Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 25th 2015, 11:14 PM
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North

Default Re: Foo Fighters cancel the rest of their tour [Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezbot View Post
Do I want to know what squirty cream is?

Cool Whip = non-dairy whipped topping.
I'm guessing that squirty cream is the stuff in the can.
Old November 25th 2015, 11:19 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Very quiet in here today.....anyone done anything exciting lately?
Old November 26th 2015, 02:35 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I hate to go off topic, since this obviously is now a thread about food rather than the tour cancellation.

As a music fan, I do feel sympathy for those in Europe who had purchased tickets to see the band, either earlier this year or more recently, but due to Dave's injury or the Paris attacks, ended up not being able to.

The bottom line is that this is still a business to them. More than that, bands these days have a formula. Sometimes as fans we forget that. Today's acts follow the same pattern.....record an album.....release it....promote the album through touring for 6-12 months.....take a 6-12 month break....then repeat. It is usually a 3-4 year cycle, depending upon how long a break is involved.

The Foo's started this process in 2014, and had planned on taking a break in 2016. All the members will go their separate ways, and hopefully reconvene in late 2016 or early 2017 to work on new material. The soonest they will be back on the road is probably Summer 2017.

This why they were never going back to Glastonbury next year. Not to mention that the festival probably didn't invite them as headliners to begin with, 2016 is an off year, and they're not going to change that. They also are not going to head back overseas to make up the shows that were cancelled recently. It is not cost effective, and as I said before, this is a business, and it has less to do with the tragic Paris events as it does to do with money and the fact they planned on taking 2016 off. Clearly they could reschedule for Spring 2016 if they wanted, but that's not going to happen.

Those who say show some sympathy for the band, and the sensitivity of the situation are being far too kind. If they wanted to return in a few months when the tragedy is not as fresh in everyone's minds, they would. The way the "Eagles" band are talking, I assure you that they will be back to Paris for shows WELL before the Foo's do. And if any band should be in mourning, it is them.

Personally I am disappointed that since he's now almost heeled, Dave does not want to go back out and do a full on show running around the stage. In fact, at the start of his rehab, he mentioned how great that first show would be when he did not have to sit on the throne, and could perform with the insane stage presence he normally has. He probably should not have said that, since he knew that was not likely this year, and that the band was going on hiatus next.

This was a pretty extensive tour, longest the band has ever done. That said, it had numerous problems, and with all the added costs and cancelled shows, was definitely not as profitable as they had hoped. Not to mention that their insurance costs for the next tour are probably going up considerably. Insurance works that way whenever you have claims like they had.

Hopefully this is not the last we've seen of them. That's a depressing thing to say, but whenever a band says they're going on hiatus for an undetermined length of time, it has to at least be a concern. The Foo's seem tight, and there does not appear to be any cracks, but as fans we don't really know for sure. The optimist will look at this hiatus as a planned break, with an already planned return to record a new album at an already determined date. Hopefully that means we'll be hearing rumblings in the next 15 months, and they'll be back on the road in 2017. Unfortunately for those who were hoping for any of this year's cancelled shows to be made up, that won't be soon enough, and as a fan, I can certainly understand their frustration. But I can also understand that frustration is not going to get the Foo's to change their plan to go on break next year.
Old November 26th 2015, 03:00 AM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

That is a highly simplistic view of a very complicated situation.

Yes it is a business but do you really think Dave gives a fuck about the money given the circumstances?

And he released an EP for free - kind of defeats your argument I would say.

And to say the band don't want to return to Paris - have you spoken to Dave? No? Then don't make assumptions about what he does and doesn't want to do.

I'm sick of people moaning about the cancelled shows not being rescheduled - disappointing yes but shut up and get over it. And you know what? I don't hear the fans who live in Paris whining and bitching, just other selfish people who don't give a flying fuck about anyone but themselves.

I don't expect the band to share their schedule for the next 4 years, they will let us know when they are ready to come back and I'm happy for them to take all the time they want before they go back in the studio.

