Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #7801  
Old October 1st 2017, 09:50 PM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,019
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Tea Set - Yours for a mere 5000 pounds

God loves a dreamer!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263238357469
Reply With Quote
  #7802  
Old October 1st 2017, 10:08 PM
jvesguerra17 jvesguerra17 is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Horsham, UK
Posts: 14
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

still looking for some frome merch (hoodie and shirt). was it sold
at the uk online store?
Reply With Quote
  #7803  
Old October 1st 2017, 10:16 PM
aprilshack's Avatar
aprilshack aprilshack is offline
Fooper!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Merseyside, uk.
Posts: 10,473
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvesguerra17 View Post
still looking for some frome merch (hoodie and shirt). was it sold
at the uk online store?
Apart from the poster and pin badge, no.
__________________
Leeds & Reading, 2019
Pula,Croatia x2, 2019
London Stadium x2, 2018
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Reply With Quote
  #7804  
Old October 1st 2017, 10:17 PM
aprilshack's Avatar
aprilshack aprilshack is offline
Fooper!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Merseyside, uk.
Posts: 10,473
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Tea Set - Yours for a mere 5000 pounds

God loves a dreamer!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263238357469
22 watchers last i looked!
__________________
Leeds & Reading, 2019
Pula,Croatia x2, 2019
London Stadium x2, 2018
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Reply With Quote
  #7805  
Old October 1st 2017, 10:59 PM
khanmightsay khanmightsay is offline
Won't go getting tired of you
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: London
Posts: 11
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

I got a coaster from the Foo Fighters Arms!!
Reply With Quote
  #7806  
Old October 2nd 2017, 12:27 AM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,019
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Amazing what people will buy.

http://r.ebay.com/7wYj5L

That's right folks, for just 3.50 you too can have a scanned photocopy of a genuine setlist from the 02 show.

More than 10 available, hope they don't sell out! Once the paper runs out in the printer, they're gone!

I mean there is absolutely no way you could ever re-create these yourself with MS Word and Comic Sans. Nope.
It's truly a great example of a fool and their money being easily parted. Yes the title is misleading - but the description is clear, and as soon as you see two copies in the image that's pretty obvious - you aren't getting BOTH.

I think I will buy one so I can undercut him/her and sell my own copies of "my original" at 2 pounds!
Reply With Quote
  #7807  
Old October 2nd 2017, 07:35 AM
dave_patch's Avatar
dave_patch dave_patch is offline
Everything fades in time it's true...
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 832
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
22 watchers last i looked!
Really?!!! If that sells I'll be gutted. Could have bought one and paid for my trips to London and any tour dates next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
It's truly a great example of a fool and their money being easily parted. Yes the title is misleading - but the description is clear, and as soon as you see two copies in the image that's pretty obvious - you aren't getting BOTH.

I think I will buy one so I can undercut him/her and sell my own copies of "my original" at 2 pounds!
Harsh! But that's business I guess....
__________________
Reading Festival 24-8-02
Reading Festival 27-8-05
Hyde Park 17-6-06
The O2 Arena 18-1-07
Wembley Stadium 6 & 7-8-08
Milton Keynes Bowl 3-7-11
Reading Festival 26-8-12
AccorHotels Arena 3-7-17
The O2 Arena 19-9-17
The Royal Albert Hall 21-9-17
Etihad Stadium 19-6-18
London Stadium 22 & 23-6-18
Pula Arena 18 & 19-6-19
Bellahouston Park 17-8-19
Vital Festival 19-8-19
RDS Arena 21-8-19
Leeds Festival 23-8-19
Reading Festival 25-8-19

Dave's Foo Flickr
Reply With Quote
  #7808  
Old October 3rd 2017, 06:38 PM
MattYoung1's Avatar
MattYoung1 MattYoung1 is offline
I'm a page torn from a broken spine
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 95
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Tea Set - Yours for a mere 5000 pounds

God loves a dreamer!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263238357469
Tea set up in the UK Store. It is under Accessories.

