Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Frequent Post Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 15th 2008, 08:47 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: Ok so wht foo track got you hooked???

my poor brain or maybe home
Old June 15th 2008, 08:49 PM
I'll Stick Around

or of course halo- but i dont think dave likes playing that one live
Old June 17th 2008, 09:57 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I remeber hearing wattershed about 2 weeks before the breakout video got released here, never looked back since
Old June 17th 2008, 02:02 PM
I'll Stick Around

mine was back in 97 when i herd "my hero" for the first time... before then i was a little gobby teenager, living with my dad. ive always tried to live up to my dads expectations (in my own mind) but i always sore him come off tops with everything, he seemed to do anything and everything for anyone. so i tried to life my life trying to be just half the man i though he was...

but my hero seemed to some it up... yeah people say the songs about how heroes (in daves mind) had come and gone... but it felt like it was aimed at me...

i was at the wembley gig just gone, and when he played that, i was singing along and ended up crying... WHO THE HELL CRYS AT A ROCK CONCERT!!!

Muchas Love Dan xx
Old June 17th 2008, 07:32 PM
I'll Stick Around

probably best of you because it sent shivers up my spine wheni first heard it and it still does. then i used to randomly listen to the only foo album we had (1x1) and hum along. then i heard the pretender and i was like oh my god how amazing are these guys?! then my dad bought ESPG and i love every song on there and then we bought IYH and i love it! ive been a devoted foo fan ever since mainly thanks to my dad!
Old June 17th 2008, 08:18 PM
Visiting is pretty...

love loads doa, monkey wrench, all my life, times liek these, my hero man and loads more what sort of question is that lol loads of thier songs r good
Old June 19th 2008, 03:07 PM
Visiting is pretty...

must admit it was "in your honour","times like these" and "marigold"love that song.
" Sometimes in life we wander aimlessly, Searching for a purpose, searching for ourselves.And yet, sometimes in life, we are so oblivious to the obvious,Because everything is right in front of us.And we're missing the point of living...We're missing the point of living."

Saturday Nov 17th 2007 o2 Arena
Friday 6th June 2008 Wembley.
Old June 20th 2008, 05:10 PM
Visiting is pretty...

well, gotta be honest, it must be The Pretender.

i liked them b4 with best of you, learn to fly,... u know, the songs everybody likes.
but after listening to ESPG i just loved them!! IYH was the next album i listend to, and i knew it for sure! they rock! now i almost have every album they ever recorded! and i just love them!! every song they ever played kicks *ss!
Old June 20th 2008, 09:23 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Well, I did listen a bit to TNLTL and saw the video of "Learn to fly", thought the video was hilarious, but I wasn´t really hooked then.
I went to my first show in 2002, barely knowing one song, knowing nothing about the band, basically I just went because someone had a spare ticket.
The opener was "All my life" and I was blown away by that. The whole show was better than anything I had seen so far, and I didn´t even know the songs. No need though, they totally got me that night.
I bought all the albums from that point on, I listened to all of them, loved most of them, but only last year did I really start to become pretty obsessed with them. I don´t know what did it, I just had to buy every album that I did not own, every dvd and find out as much as I could.
Now I like every song, love most of them although I went to a show this year I want to go again right now
So I guess all in all, what really got me hooked was the live performance, especially "all my life"
Just love them
Old June 21st 2008, 12:47 AM
I'll Stick Around

i'm sorry, but i only really badly started liking the music when i listened to stranger things have happened- WHAT A RIFF, and i got hooked on halo- my poor brain- enough space- and times like these- and i loved the monkey wrench video for some reason
Old June 21st 2008, 04:25 PM
I'll Stick Around

For me it's Exhausted, Butterflies and How I miss you. These songs helped me so much and will always help me through my fucking life. Thank you Dave and the other Foo Fighters for these songs.

Besides I really love Winnebago, All my life, Breakout, Tired of you and of course many others.

Old June 22nd 2008, 12:29 AM
I'll Stick Around

Best of You did it for me when I was 15, i was washing up at work, and one of the girls that i used to work with lent me her ipod cuz I was sooooooo bored (I cannot explain how boring the washroom at work is.... they shud use it as a form of corporal punishment!). Id never heard Best of You before, but listenedto it once, then had it on repeat for like 3 hrs... I fort it was amazing! Id never heard of the Foo Fighters before, but when I mentioned them to my bf, he was like... 'i have one of their albums... theyre mint.' so he lent me TCANS, n he as never got it back!!!!! N since then I have collected every album, single and DVD, and coated my walls of both of my bedrooms with their posters, and when I go uni in October, I fully intend to cover my room there with posters too!!

