Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 11th 2017, 11:13 PM
The Boss

Default Where do I send people that are trying to find "things"

So every now and then I have a person asking about Merch that might not be available anymore. Is there a place other than Ebay that I should know about?

For example, a guy was looking for a Council Bluff's shirt from like 2011. Any idea?

Sorry I never look in here because I don't collect. Thank god...I just spend my money elsewhere.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old December 12th 2017, 12:52 AM
The Sidekick

Default Re: Where do I send people that are trying to find "things"

Yeah not really any other option once they're out of stock on the official store. ebay, or anywhere else that re-sells stuff. I mean they could ask here, or places like Reddit, but probably unlikely someone has what they want, and want to sell it.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old December 12th 2017, 04:07 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

For a long time with straight music releases you had places like EIL
https://eil.com/

Horribly expensive - but they often had rare releases for sale. Now specific sites like that have additional competition from DIscogs where the releases are catalogued AND sold.

Sadly on the generic merchandising side nobody has bothered to start a second hand marketplace of any kind. A number of good reasons come to mind -
mostly eBay having such a massive advantage when it comes to eyeballs, and the other quite real factor has to be risk since it so much harder to prove the authenticity of a t shirt etc vs a record.

On the other hand saying you want something if you can find someone to also say hey I have it - is also going to make it cost an arm and a leg.

So the only real advice to give is that almost everything appears on eBay sooner of later - it's just a matter of being patient. eBay searches can be saved also and they will mail you any matching results - even every day if you set it that way. Sooner of later the item is likely to suddenly appear, and it lucky you can even snap something up by a buy now or at a lower bid price than youd expect.
Old December 12th 2017, 07:19 AM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
For a long time with straight music releases you had places like EIL
https://eil.com/

Horribly expensive - but they often had rare releases for sale. Now specific sites like that have additional competition from DIscogs where the releases are catalogued AND sold.

Sadly on the generic merchandising side nobody has bothered to start a second hand marketplace of any kind. A number of good reasons come to mind -
mostly eBay having such a massive advantage when it comes to eyeballs, and the other quite real factor has to be risk since it so much harder to prove the authenticity of a t shirt etc vs a record.

On the other hand saying you want something if you can find someone to also say hey I have it - is also going to make it cost an arm and a leg.

So the only real advice to give is that almost everything appears on eBay sooner of later - it's just a matter of being patient. eBay searches can be saved also and they will mail you any matching results - even every day if you set it that way. Sooner of later the item is likely to suddenly appear, and it lucky you can even snap something up by a buy now or at a lower bid price than youd expect.
Kicked myself for not buying a stripy hoodie from the ES&P tour. Saved an ebay search and it took years for it to pop up, but things do pop up.
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old December 13th 2017, 09:41 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Kicked myself for not buying a stripy hoodie from the ES&P tour. Saved an ebay search and it took years for it to pop up, but things do pop up.
Yeah I only had to wait 19 years - and bang there it was... Rough Mixes Demo Tape
Does really prove that almost everything turns up eventually
Old December 14th 2017, 08:32 PM
The Boss

Thanks collecting pros. Appreciate the info!!

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond