Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 26th 2019, 06:51 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Everlong Live As A Wedding Closer

My fiance and I are getting wedding songs picked out for our big day in May and I have some options. We're doing the Foos cover of This Will Be Our Year as our first dance, but I also thought it might be cool to do a live version of Everlong as the last song of the night. I think it would be a nice little homage since the band usually ends with Everlong at concerts and the live version I have in mind is a bit more bombastic than the original or acoustic versions.

The question here is would it be weird to do a live version of any song at a wedding? I've never heard of anyone doing one, so it would be original at least. I'm not sure if the DJ company has any policies against it, which I'll have to check. My fiance is okay with the live version, which in my mind was a huge win

Good idea? Bad idea? Thoughts?
Old March 26th 2019, 09:29 PM
Ready on your mark

Default Re: Everlong Live As A Wedding Closer

I think it's about the two of you so you should put on whatever you like! There are several variations on 'Everlong' live, which were you thinking - straight rock or acoustic seguing into a big finish? Depending on how you see the rest of the wedding going, either could work. It's your day, who cares what anyone else might find 'weird'? (And this doesn't even come close, mate, what's the worry?)
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018

FooFightersLive.com
Old March 27th 2019, 10:10 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Itís your day, chose whatever music you want! Most couples will give the DJ a few favs so I canít see why you canít end the night with Everlong, itís perfect!

I heard two FF songs at a wedding the other week.....at last!
Old March 28th 2019, 07:19 AM
Have you found your way around

Also remember the bride and groom generally retire from the reception an hour or so from the guests so you guys will not hear the closing songs.
Old March 28th 2019, 11:09 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish_foo View Post
Also remember the bride and groom generally retire from the reception an hour or so from the guests so you guys will not hear the closing songs.
Does that still happen? I know we did it a long time ago (in the UK, although they couldnít get rid of us, my party etc ) but here Downunder the couple usually exit 5 mins before wrap up. Anyway even if thatís the case they could still exit to a FF song when they leave!
Old May 16th 2019, 11:52 AM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregarious24 View Post
My fiance and I are getting wedding songs picked out for our big day in May and I have some options. We're doing the Foos cover of This Will Be Our Year as our first dance, but I also thought it might be cool to do a live version of Everlong as the last song of the night. I think it would be a nice little homage since the band usually ends with Everlong at concerts and the live version I have in mind is a bit more bombastic than the original or acoustic versions.

The question here is would it be weird to do a live version of any song at a wedding? I've never heard of anyone doing one, so it would be original at least. I'm not sure if the DJ company has any policies against it, which I'll have to check. My fiance is okay with the live version, which in my mind was a huge win

Good idea? Bad idea? Thoughts?
Coincidence! We did the same thing when we got married. As we walked down the aisle after getting married we played Everlong from the chorus, and our first dance was 'This Will Be Our Year' by Foos but then went into 'Praise You' by Fatboy slim and we'd choreographed a comedy dance.

It's your day, do what you want!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Leeds Festival 05 -- MEN Arena 05 -- Hyde Park 06 -- Metro Arena 07 -- Eastlands stadium 08 -
Old May 16th 2019, 03:38 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevthedrummer View Post
Coincidence! We did the same thing when we got married. As we walked down the aisle after getting married we played Everlong from the chorus, and our first dance was 'This Will Be Our Year' by Foos but then went into 'Praise You' by Fatboy slim and we'd choreographed a comedy dance.

It's your day, do what you want!
That's awesome! Sounds like a blast

Two days away and we are doing the live version of Everlong to end it all. Thanks everybody for the encouragement!
Old May 18th 2019, 04:24 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Have a footastic day! Remember to take it all in as it will go fast!