Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Frequent Post Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 27th 2011, 10:10 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Ok so wht foo track got you hooked???

An ex girlfriend recommended This band called Foo Fighters just before we broke up so i bought In your honour and fell in love with Over and Out and On the mend, i never followed it up until a few weeks ago when i bought the Greatest hits album and while that was sat in a pile waiting to be played i was watching Q and they played The Pretender, well that blew me away so i played the whole GH album and was hooked. In the 3 weeks since i've bought the whole back catalogue and will be working my way through all the albums very shortly.
Old June 30th 2011, 08:05 PM
Visiting is pretty...

first song was learn to fly. saw it on mtv, found the video really great and laughed a lot... immediately fell in love
Old July 1st 2011, 12:16 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Thumbs up Re: Ok so wht foo track got you hooked???

Seems an appropriate place to do my first post...

Like a previous poster, it was hearing Walking After You on the X-Files Movie that got me hooked. It was only after buying the OST and then The Color and The Shape and Foo Fighters that I realised I knew and liked the other singles.

And I've been hooked to the mighty Foo ever since!
Old July 1st 2011, 06:44 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I was actually introduced to the foo fighters after watching my. "Me, Myself, and Irene" (sp) vhs tape.. after the movie was over, it has the breakout music video. So i watched that and I fell in love with their music and had to look up more songs from them! Then I became an Obsessed FF FAN!

Last edited by Shreddingirl : July 1st 2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old July 2nd 2011, 04:39 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Ok, I'm a really new fan. I knew about the Foo Fighters but never really got into them then a couple weeks ago I was searching for Chili Peppers vids on youtube and came across an MTV vid with them and the Foos. I decided to look up some Foo Fighter vids, came across The Pretender and had my mind just blown away. Immediately bought Wasting Light and am planning on getting everything else they've ever done. RHCP has just been replaced as my favorite band...sorry guys.
Old July 2nd 2011, 09:07 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

think mine was big me loved the video and remember searching the shops for mentos!!! but couldnt really find them in uk back then lol!!
Old July 3rd 2011, 03:43 AM
Have you found your way around

Let it Die was the song that hooked me. The summer that ESP&G was released I was looking for some new music to listen to. So I put a bunch of random songs by random bands on my Ipod. I was sitting outside in the rain waiting for my ride to get there after my drivers ed class when Let it Die came on and I was completely hooked from then on. Let it Die led to The Pretender, which led to Long Road to Ruin, which led to every foo song ever released and I am now one of the most devoted Foo fans around.
Old July 15th 2011, 05:47 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty_31 View Post
Let it Die led to The Pretender, which led to Long Road to Ruin, which led to every foo song ever released.

Pretty much the exact same story for me! My friends dad had Let It Die blasting on his brand new speaker system one day a couple summers ago... he let me borrow the ESP&G CD and ever since then I've been hooked.
Old July 15th 2011, 05:53 AM
Visiting is pretty...

for me am gonna show my age badly here 95 this is a call , its been nice to see them evolve
Old July 16th 2011, 05:30 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Okay, thumbs up to the guy with the username "Walt Flanagan's Dog" on the 1st page, even though that post was from 2005.

I honestly can't remember which song got me hooked on the band, I've been hearing them on the radio and seeing their videos since I was a little kid. However, the first song that really grabbed my attention was probably "All My Life". The video for "The Pretender" sealed the deal, and I started liking the band a lot more at that time when ESP&G came out. However, I've really been getting into the band over the past year, and now I have all of their albums except for In Your Honor (which I really need to go out and buy!)

Last edited by SaintEddie : July 16th 2011 at 05:32 AM.
Old August 14th 2011, 04:54 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Learn to fly. Saw the vid to it years ago and thought it was so funny. But now I've had a proper introduction . . .0I'm liking just about every track they've ever recorded. And their records have opened me up to QOTSA and TCV. I just love scumbag blues.
Old August 14th 2011, 05:24 PM
Have you found your way around

Learn to Fly, but Rope confirmed my interest for the Foo Fighters.

I firstly bought Wasting Light and then I bought the other ones.
Old August 14th 2011, 07:33 PM
I'll Stick Around

I had always known about the band,but after seeing the Walk video, I listened to Wasting Light and backtracked from there.

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." - Mae West
Old August 26th 2011, 10:58 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I knew the Foo's for a while (about 10 songs or so) but never really ventured past that. But the song that really started my Fooventure would probably have to be I'll Stick Around or Big Me. I heard those and thought, "wow, are these both on the same album as that This is a Call song? They sound similar... I need to check this out."
Old September 3rd 2011, 08:26 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I didn't listen to the radio or watch MTV much (or at all for the latter) when I was younger (and still don't watch MTV much because... um... well, generic "no music" complaint here), but there had been songs that would air on the radio stations that my eldest brother would listen to. Because I was that "sibling rivalry" phase that everyone seems to go through, I never actually took the time to look into who performed any of the songs on those channels, but there were many songs I liked by Foo Fighters that I didn't even know were Foo Fighters until much, much later.

Anyway, long story short... um... I think the track that got me "hooked" to them as a band and not just an occasional song or two was "Rope." At first I was like "Eh, this isn't going to be good. I don't remember liking much by this band." Once I finished listening, I thought "Eh, it's okay," but eventually the urge to listen to it became more intense and so I started listening to it everyday, then proceeded to look up other songs from the album, but was still in denial that I actually liked them. (I would only admit to liking "Wasting Light")

Then (!!!) I listened to "I Should Have Known" and without going into too much detail (because no one really cares) I was overcome by the emotion of it and that was when there was no denying that I was officially a Foo Fighters fan.

And that's the story of the five little Foos and the Akito... now go to sleep. Mommy has to work tomorrow, and I don't give me that "You're thirsty" bullsh- I'll shut up now =x
Old October 29th 2011, 12:29 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I went.."oh heck that's Dave" when i saw the video for Big Me and though I'd heard This is a Call and liked but not really connected FF and Nirvana yet.. and then recognised Dave in the "mentos" video and went HUH...then as soon as I heard Monkey Wrench I was in and then went nuts when I heard Everylong and with the CD in my hot hands and My Hero I was well and truly done and dusted...Fooey for life!
Old October 30th 2011, 05:30 AM
Visiting is pretty...

"See You" hooked me. Even though it's not even closely related, it makes me think of "Strawberry Letter 23" [wait! link fail? boo!] recorded by The Brothers Johnson but written by Shuggie Otis. I grew up hearing the Johnsons' cover, and it plays a pivotal role in Six Feet Under. So, yeah -- I connect a lot of diverse stuff, but basically it all ties in for different people in different ways.
Old November 20th 2011, 07:07 PM
All out of bubblegum

I'll Stick Around, the video on MTV.
Old December 11th 2011, 01:22 PM
Visiting is pretty...

First post here. I looked around for the newbie thread, but figured this was as good as any. Monkey wrench got me hooked. I had heard, but never really payed attention to the Foo Fighters until my brother played Monkey Wrench for me. I am transferring to Japan this month, and I am hoping to get to the Tokyo show. It will be my first Foo show.
Old December 11th 2011, 01:54 PM
Visiting is pretty...

best of you