Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 5th 2018, 12:03 AM
Lord of the Seven Kingdoms

Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

So, if you were going to go through the process of offloading your entire Foo Fighters catalogue - how would you go about it? Piece by piece on Ebay/Discogs, or try to sell as a collection?

This would include a copy of every vinyl release (though not every variant, cover, country etc.), all commercial release CD's and singles, and a bunch of release bundles etc. + assorted memorabilia.

Asking for a friend...
Old January 5th 2018, 07:26 AM
Insert Wookie noise here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFurlong View Post
So, if you were going to go through the process of offloading your entire Foo Fighters catalogue - how would you go about it? Piece by piece on Ebay/Discogs, or try to sell as a collection?

This would include a copy of every vinyl release (though not every variant, cover, country etc.), all commercial release CD's and singles, and a bunch of release bundles etc. + assorted memorabilia.

Asking for a friend...
I was wondering about the same thing. Iím personally thinking about selling some items from my (non Foo) collection. Also in doubt over Discogs and eBay.

(part of my) Record Collection

http://www.discogs.com/user/boyschouten/collection
Old January 5th 2018, 04:46 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFurlong View Post

Asking for a friend...
I would assume you would make less in a collection sale. That has to be a huge number and I would think you'd have to knock the price down a bit to find a buyer.

I think individual will net you larger profits, but it is way more work and it will take a long time.

If you ever decide to list, PM the listing/s. I have a few holes in my collection I'm always looking to fill.
9/28/08 ACL Austin TX
5/18/11 Verizon Arena Little Rock AR
5/20/11 FedEx Forum Memphis TN
8/7/11 Lolla Chicago IL
11/7/11 Gwinnett Center Duluth GA
9/21/12 Music Midtown Atlanta GA
10/26/14 LIB Las Vegas NV
5/27/15 LCCC Manchester UK
7/4/15 RFK Washington DC
9/10/17 Lolla Berlin
10/12/17 Anthem Washington DC
12/31/17 Chelsea Las Vegas NV
Old January 5th 2018, 04:57 PM
I'll Stick Around

Got myself a set of nesting dolls on eBay, £41 delivered!

Also found an EU card sleeve CD of Next Year too.

Happy with that!
The Royal Albert Hall, London 21/9/17

Dave's Foo Flickr
Old January 5th 2018, 05:19 PM
I'll Stick Around

I've always framed my gig posters in a black wood frame and that has worked out just fine for me.

But now that I have my first ever foil, I was thinking doing something a little more special. I've seen some great framing jobs in these threads.

So I turn to my fellow nut jobs: Any ideas or colors you think would look great with this poster? There's some images in this listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Foo-Fighter...AOSwUn9aShi r

FYI- Not my listing. Fuck the poster scalpers.
9/28/08 ACL Austin TX
5/18/11 Verizon Arena Little Rock AR
5/20/11 FedEx Forum Memphis TN
8/7/11 Lolla Chicago IL
11/7/11 Gwinnett Center Duluth GA
9/21/12 Music Midtown Atlanta GA
10/26/14 LIB Las Vegas NV
5/27/15 LCCC Manchester UK
7/4/15 RFK Washington DC
9/10/17 Lolla Berlin
10/12/17 Anthem Washington DC
12/31/17 Chelsea Las Vegas NV
Old January 5th 2018, 05:42 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by offbeatblink View Post
I've always framed my gig posters in a black wood frame and that has worked out just fine for me.

But now that I have my first ever foil, I was thinking doing something a little more special. I've seen some great framing jobs in these threads.

So I turn to my fellow nut jobs: Any ideas or colors you think would look great with this poster? There's some images in this listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Foo-Fighter...AOSwUn9aShi r

FYI- Not my listing. Fuck the poster scalpers.
I use black wood frames for all my posters even the foils (I like them to match and they work with any wall color scheme) but I do use different colored matting to make the poster stand out. On some posters I have 2 different colored matting to make the poster really pop.
Old January 8th 2018, 02:18 PM
Have you found your way around

Vegas A/P 25/150

Will post a picture later if I can get around to it.
House of Vans, 11th September 2014
Islington Assembly Hall, 12th September 2014
Invictus Games, 14th September 2014
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
future: London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
CalJam 2018????
Old January 9th 2018, 11:00 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

F#@K Re: Your latest Foo item?!

It's New Years 2018, so I'm gonna party like it's 1999 1995!

Been dying to post this but seriously didn't want it to get jinxed in the mail... (no names will be mentioned here Poppy I promise!)

An original complete and near mint UK 1995 pre-listening party promo package handout. Been put in a box and untouched/never played for 22 years.

