Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3281  
Old September 11th 2014, 11:41 PM
littledarkpoet littledarkpoet is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 265
Default Re: UK bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by dq88 View Post
Pretty cool! Glad you had an amazing time
Thanks.. The setlist on setlist fm is wrong as they played Breakout before the encore break, a couple of songs before and the encore was Times Like These, then Best Of You, then Everlong..
__________________
12/05 - London 01/06 - Paris 06/06 - London 06/06 - London
08/07 - Stafford 11/07 - Manchester 11/07 - Birmingham
11/07 - Nottingham 06/08 - London 02/11 - London 08/12 - Reading
09/14 - HOV - London (OMFG) 09/14 - London 05/15 - Sunderland
06/15 - Edinburgh 06/15 - Glastonbury 09/15 - Milton Keynes
09/15 - Edinburgh 11/15 - Amsterdam 11/15 - Cologne
06/17 - Glastonbury 07/17 - Paris 09/17 - London
06/18 - Antwerp 06/18 - London 06/18 - London
08/19 - Leeds 08/19 - Reading
  #3282  
Old September 11th 2014, 11:43 PM
pjonze's Avatar
pjonze pjonze is offline
FooArchive
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 6,113
Default Re: UK bound

That printed set list isn't 100% correct. Off the rope of my head I think Times Like These started the encore, Weenie Beenie had been played earlier in the set & Walk wasn't played at all... I think.
__________________
webmaster - www.FooArchive.com

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl
  #3283  
Old September 11th 2014, 11:46 PM
OIKY's Avatar
OIKY OIKY is offline
your mum
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: SW12
Posts: 22,434
Default Re: UK bound

Got to say the house of vans is a really special venue. Necer been anywhere like it. If I'm honest the sound didn't travel well towards mid way/ the back but its to be expected in a bloody railway tunnel.

Good solid set too, I'm pleased that barely any IYH and ESPG made it through as the other albums tracks sound much better live. New way home is my favourite song so happy to hear that too. I don't think I'll ever get to hear aurora mind you
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboyrocks View Post
Ookie spiralling upwards as he gives birth to a turd bigger in courics than any other is a pleasing vision.
  #3284  
Old September 11th 2014, 11:49 PM
Ben Bracey's Avatar
Ben Bracey Ben Bracey is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 643
Default Re: UK bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjonze View Post
That printed set list isn't 100% correct. Off the rope of my head I think Times Like These started the encore, Weenie Beenie had been played earlier in the set & Walk wasn't played at all... I think.
Very lucky indeed!
  #3285  
Old September 11th 2014, 11:51 PM
Johnny_Park2006's Avatar
Johnny_Park2006 Johnny_Park2006 is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: London, UK
Posts: 321
Default Re: UK bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIKY View Post
Got to say the house of vans is a really special venue. Necer been anywhere like it. If I'm honest the sound didn't travel well towards mid way/ the back but its to be expected in a bloody railway tunnel.

Good solid set too, I'm pleased that barely any IYH and ESPG made it through as the other albums tracks sound much better live. New way home is my favourite song so happy to hear that too. I don't think I'll ever get to hear aurora mind you
You & me both on the 'Aurora' front, mate.

Still, an amazing night. Can't wait to do it all again tomorrow.

I bloody stink after that. That's my insight for now.
__________________
Hyde Park - 17/06/06
O2 Arena - 17/11/07
Wembley Stadium - 07/06/08
Wembley Arena - 25/02/11
Milton Keynes Bowl - 03/07/11
Reading Festival - 26/08/12
House of Vans - 11/09/14
Islington Assembly Hall - 12/09/14
Glastonbury Festival - 26/06/15
Glastonbury Festival - 24/06/17
London Stadium - 23/06/18
  #3286  
Old September 12th 2014, 12:01 AM
Phyllis's Avatar
Phyllis Phyllis is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 103
Default Re: UK bound

Btw the card machine wasn't working for tshirts today so bring cash with you just incase!
  #3287  
Old September 12th 2014, 12:03 AM
Hoohaaa Hoohaaa is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 138
Default Re: UK bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllis View Post
Btw the card machine wasn't working for tshirts today so bring cash with you just incase!
Thanks for that don't want to be scuttling around trying to find a machine !! How was it ? Ant wait for tomorrow !!

Last edited by Hoohaaa : September 12th 2014 at 12:06 AM. Reason: I meant can't wait!
  #3288  
Old September 12th 2014, 12:06 AM
ipslim ipslim is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 175
Default Re: UK bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllis View Post
FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!
There are no words
Fantastic you got in after the day you had.

Also made it in on a bit of a wing and a prayer and super last minute but such an awesome night.
  #3289  
Old September 12th 2014, 12:10 AM
ipslim ipslim is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 175
Default Re: UK bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Park2006 View Post

I bloody stink after that. That's my insight for now.
There was some serious stink going on at the end tonight
  #3290  
Old September 12th 2014, 12:21 AM
Phyllis's Avatar
Phyllis Phyllis is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 103
Default Re: UK bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoohaaa View Post
Thanks for that don't want to be scuttling around trying to find a machine !! How was it ? Ant wait for tomorrow !!
They don't let u out!!! Once ur in ur in, the guy ended up taking machine outside to get some signal. Hopefully it'll be working tomorrow.
It was bloody fantastiamazingfreakingmindblowingly awesome.
You're gonna have such a fabulous time, if I get lucky enough, may see u there! Now I've seen them I just want more 😖 dont want to be greedy but at the same time, there's some songs I wanna be hearing hahahahaha
If ur coming from highbury, there's like nearly 5 cash machines before u get to the town hall
  #3291  
Old September 12th 2014, 12:23 AM
Phyllis's Avatar
Phyllis Phyllis is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 103
Default Re: UK bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipslim View Post
Fantastic you got in after the day you had.

