Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #321  
Old November 14th 2016, 01:55 PM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,882
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Wonder if they would do Wembley considering what happened last time plus how much they want to play there & there are dates available?
That would be great but if they did that then would they also need to look at re-booking other cancelled shows from the SH tour (eg France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium)?

I don't think they will look at full Foo shows at all next year just festivals but I do think there will be a Foo tour in 2018 which I would expect to include Wembley.
__________________
*I can spam like an arsehole*
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old November 14th 2016, 02:31 PM
DaveJK's Avatar
DaveJK DaveJK is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 67
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
I do think there will be a Foo tour in 2018 which I would expect to include Wembley.
10th anniversary of the 2008 Wembley shows. Wow, I'm feeling old(er).
__________________
Paris,Nov 2015
Milton Keynes, Sep 5 2015
Wembley,19/20 June 2015
Invictus Closing London Sep 14 2014
Sound City Players,London, Feb 19 2013
Reading Festival,August 2012
Milton Keynes July 2 2011
NME Awards Feb 23 2011
Them Crooked Vultures Download June 2010
Them Crooked Vultures Hammersmith 17 Dec 2009
Them Crooked Vultures Jonathan Ross 6 Dec 2009
Wembley June 6 2008
O2 Arena Nov 17 2007
Live Earth July 7 2007
Big Day Out Sydney, January 2003
Big Day Out Sydney, January 2000
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old November 14th 2016, 06:32 PM
aprilshack's Avatar
aprilshack aprilshack is offline
Fooper!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Merseyside, uk.
Posts: 10,473
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

If they are doing Glasto & that can't be revealed until next year, why bother to include the UK on that map now? There has to be something else than Glasto surely?
__________________
Leeds & Reading, 2019
Pula,Croatia x2, 2019
London Stadium x2, 2018
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old November 14th 2016, 07:02 PM
bavarianfoo's Avatar
bavarianfoo bavarianfoo is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 535
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
If they are doing Glasto & that can't be revealed until next year, why bother to include the UK on that map now? There has to be something else than Glasto surely?
There will be something else, not only in the UK. I'm sure. The passport has so much space left, there's nothing on the lower half until now, so maybe some Foo Shows after the Festivals?
__________________

11/11/15 Wien
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old November 14th 2016, 07:40 PM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,882
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianfoo View Post
There will be something else, not only in the UK. I'm sure. The passport has so much space left, there's nothing on the lower half until now, so maybe some Foo Shows after the Festivals?
Download is a possibility for the UK and there are plenty of festivals in Europe over the summer. Wonder if they will venture further afield such as Asia or Australia?

I still don't think that they will do any full Foo shows but I hope I'm wrong!
__________________
*I can spam like an arsehole*
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old November 14th 2016, 07:47 PM
pjonze's Avatar
pjonze pjonze is offline
FooArchive
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 6,113
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Download is a possibility for the UK and there are plenty of festivals in Europe over the summer. Wonder if they will venture further afield such as Asia or Australia?

I still don't think that they will do any full Foo shows but I hope I'm wrong!
Download is the beginning of June & they've already announced their headliners.
__________________
webmaster - www.FooArchive.com

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old November 14th 2016, 07:58 PM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,882
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjonze View Post
Download is the beginning of June & they've already announced their headliners.
You are very right!!

Maybe Reading/Leeds or V?? Although they are in August so a lot later than the dates announced so far. When is T in the Park??

