Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old July 4th 2018, 12:08 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default 1st Timer! MSG 7/16 GA questions

My first show! Where and when should we line up for good GA position at MSG 7/16? Does merch sell out before show is over? Thanks!! 1st post!
Old July 4th 2018, 03:02 AM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: 1st Timer! MSG 7/16 GA questions

Hello,
Contact the venue in the days ahead before the show or see if their website says the where and when. There will usually be a designated gate for GA attendees.

Merch is usually available before, during and after the show. But of course, some items might not be there the whole time depending on their exclusivity. For example, the posters may be a hot item as opposed to a t-shirt, especially for a place like NYC. Sometimes the people in a GA line might be able to check out the merch items before doors open, but that doesn't happen at every show.
2011: St. Paul
2015: St. Paul, Chicago (Wrigley), Anaheim (9/19)
2017: Chicago (Metro), Madison, Des Moines, Sioux Falls
2018: Milwaukee, St. Paul
Old July 4th 2018, 03:15 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I'm a relative newbie to GA but I've been advised to get in line many hours ahead of time. That being said, I had to travel 3 hours to Atlanta and got there 30 minutes AFTER gates opened, got merch first (listened to the Struts first couple of songs in line) and then actually was about 10 people back from the stage. Not close enough for a short person, but still I was surprised! Greensboro NC was not like that.
Old July 20th 2018, 02:37 PM
Visiting is pretty...

So hereís how my first Foo show went.... freaking fantastic! Got to the Garden around 10 am. First in line had arrived around 4 am and the line was about 35 fans long. GA line goes in the door at 8th ave and 33rd street with the line going gown 8th Ave. It was 100 degrees on the sidewalk so I wasnít going to spend all day on line with my daughter. Came back around 2 pm and line was only 50 fans longer. Got some early dinner and got online at 430 and were around # 120 or so. They let us in out of the sun at 530 and into the pit at 600. We were only 10-15 feet from the front! Dave & Co were excellent. They came on about 840 and rocked solid for 2 1/2 hours. We jumped, sang and shouted til I lost my voice. The band was well balanced, Daveís voice was in fine form, everybody rocked! Sorry I waited 23 years to see them live. Iím going to try to catch every show from now on! Grabbed a tshirt and poster from the pop up shop, wearing it now.
Closed Thread