Last edited by Poppy4580 : November 26th 2015 at 03:15 AM.
Old November 26th 2015, 03:31 AM

I wonder what Coldplay would do?
Old November 26th 2015, 06:56 AM
I'll Stick Around

I am reading the thread from newest post to older...and find myself reading posts about whipped cream, pumking pie custer and look immadiately at the title: wtf?
love being here!
Old November 26th 2015, 06:59 AM
Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burcu View Post
I am reading the thread from newest post to older...and find myself reading posts about whipped cream, pumking pie custer and look immadiately at the title: wtf?
love being here!
Foo Free is even better
Old November 26th 2015, 07:13 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by wol View Post
Foo Free is even better

now I am at the crazy stupid dudes posts from yesterday..what a moron (sorry for that but can't find an other word to discribe) ohhh! unbelievable.. I stop reading the thread there..
Old November 26th 2015, 07:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FookinFighters View Post
I hate to go off topic, since this obviously is now a thread about food rather than the tour cancellation.

As a music fan, I do feel sympathy for those in Europe who had purchased tickets to see the band, either earlier this year or more recently, but due to Dave's injury or the Paris attacks, ended up not being able to.

The bottom line is that this is still a business to them. More than that, bands these days have a formula. Sometimes as fans we forget that. Today's acts follow the same pattern.....record an album.....release it....promote the album through touring for 6-12 months.....take a 6-12 month break....then repeat. It is usually a 3-4 year cycle, depending upon how long a break is involved.

The Foo's started this process in 2014, and had planned on taking a break in 2016. All the members will go their separate ways, and hopefully reconvene in late 2016 or early 2017 to work on new material. The soonest they will be back on the road is probably Summer 2017.

This why they were never going back to Glastonbury next year. Not to mention that the festival probably didn't invite them as headliners to begin with, 2016 is an off year, and they're not going to change that. They also are not going to head back overseas to make up the shows that were cancelled recently. It is not cost effective, and as I said before, this is a business, and it has less to do with the tragic Paris events as it does to do with money and the fact they planned on taking 2016 off. Clearly they could reschedule for Spring 2016 if they wanted, but that's not going to happen.

Those who say show some sympathy for the band, and the sensitivity of the situation are being far too kind. If they wanted to return in a few months when the tragedy is not as fresh in everyone's minds, they would. The way the "Eagles" band are talking, I assure you that they will be back to Paris for shows WELL before the Foo's do. And if any band should be in mourning, it is them.

Personally I am disappointed that since he's now almost heeled, Dave does not want to go back out and do a full on show running around the stage. In fact, at the start of his rehab, he mentioned how great that first show would be when he did not have to sit on the throne, and could perform with the insane stage presence he normally has. He probably should not have said that, since he knew that was not likely this year, and that the band was going on hiatus next.

This was a pretty extensive tour, longest the band has ever done. That said, it had numerous problems, and with all the added costs and cancelled shows, was definitely not as profitable as they had hoped. Not to mention that their insurance costs for the next tour are probably going up considerably. Insurance works that way whenever you have claims like they had.

Hopefully this is not the last we've seen of them. That's a depressing thing to say, but whenever a band says they're going on hiatus for an undetermined length of time, it has to at least be a concern. The Foo's seem tight, and there does not appear to be any cracks, but as fans we don't really know for sure. The optimist will look at this hiatus as a planned break, with an already planned return to record a new album at an already determined date. Hopefully that means we'll be hearing rumblings in the next 15 months, and they'll be back on the road in 2017. Unfortunately for those who were hoping for any of this year's cancelled shows to be made up, that won't be soon enough, and as a fan, I can certainly understand their frustration. But I can also understand that frustration is not going to get the Foo's to change their plan to go on break next year.
It's good.Very Interesting...I think that is a judicious and mature opinion...I'm agree. The music world... Good!

