Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 23rd 2019, 01:48 AM
Ready on your mark

Default FF25 - Australia/New Zealand

A pre-emptive thread in anticipation of the band announcing dates for us, and because Taylor's indicated that this will be happening sooner rather than later:

"We already got a couple of tracks in the bag and we're moving fast and furious. That's gonna be the 25th year of the Foo Fighters. No one loves a party more than Dave Grohl, so guess what? There will be a party in New Zealand, for you, for us, for sure." (https://www.hauraki.co.nz/shows/week...love-of-kiwis/)

Do you think they'll only do the stadium run again or bless us with a club pop-up?
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018

FooFightersLive.com
Old November 23rd 2019, 02:06 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: FF25 - Australia/New Zealand

Would be great to have a small pop-up show, pref Melbourne this time! I was a new fan last tour (actually converted on the night) so missed out on going to any other shows, Syd pop-up, Foo pub etc.

Happy with anything here so I dont have to go to a Euro festival! Also hoping for a US west coast show in our winter for some sun!

Reckon well get stadium shows as well, theyll sell.
Old November 23rd 2019, 02:06 AM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Depending on timing I am considering coming down to Australia/NZ
Old November 23rd 2019, 02:25 AM
Ready on your mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Depending on timing I am considering coming down to Australia/NZ
Yay! We could meet at long last! A heads-up, though, our rails can get pretty hectic, esp in Melbourne and Brisbane. We love a big party!

FooFightersLive.com
Old November 23rd 2019, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matineeidyll View Post
Yay! We could meet at long last! A heads-up, though, our rails can get pretty hectic, esp in Melbourne and Brisbane. We love a big party!
Weve met! Rock Allegiance 2016

Ive done a few rough rails in my time - but I am a bit out of practice
Old November 23rd 2019, 06:49 AM
Grave Rohl

Quote:
Yay! We could meet at long last! A heads-up, though, our rails can get pretty hectic, esp in Shitney. We love a big party!
FIFY.

Anything after April, please. Can't be taking time off during my first rotation.

(Also I know have enough space to sleep 2 or 3 guests)
Old November 23rd 2019, 06:52 AM
Ready on your mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Weve met! Rock Allegiance 2016

Ive done a few rough rails in my time - but I am a bit out of practice
WOW, I am seriously out to lunch today, how did that slip my mind? Although it was brief and I was 89% phlegm, not the greatest impression to make! Hopefully it all works out and we'll get some proper, healthier pre-gig time in.

The last few pop-ups for FF and Chevy have been in Sydney or the Gold Coast so it'd be interesting if they decide to branch out this time around. There's a group gunning for them to come to Newcastle (Newcastle Wants Foo Fighters on FB). We're a regional city but with a long history as a rock town and although it's unlikely, we're talking about a band that has popped up in some unlikely places because fans told them they wanted it.

FooFightersLive.com
Old November 23rd 2019, 11:14 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

This would be a dream!! I'd love to do Aus/NZ esp if Foos were there
Birmingham NEC / Isle of Wight Festival / MK Bowl / Leeds Festival / House of Vans / Olympic Park / Manchester LCCC / MK Bowl / Krakow / Cheese and Grain / Glastonbury Festival / Paris / NOS Alive / O2 Arena / Antwerp / Manchester Etihad / Olympic Stadium / Olympic Stadium
/ Pula Arena / Pula Arena / Dublin Arena / Leeds Festival / Reading Festival

Old November 23rd 2019, 04:46 PM
Have you found your way around

All of the money!

WS 6/6/08, MKB 2/7/11, RF 26/8/12, HoV 11/9/14, IAH 12/9/14, IG 14/9/14, WS 20/6/15 o2A 19/9/17, LS 22+23/6/18, Pula 18+19/6/19, RDS.D. 21/8/19, RF 25/8/19. Future: No One Knows
Old November 23rd 2019, 04:53 PM

If I can make the timing work with vacation time Ill do it.

This is why we need the dates announced RIGHT FUCKING NOW so we can plan our trips.
Old December 21st 2019, 09:35 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
A pre-emptive thread in anticipation of the band announcing dates for us, and because Taylor's indicated that this will be happening sooner rather than later:

"We already got a couple of tracks in the bag and we're moving fast and furious. That's gonna be the 25th year of the Foo Fighters. No one loves a party more than Dave Grohl, so guess what? There will be a party in New Zealand, for you, for us, for sure." (https://www.hauraki.co.nz/shows/week...love-of-kiwis/)

Do you think they'll only do the stadium run again or bless us with a club pop-up?
Been meaning to reply to this...

"Women's yoga attire and one of his wife's blouses..." yeah he seems to be gettin ready

I'm sure they love playing NZ, she asked him if he knew about the 2011 seismic triggering and I know they do (or deff did) have a print out of it on the wall in 606, and it's been mentioned a few times in other interviews etc.

But they love playing lots of places - Australia for sure just as much, and the UK too - we all drove a large part of their success in the early years outside the US, and it's not lost on them, let alone how furious the ANZ gigs get. You mention the rails lol - yeah so many people have no idea

And it was of course a country specific interview, and though it was super laid back and obv very pressed for time there in that call, he's gonna say nice things. But the there "will be a party" (aimed at NZ) sounded to me like it's coming from a place where they are factoring in a party component most (or all) destinations. It felt rather definite, like he was very confident about that, and I doubt that was just because he knew they had something particular in mind for NZ.

So maybe that's club gigs, or maybe that's something particular about the way they are planning the actual gigs. We can be 100% sure they will play stadiums, they need capacity.

I believe they will want to hit as many key places IN the 25th year (2020) as possible, so unless they go mad and announce at no notice, they won't be this summer (to March 2020) for ANZ - so probably Nov, Dec 2020 now my guess.

I'm planning on doing NZ and as many AUS gigs as I can get to.

Other thoughts:

All we know now (22 Dec 2019) is they are in the US at the end of April and end of May, and in Europe for a chunk of the middle of June at least to the 21st. They can't be everywhere (physically) on July 4th, and that is a Saturday, so that HAS to be a gig somewhere, so almost certainly it will be in the US.

If I had to put money on it, I would say Dave will want to play Seattle on July 4th.
1) https://www.robertlangstudios.com/ where the first album was recorded
2) West Marine Store where the first ever gig was Feb 19th 1995
Seattle
3) Laundry Room where so much was done with Barrett

The 25 year anniversary of Oct 1994 has come and gone, but I'd want to be able to get to Seattle on Weds Feb 19th 2020, and 4th July 2020.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he decided on July 4th to just play live worldwide on the net from Seattle at Bob Lang's, or even Laundry Room.

I had thought the album might be recorded totally live, but Taylor has now pretty much killed that here by saying at least two tracks were in are in the bag late Nov. He was home in LA on the phone, so where are they recording? I could be wrong but I'd bet that's in Seattle too

I was there