Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old June 24th 2015, 08:44 PM
Da doo doo doo, da dah dah dah

Default Re: Cancelled Gigs - what's next? What does the future hold? [Threads Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy___ View Post
Does anyone think a Foo side project might appear at Glastonbury this weekend to make up for it?
I've seen a total speculation of a Foo acoustic set...but that's a rumor that I saw on the internet, so that really doesn't mean anything.
Old June 24th 2015, 09:29 PM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: Cancelled Gigs - what's next? What does the future hold? [Threads Merged]

Hmmm just been emailed to say I'm getting a refund, shame really hoped it would be a hang onto your tickets thing... But then I guess it's no easy thing to reorganise Wembley

Forget it man and get with the count down, shake this square world and blast off for kicksville !!!!!

My Radio Show Fan page, please join!
Old June 24th 2015, 09:41 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Generally speaking cover bands aren't for me personally but most of them do no harm, they play little pubs and clubs and just have a bit of fun with it. As I say not for me, but most of them do no harm. Those guys though, well, I think I've made my feelings on them quite clear.
Yes, you've mentioned many many times that you have all their records
Old June 25th 2015, 03:35 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Question Re: Cancelled Gigs - what's next? What does the future hold? [Threads Merged]

Hi Guys,

Has anyone had emails regarding the refunds being processed yet? G&T said I should have an email yesterday to confirm it had been processed.

Sorry if this is the wrong area

Em
Old June 25th 2015, 03:43 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deletionista View Post
Hi Guys,

Has anyone had emails regarding the refunds being processed yet? G&T said I should have an email yesterday to confirm it had been processed.

Sorry if this is the wrong area

Em
The statement released last week was a little misleading, it gave the impression that everyone would get their refund yesterday. I saw on Twitter from Gigs & tours (and it will be the same for other ticket sellers) that refunds were beginning to be processed yesterday & could take up to 10 working days to show in bank accounts. After that if you don't have your refund, contact the ticket vendor you bought the tix from.
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old June 25th 2015, 05:17 PM
Fresh Pot

Did it really say 10 days on twitter? They're plenty quick when it comes to taking our money though, eh?
Old June 25th 2015, 05:25 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by **foo fairy pheebs** View Post
Did it really say 10 days on twitter? They're plenty quick when it comes to taking our money though, eh?
Yup.Generally 3-5 working days, give it 10. I'm putting my refunds aside for hopefully rescheduled shows... or the foo fund starts again for next album cycle.
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old June 25th 2015, 06:21 PM
Have you found your way around

they're trying to keep it until the end of the month to get that last little bit of interest from the bank

then will give refunds
Old June 25th 2015, 06:36 PM
Team Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by amastel View Post
I've seen a total speculation of a Foo acoustic set...but that's a rumor that I saw on the internet, so that really doesn't mean anything.
I hope not.
Old June 25th 2015, 10:31 PM
I'll Stick Around

[quote= I'm putting my refunds aside for hopefully rescheduled shows....[/QUOTE]

me too - our tickets were mine and my daughter's birthday presents so it's ringfenced ...
Old June 25th 2015, 10:40 PM
Visiting is pretty...

The ticket buying fans, many of whom might be traveling for RFK and other upcoming shows, will be the LAST to know.

With Dave hobbling around London with a cast on his leg, does anybody really think they're unsure about what the next few weeks holds?

They either are hoping that he's going to be well enough.....although that seems unlikely given his current condition.....or more likely they already know that several more weeks are going to be cancelled, but are waiting until the last possible moment to make that formal announcement and offer refunds on tickets.

I guess we may have to wait until a few days before D.C. to get the sad press release about how it's the fault of the Doctors who won't allow Dave to perform. I'm sure the "Doctors" already told them how long it will be until he can go out on stage again.

But don't worry about the fans. It's not like they made travel plans or invested money and could perhaps change or cancel those if they know the shows are being postponed or cancelled.

It's completely understandable that he cannot perform and needs to rest and heal. What is offensive is the lack of timely notice to the fans who supposedly matter so much.
Old June 25th 2015, 11:10 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by FookinFighters View Post
The ticket buying fans, many of whom might be traveling for RFK and other upcoming shows, will be the LAST to know.