Last edited by MattYoung1 : October 3rd 2017 at 06:39 PM. Reason: added where tea set is located.
Reply With Quote
  #7809  
Old October 3rd 2017, 09:04 PM
donnyz30's Avatar
donnyz30 donnyz30 is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 22
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Anyone heard anything about the flight bag from the pre-order bundle yet?
Reply With Quote
  #7810  
Old October 3rd 2017, 10:31 PM
dave_patch's Avatar
dave_patch dave_patch is offline
Everything fades in time it's true...
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 832
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattYoung1 View Post
Tea set up in the UK Store. It is under Accessories.
Love it! Good luck shifting the 5k set now!
__________________
Reading Festival 24-8-02
Reading Festival 27-8-05
Hyde Park 17-6-06
The O2 Arena 18-1-07
Wembley Stadium 6 & 7-8-08
Milton Keynes Bowl 3-7-11
Reading Festival 26-8-12
AccorHotels Arena 3-7-17
The O2 Arena 19-9-17
The Royal Albert Hall 21-9-17
Etihad Stadium 19-6-18
London Stadium 22 & 23-6-18
Pula Arena 18 & 19-6-19
Bellahouston Park 17-8-19
Vital Festival 19-8-19
RDS Arena 21-8-19
Leeds Festival 23-8-19
Reading Festival 25-8-19

Dave's Foo Flickr
Reply With Quote
  #7811  
Old October 3rd 2017, 11:08 PM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,019
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_patch View Post
Love it! Good luck shifting the 5k set now!
Yeah it's not exactly flying out of the store at 250 as it is!

I did a test order and it was 35 registered signed for postage to NZ. So other places outside UK will be less, but prob not that much - it was still 15 to ship to a UK address - recorded mail is the only option.

What really irks me most about the UK store is that they steal VAT from all foreign orders. It is not ADDED to a UK address order, so it must be included in the price.

In which case it should then be REMOVED from international orders - but it isn't. That's 20% right there - Amazon UK and almost all online shops that ship internationally REMOVE VAT if the ship address is outside the EU. Live Nation are pocketing it because they WILL NOT have to return it to HM Revenue & Customs. It's pretty scandalous actually on something like this - they are pocketing over 40
Reply With Quote
  #7812  
Old October 3rd 2017, 11:31 PM
Stevegdd Stevegdd is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 6
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Hey Guys, just a heads up. The UK store has got some of the Arms merch for sale....including the Tea Set!!
Reply With Quote
  #7813  
Old October 4th 2017, 02:08 AM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,019
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyz30 View Post
Anyone heard anything about the flight bag from the pre-order bundle yet?
I don't believe anyone has heard anything more yet after the email saying it was delayed to be sure of quality and would be sent separately. Pretty sure we should be expecting an update fairly shortly though, the delay was supposedly going to be a few weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #7814  
Old October 4th 2017, 06:50 AM
aprilshack's Avatar
aprilshack aprilshack is offline
Fooper!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Merseyside, uk.
Posts: 10,473
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Yeah it's not exactly flying out of the store at 250 as it is!

I did a test order and it was 35 registered signed for postage to NZ. So other places outside UK will be less, but prob not that much - it was still 15 to ship to a UK address - recorded mail is the only option.

What really irks me most about the UK store is that they steal VAT from all foreign orders. It is not ADDED to a UK address order, so it must be included in the price.

In which case it should then be REMOVED from international orders - but it isn't. That's 20% right there - Amazon UK and almost all online shops that ship internationally REMOVE VAT if the ship address is outside the EU. Live Nation are pocketing it because they WILL NOT have to return it to HM Revenue & Customs. It's pretty scandalous actually on something like this - they are pocketing over 40
That's live nation for you. They are money grabbers to say the least.
__________________
Leeds & Reading, 2019
Pula,Croatia x2, 2019
London Stadium x2, 2018
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Reply With Quote
  #7815  
Old October 4th 2017, 08:57 PM
wol's Avatar
wol wol is offline
Normal
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Here.
Posts: 11,806
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattYoung1 View Post
Tea set up in the UK Store. It is under Accessories.
I am soooo tempted.
__________________
* 2500 posts in 24 hours. You truly are a bunch of arseholes. *

* I can't help but notice...you poo a lot. *
Reply With Quote
  #7816  
Old October 5th 2017, 12:48 AM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,019
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
That's live nation for you. They are money grabbers to say the least.
I'm having them up about it. It's actually not legal. I have both UK and NZ mailing addresses on my UK account, so I did two dummy orders for the tea set right through to credit card payment. In each case the total demanded was 249.99 - with an obvious difference in postage - 15 UK versus 35 NZ roughly.