Last edited by Channing : November 26th 2015 at 08:31 AM.
Old November 26th 2015, 08:57 AM
Raider of Lost Arks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
*waits for the thread to go downhill after mention of squirty cream*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaInVA View Post
I'm guessing that squirty cream is the stuff in the can.
Yes, the stuff in the can, but I'm disappointed the thread didn't go in the direction I was expecting

Quote:
I hate to go off topic, since this obviously is now a thread about food rather than the tour cancellation... ...But I can also understand that frustration is not going to get the Foo's to change their plan to go on break next year.
I can definitely understand the frustration, but it's just not the only thing to take into consideration. I was frustrated when my gig got cancelled when Dave broke his leg, I lost out money-wise and I couldn't make the rearranged gig, but such is life. It was more important to me that Dave got better.

This situation is technically different, but I think it's extreme enough that you can't compare what one band does to another as this kind of grief effects everyone in different ways. What if they just really don't want to play a gig right now? It is their right if they want to go that way. Maybe they haven't been able to arrange a new date that fits in with the whole band's schedules? They've all got side projects that take a lot of time and effort, and as the band would have been on a break after these dates anyway they probably haven't got many days where they're all free. Yes, U2 rescheduled, but they probably had time to do so. Coldplay didn't even announce their dates until after Paris had happened, so it's not a reschedule.

EODM have to do whatever it takes for them to heal because they were right in the middle of it. It's their decision, and right to do so. But they're not the Foo Fighters and they certainly can't assume that everyone deals with grief the same. Dave's leg probably would stand a concert, but I don't think he'd want to go out there if his (and the band's) hearts just aren't in it.

What I am pretty sure of, is that the band will make it up to people. It's what they do. It's just a matter or waiting.

Old November 26th 2015, 09:44 AM

Let the band take a break. They had a 3 year Long break from ESPG to WL. And everybody knows that WL is a fucking killer Album.

11/11/15 Wien
Old November 26th 2015, 02:55 PM
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burcu View Post
love being here!
Plz come to Foo Free. We have cookies.

And pumpkin pie.
Old November 27th 2015, 04:05 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Eagles of Death Metal want to reopen Bataclan (This is how you do NO FEAR)

California rockers Eagles of Death Metal want to be the first band to play the Bataclan theater when the Paris venue reopens after the November attacks targeted their gig.

"I don't want to spend my life trying to appease assholes I want to spend my life smiling with my friends and entertaining them," Jesse Hughes, the band's vocalist, told Vice in an interview.

"I cannot wait to come back to Paris. I cannot wait to play. I want to come back. I want to be the first band to play in the Bataclan when it opens back up," he said.

"I was there when it went silent for a minute. Our friends went there and died. I'm gonna go back there and live."

http://www.thelocal.fr/20151126/band...eopen-bataclan
Old November 27th 2015, 05:25 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaInVA View Post
Plz come to Foo Free. We have cookies.

And pumpkin pie.
thank you ..cominnggg
Old November 27th 2015, 05:26 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:

California rockers Eagles of Death Metal want to be the first band to play the Bataclan theater when the Paris venue reopens after the November attacks targeted their gig.

"I don't want to spend my life trying to appease assholes I want to spend my life smiling with my friends and entertaining them," Jesse Hughes, the band's vocalist, told Vice in an interview.

"I cannot wait to come back to Paris. I cannot wait to play. I want to come back. I want to be the first band to play in the Bataclan when it opens back up," he said.

"I was there when it went silent for a minute. Our friends went there and died. I'm gonna go back there and live."

Old November 27th 2015, 08:26 AM
Banned

Quote:

that's the good mentality and perspective!! (for not to talk again caring his fans with a new date...no without concert in this tour...)

Last edited by Channing : November 27th 2015 at 08:28 AM.
Old November 30th 2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
This is how you make some People here angry.

We had this discussion about a Million times in this thread now and I think you should just stop that.

11/11/15 Wien