I see you are planning on St. Louis in the future. I may consider that one since it's in the arena. Maybe I can see the Run intro. I feel like that's on my bucket list. lol
Old July 25th 2018, 09:03 PM
Team Pat

Quote:
That's good to hear that they gave it more love. I know I can't just tell by the set list. You're becoming quite the concert goer. I'm envious of all the times you are seeing them this tour of course. I thought about Wrigley. I thought one of the rooftop seats from a neighboring building would be interesting. Unfortunately my son just had scoliosis surgery so I don't want to travel far from home. I see you are planning on St. Louis in the future. I may consider that one since it's in the arena. Maybe I can see the Run intro. I feel like that's on my bucket list. lol
I'm making up for lost time. I'm seeing Greta Van Fleet at the Lolla After Show in Chicago next weekend too. That's 7 shows in just over 2 weeks, because everyone is touring at the same time.

This is by far my favorite tour. The production on it is amazing. I have the Run intro on youtube, if you want the link (but I got shoved pretty good once the curtain went up, so you can't see much after it). I bet you'll go to another after you see them tomorrow. Detroit isn't far either, I'm debating that one.

Aww, is your son doing ok?

2000-Bloomington, IN
2015-Noblesville/Indy

Upcoming:
Old July 25th 2018, 11:30 PM

Thanks for asking. He's doing ok. But it was a rough surgery. Whole back cut open and titanium rods screwed to spine after it was straightened. 5 days in hospital and he's been home for just three days now. Still requires lots of care. He'd love to go see the show and was just begging to go tomorrow. Maybe he'll heal enough to go in the near future. Yes I'd love for you to share the link so I can check out your videographer skills in the pit.
Old July 26th 2018, 12:05 AM
Team Pat

Quote:
Thanks for asking. He's doing ok. But it was a rough surgery. Whole back cut open and titanium rods screwed to spine after it was straightened. 5 days in hospital and he's been home for just three days now. Still requires lots of care. He'd love to go see the show and was just begging to go tomorrow. Maybe he'll heal enough to go in the near future. Yes I'd love for you to share the link so I can check out your videographer skills in the pit.
Aww poor guy. I hope he heals quickly. Maybe he could make the October shows?

I forgot that I took a Run video while I was in the front row with my 8 year old too. Links are below. I take WAY too many pics and videos at concerts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdBS...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GDpjtCJn6k

https://www.instagram.com/dianawires/

2000-Bloomington, IN
2015-Noblesville/Indy

Upcoming:
Old July 26th 2018, 01:38 AM

Thanks for sharing. You have a nice collection of pics and videos. You can never capture too many! I like the two views you have of Run. I may abnormally be particularly obsessed with that opening. So wish I could have seen it live.
Old July 26th 2018, 12:15 PM
Team Pat

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. You have a nice collection of pics and videos. You can never capture too many! I like the two views you have of Run. I may abnormally be particularly obsessed with that opening. So wish I could have seen it live.
Thanks. We can cross our fingers and hope they do it tonight :-) It's definitely something to see.

2000-Bloomington, IN
2015-Noblesville/Indy

Upcoming:
Old July 26th 2018, 08:52 PM
Right down the drain I goÖ

From my experience the O2 setlist was more enjoyable than the London Stadium, but the songs cut are harsher on Daves voice so it kinda makes sense. I donít get why the lights would change though
Old July 27th 2018, 04:00 PM
Have you found your way around

I have never complained about the Foo I'm an obsessive fan before my first show 11 years ago. Last night's show sucked.

The sound was terrible, I think I remember this from the last Indy too. Dave's voice didn't sound good.

Was it three songs from the latest? SIAN, Run and Dirty Dirty which was the best song of the night imo.

Did they even do 20?

I started keeping track but got distracted later but the start was-

AML
Learn Fly
Pretender
TSIAN (both daughters on backup)
Rope

They dragged them all out too.