In one of those cases HMR&C has to get 41.66 of the total - in the other it doesn't. That's MORE than the 35 free registered signed for fully insured shipping to NZ that they are overcharging to outside EU orders!

So unless they are voluntarily returning VAT they legally don't have to to HMR&C for ALL foreign orders - then it's fundamentally straight theft. I've asked them for comment, I knew it was happening, but stuff like the tea set really is insulting.

If they return with BS then Im slapping all the details up in the dot com section. The band's management and most definitely at least other fans need to know that this is going on and that they are allowing/being screwed.

And while Im at it I've taken aim at the US store as well. For the second time in one week they have arbitrarily cancelled part of an order and refunded it. So they can't control stock properly which is ludicrous but I might get over that. But in one case there was zero notification that it was even happening.

There's absolutely NO attempt to ever advise and say hey what would you like to do... which is awful practice, truly dismal. When you push them you find in fact yes they will cancel the ENTIRE order if you'd like - and you can reorder.

Oh yes thats fucking perfect when one was for a bunch of limited edition Metro stuff all now out of stock and not even on the site. And the absolute BEST part - I got one response saying I could do that (cancel the order) but they decided to send it to me (the response) 5 days after the (rest of) order had been SHIPPED.

And the other kicker people may not notice is this. When you add an item to your cart the amount of shipping is adjusted - buy more and you pay more shipping. All OK there right, that's fair enough.

BUT - when they cancel PART of an order they refund you on the removed ITEM PRICE ONLY! No attempt to give you back the difference on the extra shipping you would NOT have paid if you had never actually originally bought the item (which you now haven't as they aren't sending it). So effectively then - a bit more of a crafty slide of my money into their pocket while I'm not looking. They have previously given some of the postage back, but I've always had to ask for it. So they know fully well they do it but apparently they dont care. It's not good enough.

So I've asked the US site to address those issues and comment as well. We'll see what they have to say, then maybe I'll write up a FAQ with all the BS - and when people should call them on it.

I mean it's bad enough folk have to deal with flippers, then the horrible price of ticket scalpers, which has morphed into the awful mess with the real fans getting the blunt end at O2 and being rejected. The last thing we really need is the Band's own fucking web store stealing from it's most dedicated fans.

Last edited by FooZealand : October 5th 2017 at 01:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7817  
Old October 5th 2017, 06:45 AM
aprilshack's Avatar
aprilshack aprilshack is offline
Fooper!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Merseyside, uk.
Posts: 10,473
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
I'm having them up about it. It's actually not legal. I have both UK and NZ mailing addresses on my UK account, so I did two dummy orders for the tea set right through to credit card payment. In each case the total demanded was 249.99 - with an obvious difference in postage - 15 UK versus 35 NZ roughly.

In one of those cases HMR&C has to get 41.66 of the total - in the other it doesn't. That's MORE than the 35 free registered signed for fully insured shipping to NZ that they are overcharging to outside EU orders!

So unless they are voluntarily returning VAT they legally don't have to to HMR&C for ALL foreign orders - then it's fundamentally straight theft. I've asked them for comment, I knew it was happening, but stuff like the tea set really is insulting.

If they return with BS then Im slapping all the details up in the dot com section. The band's management and most definitely at least other fans need to know that this is going on and that they are allowing/being screwed.

And while Im at it I've taken aim at the US store as well. For the second time in one week they have arbitrarily cancelled part of an order and refunded it. So they can't control stock properly which is ludicrous but I might get over that. But in one case there was zero notification that it was even happening.

