Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 14th 2018, 02:05 PM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: Post Your "I Broke My Leg At A Foo Fighters Concert" Stories Here!

Do you need one of these Foos Break A Leg T-Shirts from the last UK tour?

Seriously, I've been caught in similar at an outdoor gig I got floored by a crowd surge as the band came on and then trampled on. Broke a rib, despite curling myself up in a ball, and seriously thought I was going to die before someone shouted and people cleared to let me up.
The Alarm, Glasgow, May
Iron Maiden - Newcastle, May
Iron Maiden - Glasgow Hydro, May
Kiss - Glasgow Hydro, May
Guns 'N' Roses - London, June
Old March 14th 2018, 11:44 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Default Re: Post Your "I Broke My Leg At A Foo Fighters Concert" Stories Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellYeah View Post
Sorry, late to the party here - but jeesh what a tale. It does explain why you didn't comment at the time on the show. I thought you were utterly disgusted but were restraining yourself from actually putting it into words on the site . Hope it's improving.
Must admit I didn't feel a whole lot like writing about it for a while. Apart from the fact for two weeks I was in major pain it was seriously disappointing to have still been in the best GA spot i've managed even with the tumble and had to fight with myself over walking away from it. Plus the fact that it actually was such a great gig even with the rain and I couldn't go Oh well it didn't really matter since they played shit or Dave sounded a bit crap or whatever - because I've never heard him sing much better.

But yeah it's definitely one for the record books lol

And I'm walking fine now six weeks later - just some minor knee tightness and one noticeable pain spot right where the fibula bone starts on the outside of the lower right knee.

Next time I'll try and do it properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish_foo View Post
Do you need one of these Foos Break A Leg T-Shirts from the last UK tour?

Seriously, I've been caught in similar at an outdoor gig I got floored by a crowd surge as the band came on and then trampled on. Broke a rib, despite curling myself up in a ball, and seriously thought I was going to die before someone shouted and people cleared to let me up.
I'm good - I have the shirt! And yeah we get massive surges at most of the NZ gigs in the Mosh, they are renowned for being seriously mental places to be lol. In 2011 I was on the rail at Western Springs for example and I must have helped security pull at least 20 people out and that was JUST where I was.

What you talk about has definitely happened a few times - and people dont meant to hurt others - they just don't damn well even KNOW stuff like that has happened until people around the person start fighting for space and shouting at those around them.

Sounds like you were lucky to get away with just a rib. And in fact I've known people get broken ribs just standing up from others elbows and surges etc. My flatmate once came back from a 3000 person gig and the next day was black and blue from bruises. It doesn't even take tens of thousands if people are energetic and excited.