1) This Is A Call UK 12 Inch Luminous Vinyl (Promo Stickered)
2) No1 Exhausted Pre-Release Window Reverse Promo Flyer Sticker (With "Coming Soon" red wording replacing the later "Debut Album Out Now!")
3) No1 Exhausted Release UK Promo Poster (Folded to fit inside vinyl jacket)

I have a 7" promo stickered TIAC. Never seen a 12" one. The windows flyer is almost certainly UK made, I know they reached AUS/NZ but I never knew if they were made down here or came from elsewhere. Always made sense they were UK and now proven. This one near pristine. The poster is not the two sided UK ones that came shortly after in various mags, and it's NOT the US one which is on thicker card stock. I may have seen one but could never be sure there really was a different poster from the US version. Certainly never seen one folded like this or I would have twigged as I did as soon as I saw the listing. All items slide into the vinyl cover.

UK Seller was very careful to note the perfect package was ever-so-slightly marred totally ruined by the black mark on the top right of the front cover. Understandably it must have made everyone realise it was now pretty much utterly worthless. Still, I adamantly persisted - even though I ended up having to pay the horrendous price of £10.00 to secure it (it's 1995 remember!).

Old January 9th 2018, 11:00 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Literally held the window flyer up against a sunny window to get a better through shot to show the "Coming Soon". I'm not sure there is any earlier true merchandising promo than this.

Old January 10th 2018, 07:46 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Sonic Highways Promo Press Kit for sale:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/122906407526
Old January 16th 2018, 11:40 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks12 View Post
I got a response from the store... According to their records all four were despatched together. If I've only received one it's a mistake and they'll send the others. I said yes I definitely only have one so fingers crossed I get the other three through soon...
These still haven't turned up. It shouldn't take 10 days for them to arrive (I'm in the UK) so I guess they weren't sent.
I emailed the store on Sunday and no one has got back to me yet. Does anyone have any contact details other than customerservices@bsimerch.com?
Am really really unimpressed.
Lollapalloza Berlin, Sept 2017
NOS Alive, July 2017
Glastonbury 2017
Paris, Nov, 20 15
Berlin, Nov, 2015
Milton Keynes 6th Sept, 2015
Milton Keynes 5th Sept, 2015
Glastonbury 2015
Wembley, 20th June 2015
Invictus Closing Concert, London, Sep 2014
Milton Keynes, July 2011
Wembley, June 2008
Reading, August 29th, 1998
Glastonbury June, 26th, 1998
Ozzfest, June 20th,1998
Shepherds Bush, Dec 13th, 1997
Old January 16th 2018, 03:29 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

From a friend who picked them up from 606...

Old January 16th 2018, 08:05 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks12 View Post
These still haven't turned up. It shouldn't take 10 days for them to arrive (I'm in the UK) so I guess they weren't sent.
I emailed the store on Sunday and no one has got back to me yet. Does anyone have any contact details other than customerservices@bsimerch.com?
Am really really unimpressed.
When all else fails we are blessed with having Jill here:
http://forum.foofighters.com/member....astposter&f=18

Use the click me or Foofightersmessageboard@gmail.com
Give her a short background sentence or two on what has been said/sent/not received and the order number and she will pass the details on to management who will check with the store.

I've had some seriously painful experiences in the last 12 months (including having an order cancelled and being told it was due to fraud when it was clearly the same card details and shipping address as ten other orders). Management now know that the change to Live Nation has not been great - but LN are SO big it is probably very difficult for them to justify leaving them. That said it's important that they keep getting the bad / plain horror stories.

In fairness I think LN have addressed a few things and most of the real crappy stuff happened with mass of C&G release orders, but there definitely was some kind of mega screw up all round somewhere in the UK with these tea towels.
Old January 16th 2018, 08:09 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
When all else fails we are blessed with having Jill here:
http://forum.foofighters.com/member....astposter&f=18

Use the click me or Foofightersmessageboard@gmail.com
Give her a short background sentence or two on what has been said/sent/not received and the order number and she will pass the details on to management who will check with the store.

I've had some seriously painful experiences in the last 12 months (including having an order cancelled and being told it was due to fraud when it was clearly the same card details and shipping address as ten other orders). Management now know that the change to Live Nation has not been great - but LN are SO big it is probably very difficult for them to justify leaving them. That said it's important that they keep getting the bad / plain horror stories.

In fairness I think LN have addressed a few things and most of the real crappy stuff happened with mass of C&G release orders, but there definitely was some kind of mega screw up all round somewhere in the UK with these tea towels.
I received a shipping email today saying my DG tea towel which i had ordered on Dec 21st shipped today. I pre ordered months ago and it arrived just before xmas. Go figure.
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old January 16th 2018, 08:32 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
I received a shipping email today saying my DG tea towel which i had ordered on Dec 21st shipped today. I pre ordered months ago and it arrived just before xmas. Go figure.
Yes clearly it was a stock issue - they simply didn't have them to ship. That part of it is fine - while very annoying it's how things can obviously go. The part that turns acceptable into utterly atrocious is not giving anyone any kind of factual updates. Yes they have a fuck load of stores, a colossal catalog of items and maybe thousands of live orders at any given time. But if you can't communicate with your customers you have no right whatsoever to be in business.

And management should seriously note that even one serious group fuck-you like the many we've now had just directly impacts the band's reputation and if it were me in charge I wouldn't give a rat's ass what kind of discount I got - it wouldn't be enough to fuck my fans or my band's name.

But with merch making up such a big percentage of band income - I guess the sad fact is that it's not just having to "suck some corporate cock" like Taylor once so brilliantly put it about having to do promo recordings for Walmart, it's now also being prepared to let a few fans be bent over and asked to smile for the team too...

Like I said I'd never allow it. And I seriously wonder if Dave would either if he really knew some of the shit that has gone on. I'm sure they are massively insulated against all this crap. Which is also wrong, because again if it was me I'd fucking want my fans to know I was never so big I didn't know what was happening to them and make sure it was as good as it can be - not as fucked as it can be as has so often been the case in the last 12 months.

/store rant 847
Old January 17th 2018, 08:42 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

And so hilariously my Christmas order of glasses, globe and ornaments has arrived - totally missing the ornaments !!

Sent off a very polite please fix...

What IS interesting though is that there is an invoice included, and I studied it carefully (prob the first time I've done that for LN).

The shipping invoice is ALSO missing the ornaments. So the stock people HAVE sent everything they were asked to box. The order in my account says ALL items were sent and they all have the same tracking number.

So between the order and the stock people you'd think it would not be a MANUAL process to select the actual items from the order to be sent - but it seems that it is.

Importantly the glasses and the ornaments were sold as individual items AND as a bundle. I bought each as a bundle. When added to the stock invoice they went on as the individual items.

Guess what ALSO was sold as individual items AND as a bundle... Tea Towels!

So we can safely say:
1) They have NO foolproof process in place to actually map what you ordered to what they actually send (seriously LN you have to be shitting me this bit is insane! lol)
2) If you order something that is a bundle of individual items sold watch out because it's even MORE likely to get fucked up lol
Old January 17th 2018, 09:17 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Well count me in as getting fucked over by Live Nation too. I ordered a shirt just a week ago. They sent the wrong size. I emailed them that they sent the wrong size and would like to exchange it and now they are out of stock of my size and aren't getting anymore in.

Live Nation is nothing short of a goddamn shit show. I've had numerous items damaged, missing, or the order takes forever to fill ever since they took over. Unless I absolutely have to have it, I'd rather just pay a fucking flipper on ebay. At least I know I'll get it and won't have to deal with the incompetence of the idiots at Live Nation or the headaches. And I'm sure the flippers love it because they know that Live Nation are idiots and keep them in business.
Old January 18th 2018, 07:24 AM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let It Die View Post
Well count me in as getting fucked over by Live Nation too. I ordered a shirt just a week ago. They sent the wrong size. I emailed them that they sent the wrong size and would like to exchange it and now they are out of stock of my size and aren't getting anymore in.

Live Nation is nothing short of a goddamn shit show. I've had numerous items damaged, missing, or the order takes forever to fill ever since they took over. Unless I absolutely have to have it, I'd rather just pay a fucking flipper on ebay. At least I know I'll get it and won't have to deal with the incompetence of the idiots at Live Nation or the headaches. And I'm sure the flippers love it because they know that Live Nation are idiots and keep them in business.
Same here unless it happens to be something signed which that's not going to happen...I will wait and buy stuff from a show or ebay too.
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Old Yesterday, 12:23 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Ok so I do want to add one thing re the store now...

UK Store - email
customerservices@bsimerch.com

US Store - DO NOT EMAIL THEM - ONLY USE THE NEW SUPPORT FORM

https://lnmerch.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I had a response in under an hour yesterday - and a tracking number that was live with UPS in under 4 hours with my replacement ornaments already shipped

I've never filled out the form before - and it does appear to only be there for the US store - but that was quite an amazing difference.
Old Yesterday, 06:49 AM
Fooper!

Received an extra DG teatowel yesterday...
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008