I still don't see Glasto - didn't Eavis say last year after the Foo cancellations that headliners had already been booked for 2017 and Foo were definitely not playing??
__________________
*I can spam like an arsehole*
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old November 14th 2016, 08:33 PM
pjonze's Avatar
pjonze pjonze is offline
FooArchive
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 6,113
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
I still don't see Glasto - didn't Eavis say last year after the Foo cancellations that headliners had already been booked for 2017 and Foo were definitely not playing??
No, (unlike Daft Punk and The Stone Roses) they've never been ruled out for 2017 by name. Late 2015 when it was assumed they'd return the following year Eavis announced all 3 headliners for 2016 were British which of course stopped rumours for that year.
__________________
webmaster - www.FooArchive.com

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old November 14th 2016, 08:44 PM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,882
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjonze View Post
No, (unlike Daft Punk and The Stone Roses) they've never been ruled out for 2017 by name. Late 2015 when it was assumed they'd return the following year Eavis announced all 3 headliners for 2016 were British which of course stopped rumours for that year.
Didn't he also say at the same time that the headliners for 2017 had also been confirmed? I think I just thought that it would have been unusual to have the same band headlining two out of three years. But it would be great if they did do Glasto.
__________________
*I can spam like an arsehole*
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old November 14th 2016, 09:15 PM
pjonze's Avatar
pjonze pjonze is offline
FooArchive
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 6,113
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Didn't he also say at the same time that the headliners for 2017 had also been confirmed? I think I just thought that it would have been unusual to have the same band headlining two out of three years. But it would be great if they did do Glasto.
This was September 2015:

Speaking at the AIM Independent Music Awards, he let slip that his team were struggling for to find new bands and acts that were big enough to headline the world's biggest festival, and that they were 'still recycling' headliners of the past.

He also revealed that two of the headliners installed for 2017 had not performed in the coveted Pyramid Stage top of the bill, which at least guarantees some fresh talent will get the chance to shine.


Nothing he's said rules Foo Fighters out. In fact it points more toward them than away from them.
__________________
webmaster - www.FooArchive.com

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl
Reply With Quote
  #331  
Old November 14th 2016, 09:18 PM
littledarkpoet littledarkpoet is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 265
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Didn't he also say at the same time that the headliners for 2017 had also been confirmed? I think I just thought that it would have been unusual to have the same band headlining two out of three years. But it would be great if they did do Glasto.
I think at the time the quotes from both Dave and Emily were that the Foo Fighters would not be back in 2016, that the headliners had been booked for 2016... I remember thinking it was oddly specific! As they could easily have written off 2016/17 if it was all booked, and they could deny it now! Although it could have been they were only asked if they'd be back in 2016.

I also think that planning your headliners two years out is some long distance planning.. considering that 2017 was supposed to be a fallow year, and they changed that after 2015, to 2018.. who knows. There are issues also about where Glastonbury will take place in 2019... as it needs to move from its current site.

Personally I think they will be at Glasto, OR Reading... I don't think they'll headline V ever again considering the type of acts, Bieber and Rihanna headlined this year.. so I don't think they fit the new V Festival.
__________________
12/05 - London 01/06 - Paris 06/06 - London 06/06 - London
08/07 - Stafford 11/07 - Manchester 11/07 - Birmingham
11/07 - Nottingham 06/08 - London 02/11 - London 08/12 - Reading
09/14 - HOV - London (OMFG) 09/14 - London 05/15 - Sunderland
06/15 - Edinburgh 06/15 - Glastonbury 09/15 - Milton Keynes
09/15 - Edinburgh 11/15 - Amsterdam 11/15 - Cologne
06/17 - Glastonbury 07/17 - Paris 09/17 - London
06/18 - Antwerp 06/18 - London 06/18 - London
08/19 - Leeds 08/19 - Reading
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old November 14th 2016, 09:27 PM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,882
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledarkpoet View Post
I think at the time the quotes from both Dave and Emily were that the Foo Fighters would not be back in 2016, that the headliners had been booked for 2016... I remember thinking it was oddly specific! As they could easily have written off 2016/17 if it was all booked, and they could deny it now! Although it could have been they were only asked if they'd be back in 2016.

I also think that planning your headliners two years out is some long distance planning.. considering that 2017 was supposed to be a fallow year, and they changed that after 2015, to 2018.. who knows. There are issues also about where Glastonbury will take place in 2019... as it needs to move from its current site.

