Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 5th 2018, 05:44 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default First Foo concert - I have some questions

Hello everyone,

I will be attending my first ever Foo concert later this year. Can someone tell me if there is a 'pit' on the floor or is everything on the floor just a free for all.

I've seen Springsteen a few times, and there was an area on the floor right in front of the stage that people could get into (after waiting in line for hours and hours).

Thanks for your help!
Old March 5th 2018, 05:54 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Default Re: First Foo concert - I have some questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatgirl View Post
Hello everyone,

I will be attending my first ever Foo concert later this year. Can someone tell me if there is a 'pit' on the floor or is everything on the floor just a free for all.

I've seen Springsteen a few times, and there was an area on the floor right in front of the stage that people could get into (after waiting in line for hours and hours).

Thanks for your help!
Yes - there will be a floor/pit area which is a standing area in front of the stage. The tickets are sold as GA (general admission) and its first come first served, stand where you want, free for all arrangement.
Old March 5th 2018, 10:10 PM
These Are My Famous Last Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatgirl View Post
Hello everyone,

Thanks for your help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Yes - there will be a floor/pit area which is a standing area in front of the stage. The tickets are sold as GA (general admission) and its first come first served, stand where you want, free for all arrangement.
I have seen both Springsteen and the Foo Fighters and they are not the same. With Bruce, everyone with a floor ticket gets a numbered wristband and then a bit before the doors open one number is randomly picked and that is where the line starts. This gives everyone an equal opportunity to be in the pit (about 500 people depending on venue). After that the remaining people (still in number order) go into the next section which is where the runway goes out to. With the Foos it is first come first serve and the whole floor is also just GA. I have waited an hour plus in 40F weather (I am from Los Angeles so that is chilly for me) to be in the first row on the floor but it all depends on the venue and the size of the crowd on how early you should show up. Hope this helps and enjoy the show.
Glen Helen Regional Park (CalJam 17) - San Bernardino, CA - Oct. 7, 2017
Greensboro Coliseum - Greensboro, NC - Oct. 15, 2017
Matthew Knight Arena - Eugene, OR - Dec. 5, 2017
Old March 6th 2018, 12:40 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I have never been in the Pit but from what I saw on videos, it seems like it's really great and awesome to be there!

I hope I can be part of the Pit next time....
Old March 6th 2018, 02:40 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLFox View Post
I have seen both Springsteen and the Foo Fighters and they are not the same. With Bruce, everyone with a floor ticket gets a numbered wristband and then a bit before the doors open one number is randomly picked and that is where the line starts. This gives everyone an equal opportunity to be in the pit (about 500 people depending on venue). After that the remaining people (still in number order) go into the next section which is where the runway goes out to. With the Foos it is first come first serve and the whole floor is also just GA. I have waited an hour plus in 40F weather (I am from Los Angeles so that is chilly for me) to be in the first row on the floor but it all depends on the venue and the size of the crowd on how early you should show up. Hope this helps and enjoy the show.
THANK YOU very much for the information! I will camp out if necessary to get as close to the stage as possible.
Old March 7th 2018, 02:32 PM
Have you found your way around

I got "inner pit" bands for both their shows at Milton keynes in 2015. For the first one we were in the queue at 2pm and the second say I was horrendously hungover and didn't crawl through the gate till 4.30pm.
On the first day they were giving out the wristbands to the people in the queue but on the Sunday they were just giving them out on the entrance to the pit so I guess if you didn't know what was going on you didnt try!
I'd highly recommend it. Its great being that close and as they limit the amount of folks in there it isnt as busy as you'd think.

Edit: my profile picture was taken on the first day so you can see how close it is!

Reading, Dubbers, GlasVegas, Aug 19 : PULA x 2 June 19 : London x 2 June 18 : James Corden, June 18 : Download Paris, June 18 : O2, Sept 17 : Lollapalloza Berlin, Sept 17 : NOS Alive, July 17 : Glastonbury 17 : Paris, Nov, 20 15 : Berlin, Nov, 2015 : Milton Keynes x2 Sept, 15 : Glastonbury 2015 : Wembley, 20th June 15 : Invictus Closing Concert, London, Sep 14 : Milton Keynes, July 11 : Wembley, June 08 : Reading, 98 : Glastonbury June, 98 : Ozzfest, June , 98 : Shepherds Bush, 97

Last edited by Becks12 : March 7th 2018 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Showing off my pic :)
Old March 7th 2018, 02:44 PM
Right down the drain I go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks12 View Post
I got "inner pit" bands for both their shows at Milton keynes in 2015. For the first one we were in the queue at 2pm and the second say I was horrendously hungover and didn't crawl through the gate till 4.30pm.
On the first day they were giving out the wristbands to the people in the queue but on the Sunday they were just giving them out on the entrance to the pit so I guess if you didn't know what was going on you didnt try!
I'd highly recommend it. Its great being that close and as they limit the amount of folks in there it isnt as busy as you'd think.

Edit: my profile picture was taken on the first day so you can see how close it is!
Yeah the inner pit was great at MK!
Old March 9th 2018, 01:25 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Might consider getting a place at the pit next time. Looks really cool and fun!
Old March 9th 2018, 10:25 AM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohans View Post
Might consider getting a place at the pit next time. Looks really cool and fun!
Really is. Once you've got your wristband/stamp you can come and go so you can go off and get beers without worrying about keeping a good spot.

Hoping to get in both days for London but can't get there till gone 3pm on the friday. Fingers crossed!

Reading, Dubbers, GlasVegas, Aug 19 : PULA x 2 June 19 : London x 2 June 18 : James Corden, June 18 : Download Paris, June 18 : O2, Sept 17 : Lollapalloza Berlin, Sept 17 : NOS Alive, July 17 : Glastonbury 17 : Paris, Nov, 20 15 : Berlin, Nov, 2015 : Milton Keynes x2 Sept, 15 : Glastonbury 2015 : Wembley, 20th June 15 : Invictus Closing Concert, London, Sep 14 : Milton Keynes, July 11 : Wembley, June 08 : Reading, 98 : Glastonbury June, 98 : Ozzfest, June , 98 : Shepherds Bush, 97