Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 7th 2013, 07:22 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Default Re: Chelsea Lately becomes Dave Lately....

Aww man, I had no idea he was hosting until now. Ahh well, I can still catch tonight's and tomorrow's. Is he hosting through Saturday? Does Lately even air on Sat?
Old February 7th 2013, 08:20 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Sure they can, and I understand he is in the public eye and his actions will be questioned.

My issue is that he can't control everything he does when he puts himself in positions where he is not running the "show". As a person, I believe Dave is a stand up guy.

You can question anything you want. I will disagree and likely defend Dave anytime I want.
That's fair. Whilst I understand what you mean I still think it was a bit careless, and in a questionable setting, but I believe Dave is a stand up guy too. I just thought it was at least a note-worthy opinion.
Old February 7th 2013, 08:48 PM
Colors inside the lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefooeyes View Post
Aww man, I had no idea he was hosting until now. Ahh well, I can still catch tonight's and tomorrow's. Is he hosting through Saturday? Does Lately even air on Sat?
Chelsea Lately airs Monday through Thursday, but you can also catch Dave on the Colbert Report and Letterman this week. Letterman will have a performance by the Sound City Players.

*wears a helmet at all times*
Old February 7th 2013, 08:52 PM
Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
I was disappointed with Dave making fun of Britney live like some inconsiderate Hollywood idiot. I mean Dave has always seemingly always differentiated himself from any of that gossipy, slating bullshit, and she's an ill women? To anyone taking antipsychotic medication, more power to them, they are treating their illness. I was under the impression he was better than this.
Actually, Dave is the king of snark. This absolutely wasn't the first time he joked about a celebrity. He's always talking some kind of shit.

He's a rock star. He's not Jesus. Lighten up.
my friend told me i should hve 120 babies tonight and i was like no &*ckiing way man that would ruin ky vagina and it would turn into like a wizard sleeve and flap at every slifght breeze of and babies are way gross
Old February 7th 2013, 10:17 PM

On a lighter note did you see Sarah wearing the red foo fighter shirt?

And how she was all giddy talking to dave. It kinda made me think if anyone of us was there on the panel with him lol
Old February 8th 2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Comedy is what Dave was doing. He is filling in on a horrible show where he does not write the monologue and they are trying to appeal to the regular viewers.

Come on....
This/Ditto.

*says in a whisper* Jill, I think it's a horrible show too( watched it simply for The Dave factor)

p.s. I also wondered if Chelsea just needed a "break" (aka a four day long vodka induced binge lol)
Old February 8th 2013, 07:25 PM
I'll Stick Around

Dave doing the show is a far cry from when he wrote Stacked Actors... if you can't beat them, join them.
Old February 8th 2013, 07:26 PM
WWLD?

Yesterdays taping was a blast. Jack Black was as high as a kite. So much fun!! Lara & I got a millisecond of fame. Maybe I need to get my SAG card now? Between the millisecond of time during the Arsenio Hall Show (years ago and yup, I was in the dog pound), Storytellers, That Metal Show, The Price is Right, and Chelsea Lately, I may need to invest in some head shots and hire an agent. Yup, that's right. I'm so Hollywood.
Old February 8th 2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai View Post
Yesterdays taping was a blast. Jack Black was as high as a kite. So much fun!! Lara & I got a millisecond of fame. Maybe I need to get my SAG card now? Between the millisecond of time during the Arsenio Hall Show (years ago and yup, I was in the dog pound), Storytellers, That Metal Show, The Price is Right, and Chelsea Lately, I may need to invest in some head shots and hire an agent. Yup, that's right. I'm so Hollywood.
just remember us lil people k?!

And you ARE so Hollywood! don't let anyone tell you differently! lol

I was asleep(?) by the time it came on the past few night so ill get to see it via the interwebs this weekend-I shall look for you and Lara! Yay!

btw, you're kinda NYC too-you got the mention at Global Fest for your photography! So, yup, you're the shit. No doubt about that ( we all kinda knew that anyway though
Old February 8th 2013, 09:05 PM
Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ06 View Post
Dave doing the show is a far cry from when he wrote Stacked Actors... if you can't beat them, join them.
Almost 15 years ago. It's called progress. I like it.
my friend told me i should hve 120 babies tonight and i was like no &*ckiing way man that would ruin ky vagina and it would turn into like a wizard sleeve and flap at every slifght breeze of and babies are way gross
Old February 8th 2013, 09:06 PM
Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai View Post
He was so high. I commented to Adam about it. He couldn't open his eyes! Ha!

So fun! L.A. is the best place ever.
Old February 8th 2013, 09:16 PM
The Boss

Jables is annoying and more so when he was high.

I love Dave.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old February 8th 2013, 10:09 PM
Yawn.

Quote:
Jables is annoying and more so when he was high.

I love Dave.
Can we just talk about that whole Seventeen magazine bit earlier in the week?

I thought I was going to pee mah pants.
Old February 9th 2013, 07:47 PM
I'll Stick Around

I think Dave was cool. He did a good job. And his snark is usually directed at people more than deserving of it, IMHO. Lady Gaga is the gift that keeps on giving!
Old February 9th 2013, 10:42 PM

I don't care what anybody says Dave did an awesome good show. And maybe more to come
Old February 9th 2013, 11:44 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I dvr the shows and loved the humor of Dave!! He is really comfortable in front of the camera
Old February 17th 2013, 02:34 AM

That CL show is unbelievably bad. How many shows are there on TV now where people just talk about gossip and internet stories?

But I think it's really sweet how hard Dave is working to promote his movie. I'll admit to being a bit surprised that the movie worked out. I'm glad he's proud of it.
Old February 17th 2013, 04:50 AM
Never knowing who to believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
That CL show is unbelievably bad. How many shows are there on TV now where people just talk about gossip and internet stories?

But I think it's really sweet how hard Dave is working to promote his movie. I'll admit to being a bit surprised that the movie worked out. I'm glad he's proud of it.
Chelsea Lately is basically unwatchable . . . I find her rude and obnoxious. That being said, Dave was a GREAT guest host (admittedly I'm biased, but I really do think he was funny.)

Old March 6th 2013, 07:20 PM
I'll Stick Around

Celebs can be so narcissistic, self absorbed, and wacky you have to laugh! Dave just said what we were all thinking! trust me..
It would be unhealthy not to laugh at how crazy people that rich and famous can be. That's what I love about Dave. He's in that hollywood bubble a bit yet is able to be normal and see it for what it is. Some celebs are almost in MJ territory in terms of how much they get, what they do with it, and how no one says no to them. They have no clue how weird they act and how abnormal their wacky life is. Dave has his family and bandmates to keep him in check and say no, but he's level headed enough not to get crazy and waste his money and get hooked on drugs. H'e grounded by those who care about him, and it's sad that there are celebs who have no one to turn to. But sometimes you have to just let it all out and laugh!