Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old November 7th 2017, 04:55 PM
DonnaInVA's Avatar
DonnaInVA DonnaInVA is offline
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 103,010
Default Re: Chicago - Wrigley presale at a later date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeydee View Post
Can't attest to Wrigley, but I think baseball fields in general are a terrible place to hold a concert. We went to Metallica in St. Louis over the summer and we had a great time, but the sound was definitely not up to par!

That being said, I will totally be at Wrigley if I can manage to snag some tickets.
me and a handful of people (like 8 of us or so) ended up being able to sit next to each other at Wrigley last time (everyone just kinda moved around)
Couldn't see the stage,I don't even know if there was a screen
We weren't even all that drunk, just had an amazing time being silly with other adults
We need to make real decisions in our everyday lives, get the oil changed, remember to call the guy about the car insurance.
We danced and sang loudly off tune in a beautiful baseball park for a few hours!
I really hope you can get your tickets!
__________________
This album was made in Virginia. TINLTL
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old November 7th 2017, 05:24 PM
Mike2's Avatar
Mike2 Mike2 is offline
Everything Is Awesome
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: St. Charles, MO
Posts: 19,875
Default Re: Chicago - Wrigley presale at a later date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaInVA View Post
me and a handful of people (like 8 of us or so) ended up being able to sit next to each other at Wrigley last time (everyone just kinda moved around)
Couldn't see the stage,I don't even know if there was a screen
We weren't even all that drunk, just had an amazing time being silly with other adults
We need to make real decisions in our everyday lives, get the oil changed, remember to call the guy about the car insurance.
We danced and sang loudly off tune in a beautiful baseball park for a few hours!
I really hope you can get your tickets!
Exactly. I'm not sure I ever saw anyone performing but the sound was good enough and hanging out with everyone was a blast. I honestly don't care where my seats are for this coming show as long as I get to hang out with fun people.
__________________
Hi
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old November 7th 2017, 05:36 PM
Disbet's Avatar
Disbet Disbet is offline
Team Pat
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Middle of nowhere, Indiana
Posts: 777
Default Re: Chicago - Wrigley presale at a later date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
Apparently night 2 will be Monday 7/30. Tickets.com has the show up from yesterday's presale.
They're doing 2 Wrigley shows now?
__________________
2000-Bloomington, IN
Poor or had little kids for 15 years
2015-Noblesville/Indy
2017-Chicago (Metro), Knoxville, Cincinnati
2018-Lexington, Memphis, Nashville, Noblesville/Indy, Wrigley x2, Kansas City, St. Louis, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Paul
2019 Atlanta, New Orleans x2, Sonic Temple, Bourbon & Beyond, Pilgrimage
2020 Boston Calling
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old November 7th 2017, 05:57 PM
Jaeydee's Avatar
Jaeydee Jaeydee is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 913
Default Re: Chicago - Wrigley presale at a later date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaInVA View Post
me and a handful of people (like 8 of us or so) ended up being able to sit next to each other at Wrigley last time (everyone just kinda moved around)
Couldn't see the stage,I don't even know if there was a screen
We weren't even all that drunk, just had an amazing time being silly with other adults
We need to make real decisions in our everyday lives, get the oil changed, remember to call the guy about the car insurance.
We danced and sang loudly off tune in a beautiful baseball park for a few hours!
I really hope you can get your tickets!
That's exactly what I want!!! I don't go to shows expecting a personal 1 on 1 session with the band! I'm just thrilled to be listening to their music live and hanging out with other people who love them like I do.

I'm crossing all my fingers that I'm not a doof and forget again tomorrow for the newsletter presale. I DO get to see them tomorrow night in Champaign, IL so hopefully that will help me remember.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old November 7th 2017, 06:09 PM
joanie joanie is offline
fightingfoo
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New City, New York
Posts: 44
Default Re: Chicago - Wrigley presale at a later date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeydee View Post
That's exactly what I want!!! I don't go to shows expecting a personal 1 on 1 session with the band! I'm just thrilled to be listening to their music live and hanging out with other people who love them like I do.

