Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 7th 2017, 05:22 PM
Misbehaving in Rest Home w/ the FOOS

Smile Mentos- is this why?

Hey. I was watching a science experiment on YouTube, in which the tester was placing Mentos in 2 liter soda pop bottles. I learned that when placed under a microscope, the surface of the Mento is pitted, and resembles the surface of the moon. Is this the correlation of Mentos and the Foo Fighters, is this why they have a presence in the Foo world?

(For the record, I originally was watching this because I want to do this project with my son, and wanted to see which brand would explode the best when Mentos are placed inside the bottle. Yes, I do research because I want it to be epic. If anyone cares- Diet Coke won due to its Physical reaction vs. Chemical. The physical part being attributed to the surface tension in aspertame vs. sugar. And Mentos’ pitted surface combined with the surface tension in Diet Coke produced the best guiser. And the end-end result of everything for me, well, is Foo Fighters )
Old December 7th 2017, 05:25 PM
How Do You Do

Default Re: Mentos- is this why?

No, it's something much more exciting than that. Mentos were featured in one of their first music videos back in the 1990s! A song called 'Big Me'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLdJQFTnZfA

Admin @FooFightersUK

Last edited by O.B.gene : December 7th 2017 at 05:27 PM.
Old December 7th 2017, 05:28 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Dave stopped playing Big Me live for many years as they got pelted with Mentos by the audience on account of the video.
Old December 7th 2017, 05:37 PM
How Do You Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Dave stopped playing Big Me live for many years as they got pelted with Mentos by the audience on account of the video.
We should bring that back, but updated. I'm coming with a bucket of dirty water to London Stadium next summer.

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old December 7th 2017, 05:49 PM

Talking Re: Mentos- is this why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
We should bring that back, but updated. I'm coming with a bucket of dirty water to London Stadium next summer.
That’s good.. you know Diet Coke resembles dirty water. I’ll take your idea one step further- request the Foos wear white “T-Shirts” and voila- we got ourselves a wet T -shirt contest starring the Foo Fighters “20th century style”

(And,, Thanks for the scoop on the Mentos you two
Old December 7th 2017, 06:00 PM
How Do You Do

Eek! Re: Mentos- is this why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_B_FooHawk_MovedOn View Post
That’s good.. you know Diet Coke resembles dirty water. I’ll take your idea one step further- request the Foos wear white “T-Shirts” and voila- we got ourselves a wet T -shirt contest starring the Foo Fighters “20th century style”

(And,, Thanks for the scoop on the Mentos you two
you're a bit kinky Amy B!! i like that

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old December 7th 2017, 06:34 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
Old December 7th 2017, 09:46 PM
I'll Stick Around

A random bit to add to this conversation but the mentoes and coke experiment saved my life and may someone else's, I had a xxx strong mint in my mouth and bent forward and I some how managed to accidently swallow it and it wedged in my throat and I couldn't breathe or dislodge it, a random person had a bottle of coke which I grabbed off them and drunk some. It fizzed like crazy and dissolved it and I could breathe again.
Old December 8th 2017, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief View Post
A random bit to add to this conversation but the mentoes and coke experiment saved my life and may someone else's, I had a xxx strong mint in my mouth and bent forward and I some how managed to accidently swallow it and it wedged in my throat and I couldn't breathe or dislodge it, a random person had a bottle of coke which I grabbed off them and drunk some. It fizzed like crazy and dissolved it and I could breathe again.
Dual post. See below

Last edited by Amy_B_FooHawk_MovedOn : December 8th 2017 at 03:50 AM.
Old December 8th 2017, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief View Post
Hey there, you know what the coolest, most interesting contribution to this post is? Yours. Bless you. I don’t know you personally—but I’m sincerely relieved that you are O.K. Thank you for sharing this (between you, me, and the Foo family, I have a “thing” about choking, for realz). And I gleam on to every bit of survival tactics I can (you never, ever,know, right)? Cheers, that be some crazy interesting story. Long live Foo Fighters (And Mentos )
Sincerely, a Buzzed Amy B
Old December 9th 2017, 06:00 AM
I'll Stick Around

Thanks darling, you never know when you need the random tips so happy to share, forewarned is forearmed , long may we live