Then it was Taylor time already. That lasted too long.
Sunday Rain which I do like better than Cold Day in the sun.

Then spent a bunch of time doing shit like another one bites the dust, Under pressure that Day OOOh shit, John Lennon and Van Halen mash up ETc.

Under my wheels (Shifty)
SLow my Hero

Encore
3 songs ending with Everlong

No bullshit in the encore. Meaning they played the songs, they were good. Didn't drag them out.

that's all I remember about set list. went for a walk while the stuff we didn't care about was going on.

They were also getting the hell out of there fast. We were watching logistics get into place and a whole lotta pizza delivered to a bus with a trailer that I'd assume houses more important stuff. This was right before encore.

72 shows is mindblowing. Why? Obviously, you make a lot of money and who the hell am I, but when it affects the quality of your shows, knock it off.
Metro, Chicago, Lollapalooza 2012
Milwaukee, WI Wasting Light Tour 2012
Cubby Bear, Sonic Highways Chicago, 2014
Indianapolis, Sonic Highways IN 2015
Chicago, IL Wrigley 2015
Metro, Chicago, Lollapalooza 2017
Madison, WI 2017
Champaign, IL 2017
Indy 2018
Wrigley 2018 x 2
Old July 27th 2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
I've seen them several times this tour, and I really prefer the venues last fall. They were still opening with the curtain and bringing down the big light/screen/whatever for more than a song. That thing is really cool and changes the sound. I'm just glad that I don't have to drive 6 hrs tomorrow (that's on Sat :-) ). Although, I'll be thrilled if they play La Dee Da, Enough Space, or Aurora.

They did use the curtain last time they played Noblesville in 2015. I think they opened with Everlong that day. I have a video somewhere. John Popper showed up too.
They did open with Everlong, my friend and I were arguing over it, I said they never open with that and then they did.
Chicago, IL Wrigley 2015
Madison, WI 2017
Champaign, IL 2017
Indy 2018
Wrigley 2018 x 2
Old July 27th 2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:

I'm betting we'll have that set at Wrigley, bigger stage. First I was bent they were playing AML 2nd. 1st isn't quite right either. I always enjoy the first set of songs, they used to put it in the middle. I am so pumped already then that song comes and blows away everything else and the rest of the night is a FOO high. I feel like these are circus shows, I want the old show back when they are into it.

I think they are bored and Dave's voice is on the edge.
Chicago, IL Wrigley 2015
Madison, WI 2017
Champaign, IL 2017
Indy 2018
Wrigley 2018 x 2
Old July 27th 2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsotime2 View Post
I have never complained about the Foo I'm an obsessive fan before my first show 11 years ago. Last night's show sucked.
Interesting! I may have come off as complaining on this post. But man did I sure learn that set lists on paper ain't shit compared to watching the show. I haven't even reviewed the set list from Indy but in my head it was really vanilla and shorter than some of their other shows. HOWEVER, holy shit that a fucking awesome show! Damn near three hours on my feet. Dave was very entertaining as usual. I have no idea how Taylor's arms don't fall off. I enjoy the mis-mash band intro song as well as Under Pressure. I could do without Shifty's cover song and have another from C&G in it's place. They did do 4 from C&G as is the norm. They throw in a 5th from time to time.

The light show is awesome as I realized it was going to be from the youtube videos on this tour. I haven't been to all that many concerts in my life but this was hands down the best I've been to. I had pretty good seats in the pavilion, center section. I know that matters a lot for the experience. I mean if I was in the pit I would have probably died and gone to heaven. My wife was set to go and wasn't feeling well so I took my 11 year old son. He had a great time. And as Disbet said in this thread they sure did put more love into some of those songs.

Now I want to see them again - soon!
Old July 27th 2018, 04:16 PM
Team Pat

Quote:

The sound was terrible, I think I remember this from the last Indy too. Dave's voice didn't sound good.

