Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 22nd 2018, 09:48 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Default Re: Foo Fighters to perform on James Corden Late Late Show UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
I drank more beers than expected....purely because they were fucking Foo Fighters glasses what is wrong with us?!
Don't feel well....

Great to meet new faces yesterday

And the glasses are washed and ready to post or to collect next time you are in London (and not going to a gig!)
Old June 22nd 2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
I drank more beers than expected....purely because they were fucking Foo Fighters glasses what is wrong with us?!
Quite glad it shut at 10, could have been far worse! There would have been no glasses left for anyone else

GlasVegas, Aug 19 : PULA x 2 June 19 : London x 2 June 18 : James Corden, June 18 : Download Paris, June 18 : O2, Sept 17 : Lollapalloza Berlin, Sept 17 : NOS Alive, July 17 : Glastonbury 17 : Paris, Nov, 20 15 : Berlin, Nov, 2015 : Milton Keynes x2 Sept, 15 : Glastonbury 2015 : Wembley, 20th June 15 : Invictus Closing Concert, London, Sep 14 : Milton Keynes, July 11 : Wembley, June 08 : Reading, 98 : Glastonbury June, 98 : Ozzfest, June , 98 : Shepherds Bush, 97
Old June 22nd 2018, 11:31 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerbengal View Post
I felt really sorry for the people who got there extra early round the back of the venue, only to be crushed into the barriers by the “professional auto hunters” who turned up 5 minutes before the band. (How did they know just when to turn up then?) It did kind of spoil the day. Bit disappointed in only 1 song being played. It did get very hot upstairs. No idea what they were alluding to about the “over 40 undercover Police Officers” being in the crowd for “secret guests”...I guess Sansa Stark really does need protection from House Lannister!! I think i’m not alone I need thinking that Prince Harry and Meghan we’re going to appear! Fair do’s to James Corden for stopping and posing for all pics, etc.
Now looking forward to tomorrow night in Stratford!
I think a similar thing happened at the Kerrang Awards last night. I was tempted to pop up, as I felt pretty sure that the Foos would be there. I'm pretty glad I didn't in a way. These bogus autograph hunters are really annoying, and spoil it for the rest of us
Old June 22nd 2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPNUTS View Post
I think a similar thing happened at the Kerrang Awards last night. I was tempted to pop up, as I felt pretty sure that the Foos would be there. I'm pretty glad I didn't in a way. These bogus autograph hunters are really annoying, and spoil it for the rest of us
What bugs me, is why do the band accommodate them? Its pretty obvious whos a fan and who isnt... (I think I'm still bitter ) Also, why dont security do anything? They know who's been waiting all day and then some big d@ckheads come lumbering in knowing the fans flying, and they didn't really do anything.

GlasVegas, Aug 19 : PULA x 2 June 19 : London x 2 June 18 : James Corden, June 18 : Download Paris, June 18 : O2, Sept 17 : Lollapalloza Berlin, Sept 17 : NOS Alive, July 17 : Glastonbury 17 : Paris, Nov, 20 15 : Berlin, Nov, 2015 : Milton Keynes x2 Sept, 15 : Glastonbury 2015 : Wembley, 20th June 15 : Invictus Closing Concert, London, Sep 14 : Milton Keynes, July 11 : Wembley, June 08 : Reading, 98 : Glastonbury June, 98 : Ozzfest, June , 98 : Shepherds Bush, 97
Old June 22nd 2018, 12:00 PM

Apart from tell the people in the front row to "behave" before the next band member arrived
Old June 22nd 2018, 12:15 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks12 View Post
Also, why dont security do anything? They know who's been waiting all day and then some big d@ckheads come lumbering in knowing the fans flying, and they didn't really do anything.
that and the hounds knowing exactly when to show up kind of has me wondering whether they have a deal of sorts with the security guys.
Old June 22nd 2018, 12:23 PM

I was chatting to one of the security guys and he pointed to someone and said "watch that guy, he is an autograph hunter and when he moves you'll know the band are coming"

I guess these people become known om the circuit, so not an impossibility.

This wasnt one of the shovey guys though
Old June 22nd 2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchEnemies View Post
that and the hounds knowing exactly when to show up kind of has me wondering whether they have a deal of sorts with the security guys.
One security guy said to us, you always know when someones about to turn up cos the autograph hunters come over. He said they didn't have any information on when the band were appearing, but I guess he would say that.

