Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 3rd 2019, 05:25 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Question Looking for unreleased tracks to buy digitaly

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a website where to buy Foo's digital music, but not just the basics. As a fan, I already have all the albums on CDs, and plenty of singles on CDs too, but I missed some.

I could just buy the singles CDs I don't have but they're so exensive now, I think buying them digitaly would be much cheaper.

And what interesting me in those singles are the B-sides, mainly unreleased tracks. But most of the streaming music websites don't offer them to purchase. Most of them are available but I'm looking for the rarest ones. Here's a list of what I missed so far:

***I found these ones on a website, but I wait to see if a better place exists to buy from***
- Walking a Line
- Danny Says
- Once & for All [demo]
- If Ever
- Seda
- Keep the Car Running [live]
- Better off
- Kids in America
- Empty Handed

***But couldn't find those others anywhere***
- The One
- Normal
- Darling Nikki
- Spill
- Born on the Bayou [live]
- Bangin'
- Holiday in Cambodia [live]
- Band on the Run

I'm looking to buy in lossless format mainly. If not, MP3s are okay too.

Thanks for the help!

PS: By the way, are there any B-sides for the albums 'Wasting Light', 'Sonic Highways', 'Concrete and Gold'? Can't find any.
Old February 5th 2019, 10:31 AM
The Sidekick

Default Re: Looking for unreleased tracks to buy digitaly

Unfortunately the band have not made most of their B-Sides and other non-album tracks available to buy digitally. Your only option is to buy the original singles and soundtracks that they feature on.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old February 5th 2019, 05:02 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Unfortunately the band have not made most of their B-Sides and other non-album tracks available to buy digitally. Your only option is to buy the original singles and soundtracks that they feature on.
Some of those tracks weren't B Sides and may be exclusive to certain releases. Better Off was a best buy/walmart bonus track on Wasting Light for instance and Band On The Run was on a BBC sessions album before Medium Rare.
Old February 7th 2019, 03:58 AM

Pretty much what the others said. If you're looking for an official way to purchase them, buying the original physical singles or albums featuring the b-sides is your best bet.

If money is an issue, you can always keep an eye on the products listed on Amazon or Discogs and wait to see if something eventually falls within your range.
2011: St. Paul
2015: St. Paul, Chicago (Wrigley), Anaheim (9/19)
2017: Chicago (Metro), Madison, Des Moines, Sioux Falls
2018: Milwaukee, St. Paul
Old February 7th 2019, 09:37 AM

Are you against using iTunes? Most of your list are on there...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Leeds Festival 05 -- MEN Arena 05 -- Hyde Park 06 -- Metro Arena 07 -- Eastlands stadium 08 -
Old February 7th 2019, 01:14 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Question Re: Looking for unreleased tracks to buy digitaly

Thanks for the replies, people.

scottish_foo, 'Band on the Run' is available as a B-side of 'Cheer up, Boys', according to Wikipedia:

'No physical retail singles were released, however promotional singles were released for radio airplay. The B-side is a cover of Paul McCartney & Wings' "Band on the Run", which was previously released on Radio 1: Established 1967.'

But no CD version found on eBay or Discorg with both songs, only the song single. Anyway, I know now I can find McCartney's song on 'Radio 1: Established 1967'.

I found that several missing songs I need are on the 'Medium Rare' compilation, and it exists on CD (I don't like vinyles). The prices on eBay look not that expensive, I can try to get one. I would get several songs I wanted PLUS songs I didn't know FFs did, like 'This Will Be Our Year' or 'Bad Reputation'. And it's official, and CD quality, everything I'm looking for.

And last thing, during my researches, I've found an unofficial release compiling several B-sides/bonus songs not available elsewhere or hard to find. It's called 'B-sides & rarities', and it seems to be a Russian 'bootleg'. What do you think about it, people? It my be interesting. But we'll never know about the quality, if it's MP3s unzipped to WAVs, or if it's CD quality into CD quality.

Your advises would help me. Thanks.
Old February 7th 2019, 01:17 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevthedrummer View Post
Are you against using iTunes? Most of your list are on there...
I prefer owning the material instead of 'renting' it. And I'm not a big fan of Apple either.