Sorry for rambling....

You once said Neil Young was the closest thing rock has to a Pope. Where would you place yourself in the rock/religion hierarchy?

Dave:One of those nasty priests who gets busted for touching little kids [laughs].
Old June 22nd 2008, 01:34 AM
Visiting is pretty...

It was definitely Best of You for me. I remember hearing it and being amazed. I had never really listened to FF before- I just knew that the drummer from Nirvana was the singer of another band. During the summer of 2005 I listened to it probably at least 2 or 3 times a day. I was hooked. Got IYH, then the self titled album, which made me fall in love all over again, and so on and so forth. I've never been the same, which is a good thing, ha.
Old June 22nd 2008, 04:05 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive Generator View Post
It was definitely Best of You for me. I remember hearing it and being amazed. I had never really listened to FF before- I just knew that the drummer from Nirvana was the singer of another band. During the summer of 2005 I listened to it probably at least 2 or 3 times a day. I was hooked. Got IYH, then the self titled album, which made me fall in love all over again, and so on and so forth. I've never been the same, which is a good thing, ha.
I know exactly how you felt. Best of You was like love at first sight. Perfection! n every time I go see them, n you hear 'IVE GOT ANOTHER CONFESSION TO MAKE...' all the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, then the guitars set in, n the drums get heavier... n OMG... Its like the best sex u have ever had hahahahahahaha.... LOL.... IM GOIN TO SEE BON JOVI LATER TODAY!!!! WOO HOO.... it wont be as good as FF tho sadly!!!!

You once said Neil Young was the closest thing rock has to a Pope. Where would you place yourself in the rock/religion hierarchy?

Dave:One of those nasty priests who gets busted for touching little kids [laughs].
Old June 22nd 2008, 07:03 AM
Have you found your way around

Well, lets see. I remember hearing all these songs on the radio like Learn To Fly, This Is A Call, Times Like These and My Hero when they were new-ish and I loved them but I didnt really know anything at all about the Foo Fighters at the time. I remember when the video for Times Like These was popular. My brother was like "check this out"...i thought it was okay but nothing special (I WAS SO DUMB)...but then it grew on me (love it now). I also remember watching MTV when they would constantly play the Best of You and D.O.A. videos....i liked them a lot but still didnt realy consider myself a FF fan.

BUT then a couple years ago, my brother bought TCATS (by then I had kinda known who they were but still didnt know that they did all those hits). I listened to it and thought some of the songs were pretty good like Monkey Wrench and Hey Johnny Park. When it got to My Hero, i was thinking "heyyy i know this song!" lol. But man, when track 11 started playing, I was like . I was thinking "okay...i HAVE to look these guys up"...I was paying no attention to Walking After You or New Way Home at that time because all that was going through my head was "Hello ive waited here for you Everlong...". So all day I had Everlong stuck in my head. I got absolutely no work done in school. All i was thinking was "Breath out so I can breath you in, hold you in...". As soon as I got home, I went on the interweb and looked up those damn Foo Fighters. They've been a major obsession of mine ever since.

So you COULD say the tune that got me interested was My Hero, Times Like These or Best of You....but Everlong changed my life. Thank God for brothers, right?

Okay sorry that was so excruciatingly long. I could just talk about FF's music for ever and ever.

Last edited by Wind Up Space : June 22nd 2008 at 07:06 AM.
Old June 22nd 2008, 07:16 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

I can't say it was any one track. For me it's his voice.
Old July 9th 2008, 09:09 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I bought the single of All My Life, but Best of You got me hooked
Old July 10th 2008, 04:08 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Best of you I listened to it over and over for months!
Old July 12th 2008, 02:34 PM
Visiting is pretty...

even though it's not an original i was HOOKED when I first heard "Down in the Park" ... i think it was '95

Last edited by Nellie : July 12th 2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old July 12th 2008, 03:26 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouch593 View Post
Why did you do that?
i see why you call yourself "Grouch"