Old June 22nd 2018, 01:00 PM
The Board is a Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks12 View Post
What bugs me, is why do the band accommodate them? Its pretty obvious whos a fan and who isnt... (I think I'm still bitter ) Also, why dont security do anything? They know who's been waiting all day and then some big d@ckheads come lumbering in knowing the fans flying, and they didn't really do anything.
Still, that nice American lady was very sweet with you.
Paris, Jul '17
Paris, Nov '15
Milton Keynes Bowl, Sep 5 '15
Wembley,19 June '15
Wembley, 20 June '15

Invictus Games, London Sep 14 '14
Sound City Players, London, Feb 19 '13
Reading, Aug '12
Milton Keynes Bowl, Jul 2 '11
NME Awards Feb 23 '11
TCV Download Jun '10
TCV Hammersmith 17 Dec '09
Wembley, 6 Jun '08
O2, Nov 17 '07
Live Earth Jul 7 '07
BDO Sydney, Jan '03
BDO Sydney, Jan '00
Old June 22nd 2018, 01:02 PM
I'll Stick Around

Yeah who knows. It only takes one person among the dozens hovering around the band/the venue to text the hounds. Or they're just THAT good that they have developed a sixth sense.

More likely the security guys just don't really care... it's not part of their job description, I guess.

Some celebrities get really annoyed at the hounds, but that's not Dave's style, in these situations he's nice to a fault.
Old June 22nd 2018, 01:11 PM
The Sidekick

It sucks for the genuine fans but in some ways the people in bands prefer to sign for the pros in a lot of these situations. The reason being, they know a lot of their faces, especially in places like LA and London. They're the same ones each time, so they know they're cool, despite also knowing they're planning to sell them. Fans on the other hand, are an unknown quantity. Whilst 99.9% are of course normal, regular fans, you just never know when that 0.1% turns up and does something crazy/harmful. They are always wary of that "fan", hence the need for security at all times.

Not saying they go out of their way to avoid the fans, obviously they don't, but if they can get through an unknown/uncontrolled crowd only having to deal with the pros, they'll not mind.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.

Last edited by Simon : June 22nd 2018 at 01:14 PM.
Old June 22nd 2018, 01:28 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
It sucks for the genuine fans but in some ways the people in bands prefer to sign for the pros in a lot of these situations. The reason being, they know a lot of their faces, especially in places like LA and London. They're the same ones each time, so they know they're cool, despite also knowing they're planning to sell them. Fans on the other hand, are an unknown quantity. Whilst 99.9% are of course normal, regular fans, you just never know when that 0.1% turns up and does something crazy/harmful. They are always wary of that "fan", hence the need for security at all times.

Not saying they go out of their way to avoid the fans, obviously they don't, but if they can get through an unknown/uncontrolled crowd only having to deal with the pros, they'll not mind.
That's interesting, hadn't thought of that.

In Dave's case I think he also plays the long game - he keeps good relationships with the hounds and gives them what they want, so they'll leave him alone when it really matters (ie when his family is around).

But yeah, it all kinda sucks for the fans, doesn't it
Old June 25th 2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
That's interesting, hadn't thought of that.

In Dave's case I think he also plays the long game - he keeps good relationships with the hounds and gives them what they want, so they'll leave him alone when it really matters (ie when his family is around).

But yeah, it all kinda sucks for the fans, doesn't it
One of the security guards said something similar. If they have what they want then they won't bother him later on when he's with his kids. Still sucks a bit for us but his main priority quite rightly will be his family.

And yes, the American lady was quite lovely

Old June 25th 2018, 06:04 PM
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO

Stuff's up. I just "skimmed" thru them, it's almost like a deja vu, I'm pretty sure Dave had already burned the TSwift story on another Late Show?

Best of You
Taylor Swift Anecdote
Old June 25th 2018, 07:36 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
Stuff's up. I just "skimmed" thru them, it's almost like a deja vu, I'm pretty sure Dave had already burned the TSwift story on another Late Show?

Best of You
Taylor Swift Anecdote
Don't think he told the story on a talk show, but he did tell it at some accoustic show a while back. He was probably asked to come up with a McCartney story, and even he must only have a limited supply of those!
Old June 25th 2018, 09:28 PM
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO

Quote:
Don't think he told the story on a talk show, but he did tell it at some accoustic show a while back. He was probably asked to come up with a McCartney story, and even he must only have a limited supply of those!
Yeah probably. It's the bad thing about being a superfan, whenever he comes with these super funny anecdotes I'm always rolling my eyes like "really dave, this story once again???? here we go with the OZ scooter prision story "

hahaha my bad.
Old June 25th 2018, 09:42 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
Yeah probably. It's the bad thing about being a superfan, whenever he comes with these super funny anecdotes I'm always rolling my eyes like "really dave, this story once again???? here we go with the OZ scooter prision story "

hahaha my bad.
LOL don't worry I'm exactly the same...

love Uncle Dave's stories, but I could probably do most of his interviews for him at this point
Old June 26th 2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
LOL don't worry I'm exactly the same...

love Uncle Dave's stories, but I could probably do most of his interviews for him at this point
HA me too. Spent too many hours watching youtube videos of interviews
The one with Lars Ulrich is a good one. Nice and long!

Old June 26th 2018, 09:30 AM
I don't have a cofee problem.

I’d just like to add that I totally detest James Corden. Thanks.
Old June 26th 2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
I’d just like to add that I totally detest James Corden. Thanks.
I was expecting to think the same but he was very pleasant when we met him. Maybe he was having a good day!