Personally I think they will be at Glasto, OR Reading... I don't think they'll headline V ever again considering the type of acts, Bieber and Rihanna headlined this year.. so I don't think they fit the new V Festival.
V fest used to be a great festival but yep its complete trash now.

A bit like Reading which back in my teenage days (in the 80's) was really an alternative festival so as a goth was right up my street.
__________________
*I can spam like an arsehole*
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old November 14th 2016, 09:27 PM
O.B.gene's Avatar
O.B.gene O.B.gene is offline
I'm Alone Again
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Southend, Essex
Posts: 27,792
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

Glastonbury is beyond obvious as a choice as far as I'm concerned.
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old November 14th 2016, 10:02 PM
bavarianfoo's Avatar
bavarianfoo bavarianfoo is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 535
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

Most Festivals are crap nowadays. All the big rock Festivals have 3 or 4 good acts. And then there is a Tent or a smaller stage for electronic shit Music. I just can't understand why the fuck there has to be electronic Music for example at a Festival that is called ROCK am Ring
__________________

11/11/15 Wien
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old November 14th 2016, 10:06 PM
scottish_foo scottish_foo is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Posts: 1,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
V fest used to be a great festival but yep its complete trash now.

A bit like Reading which back in my teenage days (in the 80's) was really an alternative festival so as a goth was right up my street.
T on the Park has also alienated their fans by mostly booking DJs and crap urban music. Changing to a smaller site that us less accessible hasn't helped either.

It used to be a good festival with decent rock acts being booked. Foos were superb in 2011 last time.
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old November 14th 2016, 10:14 PM
O.B.gene's Avatar
O.B.gene O.B.gene is offline
I'm Alone Again
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Southend, Essex
Posts: 27,792
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish_foo View Post
It used to be a good festival with decent rock acts being booked. Foos were superb in 2011 last time.
I was up there for that show! Awesome back in London the next day for the iTunes show
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old November 15th 2016, 09:58 AM
Loveless85 Loveless85 is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 70
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianfoo View Post
Most Festivals are crap nowadays. All the big rock Festivals have 3 or 4 good acts. And then there is a Tent or a smaller stage for electronic shit Music. I just can't understand why the fuck there has to be electronic Music for example at a Festival that is called ROCK am Ring
Go to Wacken, or Hellfest.
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old November 15th 2016, 10:00 AM
Loveless85 Loveless85 is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 70
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledarkpoet View Post
I think at the time the quotes from both Dave and Emily were that the Foo Fighters would not be back in 2016, that the headliners had been booked for 2016... I remember thinking it was oddly specific! As they could easily have written off 2016/17 if it was all booked, and they could deny it now! Although it could have been they were only asked if they'd be back in 2016.

I also think that planning your headliners two years out is some long distance planning.. considering that 2017 was supposed to be a fallow year, and they changed that after 2015, to 2018.. who knows. There are issues also about where Glastonbury will take place in 2019... as it needs to move from its current site.

Personally I think they will be at Glasto, OR Reading... I don't think they'll headline V ever again considering the type of acts, Bieber and Rihanna headlined this year.. so I don't think they fit the new V Festival.
Reading is totally out of the question. Its way WAY WAAAAAAAY too late. Its just gonna be a few weeks in july. Reading is end of August.
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old November 15th 2016, 10:20 AM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,019
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
Glastonbury is beyond obvious as a choice as far as I'm concerned.
100% with you - pretty much inevitable now & not escaping the scene either
http://www.nme.com/news/music/foo-fi...l-2017-1853884
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old November 15th 2016, 11:03 AM
bavarianfoo's Avatar
bavarianfoo bavarianfoo is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 535
Default Re: Foo Fighters new 'live dates' passport - 2017 Euro Festivals [Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveless85 View Post
Go to Wacken, or Hellfest.
Wacken and Hellfest are metal Festivals?! I really hate heavy metal. No question that they're good musicians, but the Music.
__________________

11/11/15 Wien
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.