Well, well, well...........looks like Mr. T actually got off his ass and wrote a letter for once........lazy bastard. Now if I could just get him downstairs to finish the drum track for this song.........
Ahh.......BBQ for dinner tonight. It's a little chilly for me to fire up the grill this evening, so we had to go out for the good stuff. Although nothing says lovin' like something from the oven, it's a hell of a lot easier to have someone else slow cook your pork for you. I love getting my pork slow cooked by someone else, don't you?
Anyhoo.......yes, it's true....we are finally back in the basement for another dose of the good stuff. We did a little upgrading equipment wise, so the new sounds are ten times as killer. It's like two scoops of raisins in every bowl. Got some new amps to fuck around with (all vintage, for you tech heads out there). Nice old HIWATT, nice old Marshall, killer old cabinets from the 70's. I actually scored a HIWATT cabinet that used to belong to Rick Neilson of Cheap Trick. He used to tour with it, and the back of it has the C.T. logo spray painted all over it. Wait a second.......do you all care about this crap? Next topic.......
So, yeah......there are lots of new songs to choose from. 29 to be exact. We've just really started to get into it, picking the ones with the most potential first, but you never know. Sometimes the weird ones sneak up on you at the last minute (like MIA did), so it's always best to take a stab at every one of them. Halo, Gun Beside My Bed, New Wave, Bottomed Out, and The One are the ones that we've gotten into so far. All killer. I think that "The One" will be hitting radio stations soon.....maybe make a video soon to boot.......it's a fast one. 2 minutes 48 seconds, or something like that. " You're not the one, but you're the only one who can make me feel like shit......" Wow........It's practically Shakespeare........
OK.....I'm being summoned to the basement. I hope all of you are well, and NO, I am not giving out any hand jobs.................I'll let Taylor take care of those.
Hate to love you and leave you, but.........xxxxxxxxxx
Dave
ps........what do you guys think about a live feed video camera downstairs?