Also made it in on a bit of a wing and a prayer and super last minute but such an awesome night.
So glad you made it!!!! Is now joint first place with foos at Astoria for me!
Was a truly epic night tonight. Got some serious ringing going on in my ears but if this is the last thing I've ever heard, well there are worse things!
  #3292  
Old September 12th 2014, 12:25 AM
Phyllis's Avatar
Phyllis Phyllis is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 103
Default Re: UK bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipslim View Post
There was some serious stink going on at the end tonight
Hahahahahaha
Sign of a good night
Still it smelt better than a morning tube journey
  #3293  
Old September 12th 2014, 12:29 AM
Jollux's Avatar
Jollux Jollux is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: HERTS, UK
Posts: 66
Default Re: UK bound

I'm very drunk (work party) and getting a bit emotional over the prospect of seeing them tomorrow night. First time in a few years and such a small gig, amazing. Gonna rock my bollox off
__________________
17.12.05 - Earl's Court
17.06.06 - Hyde Park
06.06.08 - Wembley Stadium
03.07.11 - MK Bowl
12.09.14 - Islington Assembly Hall
  #3294  
Old September 12th 2014, 12:30 AM
littledarkpoet littledarkpoet is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 265
Default Re: UK bound

I think Dave was on form tonight.. His banter with the crowd "we don't know when we'll be back, but it probably won't be in a place as small as this..............it'll be smaller" cue huge cheer and somebody saying something back "oh right you want us to come play at your house.. All your houses.."
__________________
12/05 - London 01/06 - Paris 06/06 - London 06/06 - London
08/07 - Stafford 11/07 - Manchester 11/07 - Birmingham
11/07 - Nottingham 06/08 - London 02/11 - London 08/12 - Reading
09/14 - HOV - London (OMFG) 09/14 - London 05/15 - Sunderland
06/15 - Edinburgh 06/15 - Glastonbury 09/15 - Milton Keynes
09/15 - Edinburgh 11/15 - Amsterdam 11/15 - Cologne
06/17 - Glastonbury 07/17 - Paris 09/17 - London
06/18 - Antwerp 06/18 - London 06/18 - London
08/19 - Leeds 08/19 - Reading
  #3295  
Old September 12th 2014, 12:32 AM
Phyllis's Avatar
Phyllis Phyllis is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 103
Default Re: UK bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledarkpoet View Post
I think Dave was on form tonight.. His banter with the crowd "we don't know when we'll be back, but it probably won't be in a place as small as this..............it'll be smaller" cue huge cheer and somebody saying something back "oh right you want us to come play at your house.. All your houses.."
When he said that it made me think if the garage tour..... He's more than welcome to come play in my garden, ANYTIME
  #3296  
Old September 12th 2014, 12:46 AM
ApolloBay's Avatar
ApolloBay ApolloBay is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 84
Default Re: UK bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllis View Post
So glad you made it!!!! Is now joint first place with foos at Astoria for me!
Was a truly epic night tonight. Got some serious ringing going on in my ears but if this is the last thing I've ever heard, well there are worse things!
Checked in for a little dose of secondhand-gig-joy, and there it is Thank you!
  #3297  
Old September 12th 2014, 12:50 AM
Jollux's Avatar
Jollux Jollux is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: HERTS, UK
Posts: 66
Default Re: UK bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloBay View Post
Checked in for a little dose of secondhand-gig-joy, and there it is Thank you!
You'll be getting a whole heap from me tomorrow night!
__________________
17.12.05 - Earl's Court
17.06.06 - Hyde Park
06.06.08 - Wembley Stadium
03.07.11 - MK Bowl
12.09.14 - Islington Assembly Hall
  #3298  
Old September 12th 2014, 12:56 AM
Phyllis's Avatar
Phyllis Phyllis is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 103
Default Re: UK bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloBay View Post
Checked in for a little dose of secondhand-gig-joy, and there it is Thank you!
Torn between wanting to share but also not wanting to rub in people's faces that wasn't there. Wish they'd played a little longer but in very content with what I got
  #3299  
Old September 12th 2014, 01:08 AM
ApolloBay's Avatar
ApolloBay ApolloBay is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 84
Default Re: UK bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllis View Post
Torn between wanting to share but also not wanting to rub in people's faces that wasn't there. Wish they'd played a little longer but in very content with what I got
For what it's worth, my face won't feel like it's been rubbed in anything unpleasant by reading accounts of an awesome gig. I wish I'd been there of course, but the next best thing to being there is hearing about it from people who were. It makes me happy.
  #3300  
Old September 12th 2014, 01:28 AM
Jollux's Avatar
Jollux Jollux is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: HERTS, UK
Posts: 66
Default Re: UK bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloBay View Post
For what it's worth, my face won't feel like it's been rubbed in anything unpleasant by reading accounts of an awesome gig. I wish I'd been there of course, but the next best thing to being there is hearing about it from people who were. It makes me happy.
Totally agree!
__________________
17.12.05 - Earl's Court
17.06.06 - Hyde Park
06.06.08 - Wembley Stadium
03.07.11 - MK Bowl
12.09.14 - Islington Assembly Hall
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.