I'm crossing all my fingers that I'm not a doof and forget again tomorrow for the newsletter presale. I DO get to see them tomorrow night in Champaign, IL so hopefully that will help me remember.
Just a thought...I got good seats for both nights at MSG & I put in for a single seat...it's all that was coming up, & even at that it was sold out quickly. Sometimes putting in for a single seat will get you something decent...& you know your friends are still there and everyone you are sitting with are fans anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old November 7th 2017, 06:16 PM
DonnaInVA's Avatar
DonnaInVA DonnaInVA is offline
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 103,010
Default Re: Chicago - Wrigley presale at a later date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2 View Post
Exactly. I'm not sure I ever saw anyone performing but the sound was good enough and hanging out with everyone was a blast. I honestly don't care where my seats are for this coming show as long as I get to hang out with fun people.
Helping Cheryl find some found beer

At the last Wrigley show we had with us friends from PA, IA, VA, HI and I know I'm missing a few!!
__________________
This album was made in Virginia. TINLTL
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old November 7th 2017, 07:34 PM
Let It Die's Avatar
Let It Die Let It Die is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Charlie Sheen's basement
Posts: 518
Default Re: Chicago - Wrigley presale at a later date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
Apparently night 2 will be Monday 7/30. Tickets.com has the show up from yesterday's presale.
Where are you seeing this? I don't see it.
__________________
Beautiful veins and bloodshot eyes
Why'd you have to go and let it die?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old November 7th 2017, 07:45 PM
Chicago Chicago is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: duh
Posts: 2,886
Default Re: Chicago - Wrigley presale at a later date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let It Die View Post
Where are you seeing this? I don't see it.
Came back to my tickets.com page that had timed out. When I refreshed, this came up

http://protected.tickets.com/buy/TicketOnsale

I can't post a screen cap so hopefully the link will work

OK I see the link doesn't show you what my screen showed earlier today. Somebody help a moron who can't get a picture to post from her phone on here without posting it as a link
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old November 7th 2017, 07:56 PM
Let It Die's Avatar
Let It Die Let It Die is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Charlie Sheen's basement
Posts: 518
Default Re: Chicago - Wrigley presale at a later date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
Came back to my tickets.com page that had timed out. When I refreshed, this came up

http://protected.tickets.com/buy/TicketOnsale

I can't post a screen cap so hopefully the link will work

OK I see the link doesn't show you what my screen showed earlier today. Somebody help a moron who can't get a picture to post from her phone on here without posting it as a link
I'll take your word for it. I booked my flight yesterday and was able to change it without further cost because it was under 24 hours. If they add a show on Monday, I owe you a drink for letting me know!
__________________
Beautiful veins and bloodshot eyes
Why'd you have to go and let it die?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old November 7th 2017, 07:58 PM
Chicago Chicago is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: duh
Posts: 2,886
Default Re: Chicago - Wrigley presale at a later date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let It Die View Post
I'll take your word for it. I booked my flight yesterday and was able to change it without further cost because it was under 24 hours. If they add a show on Monday, I owe you a drink for letting me know!
De nada! It's always been the rumor that they were doing two shows at Wrigley next summer, just didn't know what the other date would be.

Hope to see you this time - not sure if you remember but we'd met at the Ryman show
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old November 7th 2017, 08:06 PM
Let It Die's Avatar
Let It Die Let It Die is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Charlie Sheen's basement
Posts: 518
Default Re: Chicago - Wrigley presale at a later date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
De nada! It's always been the rumor that they were doing two shows at Wrigley next summer, just didn't know what the other date would be.

Hope to see you this time - not sure if you remember but we'd met at the Ryman show
Yes, I do! That is still one of the top 5 shows I've ever seen. I'm just hoping the extra date isn't on Sat because that's when we fly up. Looking forward to eating/drinking a ton.
__________________
Beautiful veins and bloodshot eyes
Why'd you have to go and let it die?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old November 7th 2017, 10:28 PM
mingo05's Avatar
mingo05 mingo05 is offline
Colors inside the lines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Iowa City, Ohio, the great potato state
Posts: 25,288
Default Re: Chicago - Wrigley presale at a later date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaInVA View Post
Helping Cheryl find some found beer

At the last Wrigley show we had with us friends from PA, IA, VA, HI and I know I'm missing a few!!
Australia.
__________________
aka Cheryl from Iowa

*wears a helmet at all times*
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old November 7th 2017, 10:31 PM
mj mj is offline
math is fun!
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NoVa
Posts: 1,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingo05 View Post
Australia.
And Indiana!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.