Was it three songs from the latest? SIAN, Run and Dirty Dirty which was the best song of the night imo.

Did they even do 20?

I started keeping track but got distracted later but the start was-

AML
Learn Fly
Pretender
TSIAN (both daughters on backup)
Rope

They dragged them all out too.

Then it was Taylor time already. That lasted too long.
Sunday Rain which I do like better than Cold Day in the sun.

Then spent a bunch of time doing shit like another one bites the dust, Under pressure that Day OOOh shit, John Lennon and Van Halen mash up ETc.

Under my wheels (Shifty)
SLow my Hero

Encore
3 songs ending with Everlong

No bullshit in the encore. Meaning they played the songs, they were good. Didn't drag them out.

that's all I remember about set list. went for a walk while the stuff we didn't care about was going on.

They were also getting the hell out of there fast. We were watching logistics get into place and a whole lotta pizza delivered to a bus with a trailer that I'd assume houses more important stuff. This was right before encore.

72 shows is mindblowing. Why? Obviously, you make a lot of money and who the hell am I, but when it affects the quality of your shows, knock it off.
It was a good show. Generic set list, but we got This is a Call. At least they didn't pull anyone up on stage.

Does anyone know why they were 15 mins late? My friend grabbed a set list and it had Big Me and La Dee Da on it. Something seemed off last night though. Taylor's eyes were all red, and Pat wasn't as smiley as normal.

Dave's voice sounded fine to me, and I was up front. This spring he sounded bad part of the time.

2000-Bloomington, IN
2015-Noblesville/Indy

Upcoming:
Old July 27th 2018, 04:19 PM

On a positive note, I like Dave's new sparkle guitar.
Chicago, IL Wrigley 2015
Madison, WI 2017
Champaign, IL 2017
Indy 2018
Wrigley 2018 x 2
Old July 27th 2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
I'm betting we'll have that set at Wrigley, bigger stage. First I was bent they were playing AML 2nd. 1st isn't quite right either. I always enjoy the first set of songs, they used to put it in the middle. I am so pumped already then that song comes and blows away everything else and the rest of the night is a FOO high. I feel like these are circus shows, I want the old show back when they are into it.

It's funny how different our opinions are. Granted you've seen them way more than me and in a variety of settings. I could see how they could be a little bored by the monotony of simply all the routine things that naturally come with touring and playing some of these songs hundreds of times now in front of thousands of fans. I also feel they could be a little run down. It has to be very grueling to travel and play shows that much.

Also, I thought they sounded really good. I mean Dave's voice is what it is. But when the Struts came on, they were actually too loud. FF's weren't quite as loud to me. I think it was more controlled. I was impressed with the sound. I saw them in the Pacers NBA arena in 2008 and it didn't sound so good. Hope you enjoy them at Wrigley!
Old July 27th 2018, 04:24 PM
Team Pat

Quote:

I think they'll mix up the set at Wrigley. At least I'm hoping for a few others. Would love to hear For All the Cows live.

I'm trying to work today, and am not being productive at all. All I can think about is packing and leaving for Wrigley in the morning. Are you hitting either of Shifty's solo shows?

2000-Bloomington, IN
2015-Noblesville/Indy

Upcoming:
Old July 27th 2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I think they'll mix up the set at Wrigley. At least I'm hoping for a few others. Would love to hear For All the Cows live.

I'm trying to work today, and am not being productive at all. All I can think about is packing and leaving for Wrigley in the morning. Are you hitting either of Shifty's solo shows?
No, I'm not where's he playing? I've never complained about a show. It's painful for me to do it! I am not sure I've ever heard For all the Cows at a show, have they played it lately? Didn't they play Aurora at Noblesville last time? They opened with that at the Metro last time it was a great start.
Chicago, IL Wrigley 2015
Madison, WI 2017
Champaign, IL 2017
Indy 2018
Wrigley 2018 x 2