Spotify, Deezer, Amazon Music or other famous digital music platforms would be great to buy from, but the choice is small, and most of them don't sell anymore, we can just listen now.
Old February 7th 2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegansound View Post
And last thing, during my researches, I've found an unofficial release compiling several B-sides/bonus songs not available elsewhere or hard to find. It's called 'B-sides & rarities', and it seems to be a Russian 'bootleg'. What do you think about it, people? It my be interesting. But we'll never know about the quality, if it's MP3s unzipped to WAVs, or if it's CD quality into CD quality.
I'd probably stay away from anything purporting to be a website like that. Aside from legality reasons and copyright, like you said... you can't really be sure what the quality of those things are anyway. And if you're especially picky about that sort of thing, then you just don't know what you'd be getting.

Plus, I know of other band fanbases where people have tried buying things like that, then never heard back from the people they gave the money to.
2011: St. Paul
2015: St. Paul, Chicago (Wrigley), Anaheim (9/19)
2017: Chicago (Metro), Madison, Des Moines, Sioux Falls
2018: Milwaukee, St. Paul
Old February 18th 2019, 08:20 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgreg View Post
I'd probably stay away from anything purporting to be a website like that. Aside from legality reasons and copyright, like you said... you can't really be sure what the quality of those things are anyway. And if you're especially picky about that sort of thing, then you just don't know what you'd be getting.

Plus, I know of other band fanbases where people have tried buying things like that, then never heard back from the people they gave the money to.
Hello trevgreg,

I'm very sorry for my late reply, I was out of town for business. And thank you for your quick reply.

I have ordered 'Medium Rare' on CD on eBay. It should arrive to me soon. Like this, a good part of my problem is solved. Now 'just' the rest remains to be done.

I'm not really picky, contrary to what I said. Okay I want official stuff just to be legal (and when we like, we pay for it), quality is not my first condition. I just want lossless quality just for me to know then I can compress it as I want. All my CDs are ripped to mp3s to be put in my mp3 player. I compress them to 192Kbit/s, that's enough for me, and it takes less space. I just want to know that in the first place, the file is 'brand new', never been compressed.

So I'm not that picky regarding the quality, but I want to be the person who chooses it, who compresses it. And like that, once compressed, I would always have the lossless quality version somewhere on my computer if I change my mind.

Anyway, don't know about this russian compilation. Looks interesting anyway, and cheap. But I prefer to search for good deals first. And if buying compilations, soundtracks and single CDs individually costs a lot, I would start thinking taking it.

Any good deals/websites where to buy them? Discorg, Amazon, eBay, others?

Thanks.
Old February 18th 2019, 11:09 PM
Ready on your mark

Yeah, give that compilation a pass. It was put out by an illegal Russian pirating operation so in every possible way, you have no idea where that money's going: https://www.discogs.com/label/340800...B0%D1%80%D1%82

Adelaide / Sydney, 2011
Brisbane / Sydney / Adelaide, 2015
Gold Coast, 2015 (Chevy Metal)
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018
Old February 20th 2019, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Hello trevgreg,

I'm very sorry for my late reply, I was out of town for business. And thank you for your quick reply.

I have ordered 'Medium Rare' on CD on eBay. It should arrive to me soon. Like this, a good part of my problem is solved. Now 'just' the rest remains to be done.

I'm not really picky, contrary to what I said. Okay I want official stuff just to be legal (and when we like, we pay for it), quality is not my first condition. I just want lossless quality just for me to know then I can compress it as I want. All my CDs are ripped to mp3s to be put in my mp3 player. I compress them to 192Kbit/s, that's enough for me, and it takes less space. I just want to know that in the first place, the file is 'brand new', never been compressed.

So I'm not that picky regarding the quality, but I want to be the person who chooses it, who compresses it. And like that, once compressed, I would always have the lossless quality version somewhere on my computer if I change my mind.

Anyway, don't know about this russian compilation. Looks interesting anyway, and cheap. But I prefer to search for good deals first. And if buying compilations, soundtracks and single CDs individually costs a lot, I would start thinking taking it.

Any good deals/websites where to buy them? Discorg, Amazon, eBay, others?

Thanks.
I rip my cds, DVD and Blu Ray Audio to lossless FLAC. That way I can play it at full quality at home or downscale to MP3s for my portable devices. No need to rip it again later if you get a better playback device.
Old February 21st 2019, 09:19 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Thumbs up Re: Looking for unreleased tracks to buy digitaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by matineeidyll View Post
Yeah, give that compilation a pass. It was put out by an illegal Russian pirating operation so in every possible way, you have no idea where that money's going: https://www.discogs.com/label/340800...B0%D1%80%D1%82
Wow, nice 'Greatest Hits' bootleg collection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish_foo View Post
I rip my cds, DVD and Blu Ray Audio to lossless FLAC. That way I can play it at full quality at home or downscale to MP3s for my portable devices. No need to rip it again later if you get a better playback device.
That's what I do with my CDs, scottish_foo. But it's not the subject of my topic. I was asking for legal platforms where to buy b-sides/bonus FF songs, lossless preferably. I would like to buy the single CDs and other official compilation, etc., but most of them are expensive now. Digital stuff would be cheaper.

