Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81521  
Old June 27th 2018, 07:52 AM
wol's Avatar
wol wol is offline
Normal
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Here.
Posts: 11,720
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
So...when is Wemblet?
Wait for the annoucement!
__________________
* 2500 posts in 24 hours. You truly are a bunch of arseholes. *

* I can't help but notice...you poo a lot. *
Reply With Quote
  #81522  
Old August 22nd 2019, 12:52 AM
Epic Failure's Avatar
Epic Failure Epic Failure is offline
The Cookie Is A Lie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Heart of Transylvania
Posts: 27,932
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Unnecessary post. Just cos I'm reminiscing.
__________________
Mutare Vel Timere Sperno
Reply With Quote
  #81523  
Old August 22nd 2019, 07:29 AM
IamBec's Avatar
IamBec IamBec is offline
Be Kind. Never knowing who to believe
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Liverpool / London UK
Posts: 18,178
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Canít believe this is still here ...
__________________
Formally FooManiac4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie III View Post
T looks like he's been taking hat advice from Becky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_Everlong View Post
If the Dingwalls Gig was a person, it would be Steven Fucking Seagal
Reply With Quote
  #81524  
Old August 22nd 2019, 04:23 PM
BigCol's Avatar
BigCol BigCol is offline
I don't have a cofee problem.
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 7,343
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

There wonít be one of these on Saturday will there?
Reply With Quote
  #81525  
Old August 22nd 2019, 04:30 PM
IamBec's Avatar
IamBec IamBec is offline
Be Kind. Never knowing who to believe
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Liverpool / London UK
Posts: 18,178
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
There wonít be one of these on Saturday will there?
What? A casual round of mini golf? Who even knows! 😬
__________________
Formally FooManiac4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie III View Post
T looks like he's been taking hat advice from Becky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_Everlong View Post
If the Dingwalls Gig was a person, it would be Steven Fucking Seagal
Reply With Quote
  #81526  
Old August 22nd 2019, 07:09 PM
Epic Failure's Avatar
Epic Failure Epic Failure is offline
The Cookie Is A Lie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Heart of Transylvania
Posts: 27,932
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Always possible, but would have thought unlikely, especially given the whole Club NME thing that Dave did last week.

Given the focus on the weekend and its history in social media and the like however, I would point out that there is an awfully convenient hour gap in the lock up stage at Reading that isn't on the schedule for the same day at Leeds...Could mean anything, but I would certainly be keeping my eye on it.
__________________
Mutare Vel Timere Sperno
Reply With Quote
  #81527  
Old August 22nd 2019, 07:17 PM
O.B.gene's Avatar
O.B.gene O.B.gene is offline
I'm Alone Again
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Southend, Essex
Posts: 27,715
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Reply With Quote
  #81528  
Old August 22nd 2019, 08:59 PM
BigCol's Avatar
BigCol BigCol is offline
I don't have a cofee problem.
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 7,343
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Oooooooh.
Reply With Quote
  #81529  
Old August 23rd 2019, 02:55 PM
Johnson_Foo's Avatar
Johnson_Foo Johnson_Foo is offline
Right down the drain I goÖ
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: South of England
Posts: 383
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Failure View Post
Always possible, but would have thought unlikely, especially given the whole Club NME thing that Dave did last week.

Given the focus on the weekend and its history in social media and the like however, I would point out that there is an awfully convenient hour gap in the lock up stage at Reading that isn't on the schedule for the same day at Leeds...Could mean anything, but I would certainly be keeping my eye on it.
Kasabian or Frank Turner secret set Iím hearing
Reply With Quote
  #81530  
Old August 23rd 2019, 03:15 PM
lharris92's Avatar
lharris92 lharris92 is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: england
Posts: 3,290
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo View Post
Kasabian or Frank Turner secret set Iím hearing
Frank Turner is in Kettering at a festival in the evening, it's possible but if there was issues with travel it could be a problem - he'd be more likely to pop up at that festival he's at for a small solo set.
__________________
Farewell, Godspeed and Goodbye. You have lived and you have changed all our lives.