There's absolutely NO attempt to ever advise and say hey what would you like to do... which is awful practice, truly dismal. When you push them you find in fact yes they will cancel the ENTIRE order if you'd like - and you can reorder.

Oh yes thats fucking perfect when one was for a bunch of limited edition Metro stuff all now out of stock and not even on the site. And the absolute BEST part - I got one response saying I could do that (cancel the order) but they decided to send it to me (the response) 5 days after the (rest of) order had been SHIPPED.

And the other kicker people may not notice is this. When you add an item to your cart the amount of shipping is adjusted - buy more and you pay more shipping. All OK there right, that's fair enough.

BUT - when they cancel PART of an order they refund you on the removed ITEM PRICE ONLY! No attempt to give you back the difference on the extra shipping you would NOT have paid if you had never actually originally bought the item (which you now haven't as they aren't sending it). So effectively then - a bit more of a crafty slide of my money into their pocket while I'm not looking. They have previously given some of the postage back, but I've always had to ask for it. So they know fully well they do it but apparently they dont care. It's not good enough.

So I've asked the US site to address those issues and comment as well. We'll see what they have to say, then maybe I'll write up a FAQ with all the BS - and when people should call them on it.

I mean it's bad enough folk have to deal with flippers, then the horrible price of ticket scalpers, which has morphed into the awful mess with the real fans getting the blunt end at O2 and being rejected. The last thing we really need is the Band's own fucking web store stealing from it's most dedicated fans.
Mate has been waiting for stuff since before September. They weren't responding so she called them. He said the stuff had been despatched that same same day. This was well over a week ago. Guess what? No merch. Barefaced lies. She has had to email them again. No response. I said this from the begining when we saw the change at the bottom of the merch page. Live nation are crap. Once they have your money they don't give a shit. No customer care. This comes from experience from merch i have ordered in the past and from the U2 fan club. Don't get me started on their silly ticket prices either.
__________________
Leeds & Reading, 2019
Pula,Croatia x2, 2019
London Stadium x2, 2018
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Reply With Quote
  #7818  
Old October 5th 2017, 06:47 AM
aprilshack's Avatar
aprilshack aprilshack is offline
Fooper!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Merseyside, uk.
Posts: 10,473
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wol View Post
I am soooo tempted.
Wouldn't bother. You may not get it!
__________________
Leeds & Reading, 2019
Pula,Croatia x2, 2019
London Stadium x2, 2018
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Reply With Quote
  #7819  
Old October 5th 2017, 09:04 PM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,019
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Mate has been waiting for stuff since before September. They weren't responding so she called them. He said the stuff had been despatched that same same day. This was well over a week ago. Guess what? No merch. Barefaced lies. She has had to email them again. No response. I said this from the begining when we saw the change at the bottom of the merch page. Live nation are crap. Once they have your money they don't give a shit. No customer care. This comes from experience from merch i have ordered in the past and from the U2 fan club. Don't get me started on their silly ticket prices either.
Oh yeah we both saw the LN link at the same time and that it was both sites. I knew immediately that was not good news. Bu in fact initially it seemed like they might have taken that kinda "reputation" on and actually improved stuff a lot, but it's clear they cant handle serious volume, and it's clear they don't like to read actual problems.

Today my request (of yesterday) to address the partial cancellation by sending the remaining items and refunding me the order postage as a gesture of good will (for having had this same shit happen twice in the same week) was met by waking up to an email saying they have cancelled the entire order. Nothing else and no refund notification on the other items in the order.

So I'm getting plenty fast responses (maybe based on sales volume) - but it's almost as if they are now actively doing everything they can as wrong as possible to fuck me off.
Reply With Quote
  #7820  
Old October 5th 2017, 09:25 PM
wol's Avatar
wol wol is offline
Normal
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Here.
Posts: 11,806
Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Wouldn't bother. You may not get it!
True that
__________________
* 2500 posts in 24 hours. You truly are a bunch of arseholes. *

* I can't help but notice...you poo a lot. *
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.