Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 2nd 2015, 07:32 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Gentlemen Of The Road Stopover In Walla Walla, WA

Just announced. Playing with Mumford & Sons, Flaming Lips, others. August 14-15.

Tickets on sale Friday 10 AM PST.
Old March 3rd 2015, 12:09 AM
Looking for a dime and found a quarter

Default Re: Gentlemen Of The Road Stopover In Walla Walla, WA

Already making plans to come from Oklahoma for this! I went to a GOTR Stopover in 2014 and it was a total blast. Mumford/Foo on the same weekend is a dream come true.
Old August 17th 2015, 08:34 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Thumbs up Re: Gentlemen Of The Road Stopover In Walla Walla, WA

I was there for the weekend. Luckily, my family lives there so I had a place to stay. I went with my sister, who wasn't even a fan - but now she is a Foo convert! In fact, she wants to drive over to see them at the Gorge next month (I am scrambling to get tickets if anybody knows of a hook-up).

This was my first time seeing Dave on the the throne, but he took full advantage of it and rocked out hard. I didn't even notice that they played for 3 hours - it went so fast! At one point, they started riffing and playing classic Queen, Stones and Tom Petty. I don't think they wanted to leave the stage.

I don't know if you guys know this, but Walla Walla invited the Italians from the Rockin' 1000 video and 10 of them showed up, including Fabio, the organizer. I am sure you can find press about it if you want to check it out. They got to meet the band before the show, but sadly did not get to play, "Learn To Fly" with them, as I was so hoping they would.

Every Foo show I've been to has been special in its' own way, but to see the guys in Walla Walla of all places? Surreal. Amazing. Bucket-listworthy.

Here's a short article from The Oregonian if you want to read it: http://www.oregonlive.com/music/inde...d_day_one.html

I hope more people who were there post their GOTR Foo stories. I would love to read about other people's experiences.