Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Foo Side Projects
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 8th 2011, 09:26 AM
How's that for a slice of fried gold?!

Default Re: is it OK to be a Foo fan and think Homme is a d-bag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenxe View Post
Apparently no one understands a rhetorical question in the interest of conversation.
Obviously the OP isn't asking permission to not like Joshua Homme, he's saying, "Hey I don't like Josh Homme. Anyone else? Discuss."
Actually, I think you'll find he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterney View Post
I cant stand Homme but i feel like a traitor saying it
Old August 9th 2011, 03:56 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
Actually, I think you'll find he said:
I've seen you argue semantics waaaaaay too small for me to bother.
Old August 9th 2011, 09:16 PM
How's that for a slice of fried gold?!

Excellent. Because quite frankly, I don't give a shit enough to have an argument about it.

All I will say is it's pretty childish to like someone because you're told to like someone. Or to be somebodies friend because your friend is. Make your own decisions.
Old August 9th 2011, 09:53 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default xanax name

Thanks mate... just dropped by. Will look for BIKE STN when we get to Seattle. Still in Buenos Airies.
Old August 13th 2011, 08:43 AM
my tits are also out for Simon

It would be okay to be a QOTSA fan and think Josh is a d-bag. Who cares what you think of the person(within reason, rapist, pedophile, etc would be different). It's the music that counts. I don't think he's a douchebag but there are definitely times when Josh comes off as a dick to me or I don't agree with some things he says or does. So what? I'm not his friend and I don't like him for his personality I just love the music he makes.
Old August 23rd 2011, 06:29 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Thumbs down Re: is it OK to be a Foo fan and think Homme is a d-bag?

Homme was obviously the weakest link in TCV. His guitar playing was amazing, but he can't really sing at all. His range is about as dynamic as Johnny Cash's.

It TCV record a new album, I hope they have another singer so it doesn't sound like another QOTSA album.

That...or have Dave sing and play drums.
Old August 23rd 2011, 08:15 PM
I'm a Muggle Fuggin' Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Grief View Post
Homme was obviously the weakest link in TCV. His guitar playing was amazing, but he can't really sing at all. His range is about as dynamic as Johnny Cash's.

It TCV record a new album, I hope they have another singer so it doesn't sound like another QOTSA album.

Homme has more range then Dave in my opinion.
Old August 23rd 2011, 08:28 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezz View Post
Homme has more range then Dave in my opinion.
And in mine. He's a better lyricist, too. And I don't know enough about him to decide whether he's a douchebag or not - but I like his music.

Milton Keynes II 2011 | Pukkelpop 2011 | Rock en Seine 2011 | Villa Manin 2012 | Pukkelpop 2012 | Reading 2012 | The Forum 2013 (SCP) | Wembley Stadium II
Milton Keynes I 2015 | Khln 2015 | Rock Werchter 2017 | AccorHotels Arena Paris 2017 | NOS Alive 2017 | Sportpaleis Antwerp 2018 | Olympic Stadium II 2018
Old August 23rd 2011, 08:42 PM
A star burned out

Quote:

to switch Josh is to completely break TCV up. they're not the kind of people to carry on with projects that lose an important member just to get more attention, money or whatever and QOTSA is not to be taken in consideration here as it's pretty much just a Josh Homme project, people will come and go but the essence will be there as long as Josh is there.

and also, I have to disagree with josh being the weakest link, you might not like his voice, but his range is way higher than Dave's and do add something special to it, and his guitar is not just great, it's original, like very few musicians do nowadays and a very strong spice to TCV music, therefore you calling him the weakest link of the band makes no sense whatsoever.

no idea if he's a douchebag, but as myself and other people stated before, Dave and JPJ doesn't seem like the kind of people to get along with douchebags, let alone work and go out on tour with them.
Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - So Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - So Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - So Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - So Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - So Paulo
Old August 23rd 2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamilia View Post
And in mine. He's a better lyricist, too. And I don't know enough about him to decide whether he's a douchebag or not - but I like his music.
I like you.
Old August 24th 2011, 12:29 AM

Just to add my 2 cents, have any of you actually met Josh? I have, and he was really nice. I thought he may be a bit scary and hard to talk to but he wasnt at all. He was happy to have a photo with me, we had a chat, and my mum told him about my little sister who had a few months prior nearly died from going through a glass window, and asked him to write her a message. He was really worried (it was a instore signing and he was standing up) and he looked pretty freaked out and sat down, he was like "oh my gosh that is so terrible, is she ok?" and he took his time writing a personal message to her, something like, 'Hey sweetie hope you are feeling better now, Love Josh'

I know he has seemed agro in the past but he has certainly mellowed and he is one of the nicest people I've met.
Old August 24th 2011, 12:56 AM

Josh could give out cash at his gigs and the stories of when he loses his shit would be the ones that you would hear or see put up youtube or gossip sites.
Dave outburst at the itunes festival had a shit load of stuff about it across the internet.