WS 6/6/08, MKB 2/7/11, RF 26/8/12, HoV 11/9/14, IAH 12/9/14, IG 14/9/14, WS 20/6/15 o2A 19/9/17, LS 22+23/6/18, Pula 18+19/6/19, RDS.D. 21/8/19, RF 25/8/19. Future: No One Knows
Reply With Quote
  #81531  
Old August 25th 2019, 12:53 AM
Epic Failure's Avatar
Epic Failure Epic Failure is offline
The Cookie Is A Lie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Heart of Transylvania
Posts: 27,932
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo View Post
Kasabian or Frank Turner secret set Iím hearing
Seems a bit unusual to put either of those on that stage, especially given they aren't at the festival already for an announced set.
__________________
Mutare Vel Timere Sperno
Reply With Quote
  #81532  
Old August 25th 2019, 01:01 AM
O.B.gene's Avatar
O.B.gene O.B.gene is offline
I'm Alone Again
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Southend, Essex
Posts: 27,715
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Failure View Post
Seems a bit unusual to put either of those on that stage, especially given they aren't at the festival already for an announced set.
Iím sure I saw a secret Green Day set in a tent a couple of years ago, without them playing anywhere else at the festival.
Reply With Quote
  #81533  
Old August 25th 2019, 09:07 AM
Johnson_Foo's Avatar
Johnson_Foo Johnson_Foo is offline
Right down the drain I goÖ
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: South of England
Posts: 383
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Failure View Post
Seems a bit unusual to put either of those on that stage, especially given they aren't at the festival already for an announced set.
QOTSA werenít the year they had theirs I donít think?
Reply With Quote
  #81534  
Old August 25th 2019, 10:02 AM
BigCol's Avatar
BigCol BigCol is offline
I don't have a cofee problem.
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 7,343
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Yeah that slot can have anyone on it - didnít TCV play it also? Intriguing though.
Reply With Quote
  #81535  
Old August 25th 2019, 06:42 PM
Epic Failure's Avatar
Epic Failure Epic Failure is offline
The Cookie Is A Lie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Heart of Transylvania
Posts: 27,932
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
I’m sure I saw a secret Green Day set in a tent a couple of years ago, without them playing anywhere else at the festival.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson_Foo View Post
QOTSA weren’t the year they had theirs I don’t think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
Yeah that slot can have anyone on it - didn’t TCV play it also? Intriguing though.
Sorry, I should have made my point clearer. Was meaning that it was not the bands themselves turning up at the festival that would be unusual, it would be those bands on the punk stage. My bad.

All three of Queens, Green Day and TCV were in the Radio 1 tent - much, much bigger. They also tend to put more indie things on either festival republic/radio 1, even with secret sets.

Usually when there has been a secret set on the Lock Up in the past it has been a band doing double duty who aren't going to draw as insane a crowd to a tiny tent (I've seen Nofx do it, for example) or a less well known band. The only reason I thought it could be the Foos is the history aspect.

Anyway, turns out it was Bring Me The Horizon.
__________________
Mutare Vel Timere Sperno
Reply With Quote
  #81536  
Old August 28th 2019, 09:45 AM
IamBec's Avatar
IamBec IamBec is offline
Be Kind. Never knowing who to believe
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Liverpool / London UK
Posts: 18,178
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Failure View Post
Sorry, I should have made my point clearer. Was meaning that it was not the bands themselves turning up at the festival that would be unusual, it would be those bands on the punk stage. My bad.

All three of Queens, Green Day and TCV were in the Radio 1 tent - much, much bigger. They also tend to put more indie things on either festival republic/radio 1, even with secret sets.

Usually when there has been a secret set on the Lock Up in the past it has been a band doing double duty who aren't going to draw as insane a crowd to a tiny tent (I've seen Nofx do it, for example) or a less well known band. The only reason I thought it could be the Foos is the history aspect.

Anyway, turns out it was Bring Me The Horizon.
There was also a Bullet for My Valentine secret set.

The same time as The Distillers...
__________________
Formally FooManiac4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie III View Post
T looks like he's been taking hat advice from Becky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_Everlong View Post
If the Dingwalls Gig was a person, it would be Steven Fucking Seagal
Reply With Quote
  #81537  
Old August 28th 2019, 11:09 AM
lharris92's Avatar
lharris92 lharris92 is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: england
Posts: 3,290
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamBec View Post
There was also a Bullet for My Valentine secret set.

The same time as The Distillers...
Had I known it was Bullet at that point when I was watching the Distillers I would have vacated to the Pit...
__________________
Farewell, Godspeed and Goodbye. You have lived and you have changed all our lives.

WS 6/6/08, MKB 2/7/11, RF 26/8/12, HoV 11/9/14, IAH 12/9/14, IG 14/9/14, WS 20/6/15 o2A 19/9/17, LS 22+23/6/18, Pula 18+19/6/19, RDS.D. 21/8/19, RF 25/8/19. Future: No One Knows
Reply With Quote
  #81538  
Old January 9th 2020, 07:18 AM
Epic Failure's Avatar
Epic Failure Epic Failure is offline
The Cookie Is A Lie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Heart of Transylvania
Posts: 27,932
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

*sets flag to half mast*
__________________
Mutare Vel Timere Sperno
Reply With Quote
  #81539  
Old January 9th 2020, 08:28 AM
stu250's Avatar
stu250 stu250 is offline
Never knowing who to believe
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Perched upon Dave's drum riser.
Posts: 11,109
Default Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

Goodnight and God bless, it's been emotional.

Stu.
__________________
"Listen you snot-nose little shit, I was takin' shrapnel in Khe Sanh when you were crappin' in your hands and rubbin' it on your face." Angelo Pappas.


Officially the first of the 86,000 into Wembley Stadium - Saturday 7th June 2008

Member of FFPB 5-a-side Championship title winning side - Hyde Park - 8th June 2008

Winner of FFPB Penalty shoot-out - Hyde Park - 8th June 2008
Reply With Quote
  #81540  
Old January 9th 2020, 08:34 AM
Super Stu's Avatar
Super Stu Super Stu is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Stu
Posts: 334
Unhappy Re: Radio 1 Annoucement?

This reminds me of the time I got chained to a safe full of kryptonite and thrown in the sea - bad times. 🙁
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.