Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 30th 2017, 10:51 PM
wicked_gravity's Avatar
wicked_gravity wicked_gravity is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,555
Default Foo Fighter jigsaw puzzle?

after all this time, I FINALLY brought out the Sonic Highways Foo puzzle. I've spent several hours already (with minimal help from family) and it's rough!

1000 pieces, with many dark, sky, or blended buildings, and many pieces that are similar in size. I figured I'd finish by tomorrow but now I am not so sure!

... have entire outer edge completed and a couple of the main buildings, but a long way off.
__________________
-------------------------
Gonna find my way to heaven
'Cause I did my time in hell
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old December 31st 2017, 01:07 AM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 3,113
Default Re: Foo Fighter jigsaw puzzle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_gravity View Post
after all this time, I FINALLY brought out the Sonic Highways Foo puzzle. I've spent several hours already (with minimal help from family) and it's rough!

1000 pieces, with many dark, sky, or blended buildings, and many pieces that are similar in size. I figured I'd finish by tomorrow but now I am not so sure!

... have entire outer edge completed and a couple of the main buildings, but a long way off.
Took me over a week on and off to finish it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old December 31st 2017, 03:04 AM
wicked_gravity's Avatar
wicked_gravity wicked_gravity is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,555
Default Re: Foo Fighter jigsaw puzzle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Took me over a week on and off to finish it.
break time!

Good to know, I am determined! Just spent another couple hours. It still seems so far off.

Did you do anything w/ yours? The reason I've been wanting to do it is to then glue & frame it, and hang it in the rec room.
__________________
-------------------------
Gonna find my way to heaven
'Cause I did my time in hell
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 2nd 2018, 03:25 PM
wicked_gravity's Avatar
wicked_gravity wicked_gravity is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,555
Default Re: Foo Fighter jigsaw puzzle?

Still chugging along ... about 3/4 complete but now back to work so updates on progress may be slow! I had hoped to finish by yesterday but it's a hard puzzle, I didn't make it. Back to work now so won't have much time, I better have it done by the weekend!
__________________
-------------------------
Gonna find my way to heaven
'Cause I did my time in hell
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 3rd 2018, 01:05 PM
Emily's Avatar
Emily Emily is offline
Cause everyone's just too weird
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Foo Jersey
Posts: 6,402
Default Re: Foo Fighter jigsaw puzzle?

I don't recall it taking me that long

enjoy
__________________
85+ Foo Fighters Shows...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 3rd 2018, 02:01 PM
wicked_gravity's Avatar
wicked_gravity wicked_gravity is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,555
Default Re: Foo Fighter jigsaw puzzle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
I don't recall it taking me that long

enjoy
Ha, it's a bit brutal! But we made good progress last night, I believe we'll complete it by tomorrow.

I can't tell you how many times ... at least 20 ... that I/we had pieces in the wrong spot because they look the same and seem to fit! I actually had to get a magnifying glass to check more closely to see where some mistakes were, i.e. when I found other areas that were not making sense.

I think I should be able to sue for stress.
__________________
-------------------------
Gonna find my way to heaven
'Cause I did my time in hell
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 3rd 2018, 02:05 PM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 3,113
Default Re: Foo Fighter jigsaw puzzle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_gravity View Post
break time!

Good to know, I am determined! Just spent another couple hours. It still seems so far off.

Did you do anything w/ yours? The reason I've been wanting to do it is to then glue & frame it, and hang it in the rec room.
I was thinking about gluing it and framing it but tbh it didnt look that great - because its such a detailed picture the puzzle pieces detracted from the overall effect.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 4th 2018, 01:39 PM
wicked_gravity's Avatar
wicked_gravity wicked_gravity is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,555
Default Re: Foo Fighter jigsaw puzzle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
I was thinking about gluing it and framing it but tbh it didnt look that great - because its such a detailed picture the puzzle pieces detracted from the overall effect.
Yes, and you didn't say it, but gluing/framing a puzzle is definitely a white trashy thing. But nevertheless, I like the picture and I'm doing it! I'm stuck now as i already bought a 24x24 frame.
__________________
-------------------------
Gonna find my way to heaven
'Cause I did my time in hell
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 5th 2018, 01:24 PM
wicked_gravity's Avatar
wicked_gravity wicked_gravity is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,555
Default Re: Foo Fighter jigsaw puzzle?

And finally finished last night! It's already glued & waiting to dry...

I love the picture, combining all the cities into one scene & with all the 8s, I think it's great!
__________________
-------------------------
Gonna find my way to heaven
'Cause I did my time in hell
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old January 7th 2018, 09:26 AM
Derrison Derrison is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1
Default Re: Foo Fighter jigsaw puzzle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_gravity View Post
Yes, and you didn't say it, but gluing/framing a puzzle is definitely a white trashy thing. But nevertheless, I like the picture and I'm doing it! I'm stuck now as i already bought a 24x24 frame.
Nah it's not that white trashy. It definitely works for a man cave or something like that. Especially the Foo Fighters ones. I'd love to see the pic of it when you're done, Wicked.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old January 7th 2018, 05:21 PM
wicked_gravity's Avatar
wicked_gravity wicked_gravity is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,555
Default Re: Foo Fighter jigsaw puzzle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrison View Post
Nah it's not that white trashy. It definitely works for a man cave or something like that. Especially the Foo Fighters ones. I'd love to see the pic of it when you're done, Wicked.
Well I'm not too happy unfortunately. I was going to buy "puzzle glue" but decided to check out youtube on gluing/framing ... and the one I found said to just use elmer's glue, so I did. I think that was a mistake, it definitely took the glossy, shiny look from the picture.

But now it's too late, it's glued and I already bought the frame so I guess I'm stuck w/ it. That is unless anyone has a puzzle they are willing to part with, or sell!
__________________
-------------------------
Gonna find my way to heaven
'Cause I did my time in hell
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old January 8th 2018, 06:28 AM
geo.'s Avatar
geo. geo. is offline
Grave Rohl
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Depreston, Meowbourne
Posts: 8,206
Default Re: Foo Fighter jigsaw puzzle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_gravity View Post

But now it's too late, it's glued and I already bought the frame so I guess I'm stuck w/ it. That is unless anyone has a puzzle they are willing to part with, or sell!
I'd trade mine for a set of FF nesting dolls
__________________
I feel awful, let's do it again!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old January 9th 2018, 04:06 AM
wicked_gravity's Avatar
wicked_gravity wicked_gravity is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,555
Default Re: Foo Fighter jigsaw puzzle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrison View Post
Nah it's not that white trashy. It definitely works for a man cave or something like that. Especially the Foo Fighters ones. I'd love to see the pic of it when you're done, Wicked.
picture ... http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/...psrgqlxcrr.jpg
__________________
-------------------------
Gonna find my way to heaven
'Cause I did my time in hell
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.