Soooooooo, after purchasing 'Medium Rare', I still miss those songs. If you have an idea, please help:

***I found these ones on a website, but I wait to see if a better place exists to buy from***
- Walking a Line
- Once & for All [demo]
- If Ever
- Seda
- Better off
- Kids in America
- Empty Handed

- The One
- Normal
- Darling Nikki
- Spill
- Bangin'

Or maybe someone who has those or any on CDs could share them with? Thanks.
Old February 23rd 2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Wow, nice 'Greatest Hits' bootleg collection!

That's what I do with my CDs, scottish_foo. But it's not the subject of my topic. I was asking for legal platforms where to buy b-sides/bonus FF songs, lossless preferably. I would like to buy the single CDs and other official compilation, etc., but most of them are expensive now. Digital stuff would be cheaper.
I was just trying to be helpful. No need for that tone of reply.

Quote:

Soooooooo, after purchasing 'Medium Rare', I still miss those songs. If you have an idea, please help:

- Walking a Line
- Once & for All [demo]
- If Ever
- Seda
- Better off
- Kids in America
- Empty Handed

- The One
- Normal
- Darling Nikki
- Spill
- Bangin'

Or maybe someone who has those or any on CDs could share them with? Thanks.
You have already been told those are scattered on different releases and asking people to share files illegally on the official board isn't the smartest thing to do.

Some of those tracks were Vinyl b-sides, others are exclusive to limited edition releases.
The Alarm, Glasgow, May
Iron Maiden - Newcastle, May
Iron Maiden - Glasgow Hydro, May
Kiss - Glasgow Hydro, May
Guns 'N' Roses - London, June
Old February 25th 2019, 03:10 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
I was just trying to be helpful. No need for that tone of reply.
I am sorry you took my answer this way, it wasn't intentional from me. You said you ripped your CDs to make them lossless/mp3s. But in my original post, I also said I have all albums and singles CDs ripped too, but I miss some songs I'm searching for to buy digitally, and was asking for solutions. So please understand your reply wasn't very useful to me, and I didn't want to make you feel bad about it.

Quote:
You have already been told those are scattered on different releases and asking people to share files illegally on the official board isn't the smartest thing to do.
Yea, it was just a case of despair from me, sorry for that. Buying a single CD very expensive just for one song, that's so boring...

Quote:
Some of those tracks were Vinyl b-sides, others are exclusive to limited edition releases.
Yep. Fortunately some vinyl versions are also available on CDs, but not all. I just received 'Medium Rare' in this case, I'm happy. Now I'll buy the digital b-sides I can, but lots will still have to be found in a way or another.
Old March 7th 2019, 04:56 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Re Medium Rare...

It was released twice on CD -

By Q magazine in the UK
https://www.discogs.com/Foo-Fighters...elease/2864610

and again shortly after in

Belgium via Humo magazine
https://www.discogs.com/Foo-Fighters...elease/3067152

ALL other CD copies are FAKE except
https://www.discogs.com/release/9345...um-Rare/images

and TWICE at the same exact time on LP - LP copies that are real...

US
https://www.discogs.com/Foo-Fighters...elease/2830554

UK/EU
https://www.discogs.com/Foo-Fighters...elease/2830781

ALL other copies are FAKE

IMHO if you are not seeing around an $80 US or 50 GBP price tag for these items new/sealed then you are probably looking at a fake.

And even if you are seeing an $80 US or 50 GBP price tag, you should be making VERY sure it's the actual item as many fakes now exist that are VERY close to the real items.

You need to go deeper and ask re collector standard identifiers as per "Barcode and Other Identifiers" section in Discogs - where you get LP wax etching and CD stamp pressing identifiers like:

https://www.discogs.com/Foo-Fighters...elease/2830781
Barcode: 8 86978 47981 5
Matrix / Runout (Side A, etched): 88697-84798-1-SA CB

https://www.discogs.com/Foo-Fighters...elease/3067152
Barcode (printed): 8 86979 67272 7
Matrix / Runout: [Sony Music logo] 54776746/88697967272 21

As proof for just two of the above 4 real copies

I was there

Last edited by FooZealand : March 7th 2019 at 05:07 AM.