Thumbs up

Home sweet home.........nothing like coming back to your own bed, your own shower, your own mess that you left because you were in too much of a fucking hurry to clean it up before leaving for the train station. For all of you that have jobs that don't involve travel, these are the things that some take for granted. Try traveling around the country for a year and a half at a time, and I bet you ten American dollars that there isn't one bed as comfortable, one shower as strong, or one refrigerator as cold as the one you have at home. I'm talking to Gus about taking all of these things with me next time we tour. Every time we check into a hotel, I'll have the staff install MY shower head, move MY bed into my room (I mean, master suite), and prepare MY Sub-Zero fridge so that it's nice and cold whenever I need a refreshing bottle of Pellegrino. MTV Cribs, my ass.........I'm taking this motherfucker on the road......
Soo.....we just got back from NYC. Did the video for "The One". Jesse....I mean Stresse Peretz directed. He did a great job (again). We haven't seen a rough cut yet, and I don't want to give it away, but I'm guessing that it's going to be hilarious. You thought we looked ridiculous in the "Learn to Fly" video? You just wait......we won't be able to show our faces in public for a long, long time after this one. Jesse threw this one together in record time, like 5 or 6 days, and pulled it off. Here are some hints: It's a parody of a famous movie from the early 80's, there were tons of extras, I had to wear a gold chain, Nate has a roller skating scene, Chris.....I don't even wanna tell you what he had to do..........and Taylor........he actually got off pretty easy on this one. Sorry ladies......no more drag for Mr. T. Maybe next time. MTV did one of those "Making of the Video" thingies, so you'll get to see all of the behind the scenes shit soon enough. Oh God, is it ever embarrassing. But, that's the way we like it, right? Right......
Time to get back to work downstairs. There's still so much to do, we're only about a third of the way done with the drum tracks, but everything is coming along very well. I'll keep everybody posted on the progress.
Hope everybody had a nice Thanksgiving, and God Bless New York City.
Later, Dave