Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 6th 2011, 06:58 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Interesting eBay auction. A week prior to release?

http://cgi.ebay.com/FOO-FIGHTERS-WAS...item3cb6cc2f4a

Old April 6th 2011, 08:06 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: Interesting eBay auction. A week prior to release?

It is either a record store that already has it or someone that will sell their copy once they get it.
To me it looks like a record store already has it and is selling it early.

Concerts I've been to:
NSYNC (don't remember date, I was 4 yrs old)

Foo Fighters in Tulsa 5-17-11
Foo Fighters in Memphis 5-20-11
Old April 6th 2011, 09:40 PM
I'll Stick Around

Yeah, I was thinking it could be one of those pre-sale auctions. But nowhere in the listing does it say, will ship on or right before April 12. The other one listed does indicate this.

This one also states it is a 45 rpm speed pressing. I guess I did not know they did a 45 version of WL. Just an odd listing all around.
Old April 7th 2011, 01:18 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolas120 View Post
Well all you need to do is see he has a store - open the store - he sells records - LOTS of records. Hes a um gee - Record Store.

Record Stores get records before the release date becuase you cant sell something on the release date unless you already have it. So he probably has no right to actually ship it before that date either.

But the records are definitely all pressed and out - and the Deluxe packages started shipping today from the store, and they include both the LPs and the CDs.

I was there
Old April 7th 2011, 01:27 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mime View Post
I was curious as to why it was a double LP. The 45 speed explains that, but I don't quite understand. Is there a benefit to 45 over 33 1/3?
All things being equal 45rpm has 35% more bandwidth/resolution at higher frequencies, has a higher peak levels, sounds cleaner, more open and has less tracing distortion. It has been used for decades for High Fidelity LP releases.

To most people listening to matched 33 and 45 rpm pressings, the 45 is is seen as as being more dynamic, having a bigger soundstage, less distortion and sounding more natural as in "you're there".

It wasnt massed used for LPs for one simple reason - MONEY. It runs faster so less recording to a side, so smaller records, OR the need to make double albums. Something nobody was prepared to pay for in the days when LPs were "it".

Now the vinyl addicts like me couldnt care what it cost to buy, and for the limited numbers that are made, bands like the Foos like to just say fuck the cost let's do it right. God bless em.

I was there
Old April 7th 2011, 04:39 PM
I'll Stick Around

So I was trying to find out more about this LP listed in the auction. I am finding very little info about a 45 rpm edition. The one site that has anything close to this edition has this description:

"Wasting Light, Foo Fighters :- Wasting Light ... Limited edition 6LP heavy 12" 45rpm 180 gram vinyl set in outer sleeves with 'machine' varnish, case-wrapped lift off lid ... [ Music on Vinyl / 2 LP - due 11/Apr/2011 ] ..." www.marbecks.co.nz

A 6 LP 45 rpm edition? This does not jive with the 2 LP version in the auction. I don't care that much about having the 45 version. I just find this mysterious...lol.
Old April 7th 2011, 04:47 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Give A Fook View Post
What site says anything about a 33rpm version? I'm a little confused as to your confusion, all versions are 45rpm 2LPs as far as I know.
That is just it. I have not found a site selling the LP that states the speed at all. My assumption would be that the album is 33rpm, just like my Greatest Hits and ESPG records. Where did you read that all WL versions are 45?

Your comment also adds to my confusion. Why advertise an LP in an auction as the "45rpm Edition", if that is all they are releasing?
Old April 7th 2011, 09:51 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolas120 View Post
So I was trying to find out more about this LP listed in the auction. I am finding very little info about a 45 rpm edition. The one site that has anything close to this edition has this description:

"Wasting Light, Foo Fighters :- Wasting Light ... Limited edition 6LP heavy 12" 45rpm 180 gram vinyl set in outer sleeves with 'machine' varnish, case-wrapped lift off lid ... [ Music on Vinyl / 2 LP - due 11/Apr/2011 ] ..." www.marbecks.co.nz

A 6 LP 45 rpm edition? This does not jive with the 2 LP version in the auction. I don't care that much about having the 45 version. I just find this mysterious...lol.
It was a typo - that is the new Metallica Garage Inc. set:

http://www.marbecks.co.nz/detail/ind...talogID=621879

I was there
Old April 7th 2011, 09:53 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

There is DEFINITELY a US 45rpm edition. That version may or may not be the only version in the US. Its hard to tell. That version carries a download link to get the full LP in digital format as well.

It may be that it is a first pressing only, though I doubt it. It may be that the EU release is 33rpm (that has happened in the past).

I was there
Old April 8th 2011, 12:26 PM
Looking for a sign of life

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
It may be that the EU release is 33rpm (that has happened in the past).
Nope, 45rpm here as well