People seem to love reporting on rockstars outbursts as they feel that it's unjustified for them this rich and famous rockstar to lose their shit every now and then. However they are still human.
Old August 24th 2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
agreed.

Some of the lyrics on that TCV record are absolutely brilliant.
Old August 24th 2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezz View Post
I like you.
I like Good_Grief. He's funny.

Quote:
Homme was obviously the weakest link in TCV. [...] It TCV record a new album, I hope they have another singer so it doesn't sound like another QOTSA album.

You do know one of the reasons for starting TCV is that Dave could just be the drummer again, don't you?

Milton Keynes II 2011 | Pukkelpop 2011 | Rock en Seine 2011 | Villa Manin 2012 | Pukkelpop 2012 | Reading 2012 | The Forum 2013 (SCP) | Wembley Stadium II
Milton Keynes I 2015 | Khln 2015 | Rock Werchter 2017 | AccorHotels Arena Paris 2017 | NOS Alive 2017 | Sportpaleis Antwerp 2018 | Olympic Stadium II 2018
Old August 24th 2011, 11:15 AM
I don't have a cofee problem.

If you watch Josh live his guitar playing is exceptional. Most guitar weilding front men play rhythm as that is easier but Homme is busting out seriously difficult licks whilst singing.

The guy is a massive (in more way than one) talent.

03/06/95 KCLSU 15/11/95 Brixton 28/05/97 Astoria 29/05/97 Astoria 23/11/97 Brixton 25/11/99 Brixton 04/03/00 Scala 24/08/00 Stratford Rex 26/08/02 Astoria 23/11/02 Wembley Arena 24/08/05 Astoria 17/12/05 Earls Court 17/06/06 Hyde Park 18/11/07 02 Arena 06/06/08 Wembley Stadium 23/02/11 Brixton 25/02/11 Wembley Arena 03/07/11 MK Bowl 11/07/2011 Camden Roundhouse 10/09/2014 Brighton Concorde 2 14/09/2014 Invictus Games 06/09/2015 MK Bowl
Old August 24th 2011, 12:54 PM

This I-don't-like-Homme-thread is turning into a Josh-is-awesome one, hah!

Poor OP...

Old August 24th 2011, 01:54 PM

Finger Re: is it OK to be a Foo fan and think Homme is a d-bag?

Josh is absolutely the weakest link in TCV - nothing against him or anything but do you really think the band would of went anywhere w/o Mr. Grohl on drums and add JPJ on top of that to the rhythm section? I think Josh is way more talented on guitar and I would have enjoyed TCV more, had they had a stronger singer. He's not terrible, but I definatly do not agree that he has more of a vocal range.

He's good at stoner rock, but hell, once the buzz wears off - *yawn.* Take "elephants" for example - beginning rocks harder than anything I've heard in awhile, then theres 4 minutes of drudge in the middle thats just god damn boring, then they finally hit it back up again at the end.

And as far as Mr. Grohl singing and drumming? Why is this out of the question? Levon Helm anyone?

Ginger Elvis is not a front man.
Old August 24th 2011, 01:56 PM

Exclamation Re: is it OK to be a Foo fan and think Homme is a d-bag?

Quote:
I like Good_Grief. He's funny.

You do know one of the reasons for starting TCV is that Dave could just be the drummer again, don't you?
Yes, but are you suggesting that they couldn't switch it up a bit more on the second album if they choose to do it? Say half Homme / half Grohl? Anything is possibibilty.
Old August 24th 2011, 03:39 PM
The Cookie Is A Lie

Quote:
Josh is absolutely the weakest link in TCV - nothing against him or anything but do you really think the band would of went anywhere w/o Mr. Grohl on drums and add JPJ on top of that to the rhythm section? I think Josh is way more talented on guitar and I would have enjoyed TCV more, had they had a stronger singer. He's not terrible, but I definatly do not agree that he has more of a vocal range.

He's good at stoner rock, but hell, once the buzz wears off - *yawn.* Take "elephants" for example - beginning rocks harder than anything I've heard in awhile, then theres 4 minutes of drudge in the middle thats just god damn boring, then they finally hit it back up again at the end.

And as far as Mr. Grohl singing and drumming? Why is this out of the question? Levon Helm anyone?

Ginger Elvis is not a front man.
TCV wouldn't have been the same band without ANY of them. Josh's voice suits it because half the songs, if not more are based around it.

Of course there are technically stronger singers out there, but that doesn't mean they would have worked better. Talent though he is, I don't believe that Dave is technically the best drummer ever. But what he does suits the music exceptionally well.

And Josh is a great front man. The man oozes charisma.
Old August 24th 2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Yes, but are you suggesting that they couldn't switch it up a bit more on the second album if they choose to do it? Say half Homme / half Grohl? Anything is possibibilty.
Honestly, I don't see Dave doing the stuff - singing the genre - Josh does in TCV.