With Dave hobbling around London with a cast on his leg, does anybody really think they're unsure about what the next few weeks holds?

They either are hoping that he's going to be well enough.....although that seems unlikely given his current condition.....or more likely they already know that several more weeks are going to be cancelled, but are waiting until the last possible moment to make that formal announcement and offer refunds on tickets.

I guess we may have to wait until a few days before D.C. to get the sad press release about how it's the fault of the Doctors who won't allow Dave to perform. I'm sure the "Doctors" already told them how long it will be until he can go out on stage again.

But don't worry about the fans. It's not like they made travel plans or invested money and could perhaps change or cancel those if they know the shows are being postponed or cancelled.

It's completely understandable that he cannot perform and needs to rest and heal. What is offensive is the lack of timely notice to the fans who supposedly matter so much.
I feel your pain. Me and several friends are traveling for RFK next Thursday. Let's hope for the best!
Old June 25th 2015, 11:28 PM
Visiting is pretty...

No idea if this has been posted here, Radio1045 tweeted the following........

Sir Dave Grohl has risen! A broken leg will not keep him and the Foo Fighters from The Susquehanna Bank Center on July 6th and 13th! Starting Monday, just be listening to Radio 104.5 at 8:40a, 1:40p, & 5:40p and your friendly Radio 104.5 DJ will tell you what password to text in to 91045. You'll have 10 minutes and 45 seconds to text in and one winner will be randomly drawn to win PIT tickets to the July 13th show!

Increase your chances: Register to win tickets (reserved seats) to the show below

Need Alerts? Follow us on Twitter @Radio1045 for alerts on when your next chance to win is coming up! Standard text messaging rates, as established by an individual's wireless carrier, will apply. The station assumes no responsibility for any fees or charges incurred for and associated with any text message sent to or from the Station.
Contest ends Friday, June 26th, 7pm

Make of that what you will!
Old June 25th 2015, 11:49 PM
Good Grief

Very interesting
Old June 26th 2015, 02:12 AM
Visiting is pretty...

The show is cancelled.I was on Joan Jett's guest list and I got an email yesterday saying that the show is cancelled because of "David Grohl's" broken leg.So unless they just don't want me there...
Old June 26th 2015, 02:45 AM
Good Grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuckmouth View Post
The show is cancelled.I was on Joan Jett's guest list and I got an email yesterday saying that the show is cancelled because of "David Grohl's" broken leg.So unless they just don't want me there...
Damn.... That's not what I wanted to hear. I believe you're the 1st person to claim it's cancelled. I'm sure more will chime in

Last edited by Foo_R_U : June 26th 2015 at 02:56 AM.
Old June 26th 2015, 03:09 AM
Good Grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuckmouth View Post
Sadly I don't.I erased the email before I decided to sign up and post here.I'm not telling anyone to alter their plans or not.I'm just telling you what's going to happen sometime over the next few days.I,myself wouldn't listen to some anonymous poster on the innerwebz. Especially when he doesn't produce one shred of evidence. I know what it looks like, but unfortunately , it's the truth.Wait and see. PS. I have family in DC so I'm still going.
It's interesting that you just now joined and your first couple of posts were to inform us that it's cancelled. Then saw your 3rd post in another thread where you claimed you deleted the alleged email you could be telling the truth but it just seems far-fetched

Last edited by Foo_R_U : June 26th 2015 at 04:47 AM.
Old June 26th 2015, 11:04 AM
My ears ring....always

Quote:

+100
Old June 26th 2015, 12:11 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
or more likely they already know that several more weeks are going to be cancelled, but are waiting until the last possible moment to make that formal announcement and offer refunds on tickets.
..and why exactly do you think they would do that? To keep your cash for an extra two weeks? No.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old June 26th 2015, 01:17 PM
My ears ring....always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
..and why exactly do you think they would do that? To keep your cash for an extra two weeks? No.
That would make sense /except/ money is just about free....

Even a high return overnight account range from 0.06% to 0.18%

So throwing 100,000 dollars into the account earns 60 dollars
Closed Thread