Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 26th 2011, 06:29 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: 'Back And Forth' movie on DVD/Blu-Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllNightLong View Post
I'm really disappointed by the lack of footage from the recording sessions of the new album. We all know the story of the band, why the original idea of a documentary about the new album has changed into a "movie" about the band ?
I see where you're coming from, however given the description and press release, it is exactly what I expected. Perhaps it did not meet the expectations of some, but there was nothing about the hype that led me to believe the film would focus on Wasting Light, but rather the ups and downs of the band and the durability thereof. Hence, "Back and Forth".

Here's the blurb advertising the film:

Quote:
A true chronicling of the triumphs and tragedies of the band's 16 year history, BACK AND FORTH documents FOO FIGHTERS' entire existence: from Dave Grohl's cassette demos to the band forming to play those songs to their ascent to becoming one of the biggest rock bands on the planet--and every Grammy win and sold out show along the way. FOO FIGHTERS BACK AND FORTH features Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Chris Shiflett and Pat Smear recalling every stage of the band's existence more candidly and intimately than ever before--culminating in a behind the scenes look at the direct-to-analog tape sessions in Grohl's garage that produced the new album, WASTING LIGHT.
Here's the trailer: http://youtu.be/JH2KA9-qZKo

That said, the most interesting part of the film, to me, was the part about the inception and production of Wasting Light. It was a unique insight to the band and the creative process that most fans don't get to see. I share your desire to see more of that in particular. I, however, was not disappointed in the film (or the Blu ray Disc) because I feel I got what I paid for and I didn't feel duped.
Old June 26th 2011, 06:46 PM
I'll Stick Around

Theres nothing to be dissapointed of - the movie is in the case.

Very nice blu!

2001 BIZARRE Festival, Weeze, Germany
2005 HIGHFIELD Festival, Erfurt, Germany
2011 GLORIA, Cologne, Germany
Old June 26th 2011, 06:47 PM
Visiting is pretty...

We will ever see a documentary about the recording sessions of a Foo Fighters album ? Something like metallica's "some kind of monster" ? I'm not a fan of metallica but that documentary is amazing.
Old June 27th 2011, 05:36 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Hey,
They showed Back and Forth on TV yesterday, here's a link to watch the documentery:
http://www.tv6play.se/play/248607/?autostart=true
Old June 27th 2011, 06:38 PM
I'm a Muggle Fuggin' Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Give A Fook View Post
Posting a link to an official, copyrighted release = not a good idea.
It's clearly been licensed to be streamed online. Otherwise it wouldn't be on here it's a catch up on demand style thing it'll be gone in a week or so I'm guessing. So it's no harm no foul. Similar to a few weeks back when it was on BBC iPlayer. Perfectly legal and above board.
Old June 27th 2011, 11:01 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Just got off the phone with the Best Buy rep. The Blu-Ray has been taken out of the system and I had to cancel mine. Nice that they tell me, nearly two weeks later.
Old June 27th 2011, 11:37 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

weird. i ordered mine online a few days ago from best buy and just got it today.
Old June 27th 2011, 11:43 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot63 View Post
Just got off the phone with the Best Buy rep. The Blu-Ray has been taken out of the system and I had to cancel mine. Nice that they tell me, nearly two weeks later.
Yeah they are giving you the shaft. My brother just ordered one from Best Buy this morning and already got an email saying it has been shipped.. They are giving you the run around and don't want to admit they screwed up. I would call again and try talking to someone else. Good Luck.
Old June 28th 2011, 12:40 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPark09 View Post
Yeah they are giving you the shaft. My brother just ordered one from Best Buy this morning and already got an email saying it has been shipped.. They are giving you the run around and don't want to admit they screwed up. I would call again and try talking to someone else. Good Luck.

That's pretty crappy then. I had them cancel it and I ordered it somewhere else. They said that it didn't even exist in their system anymore. I told her that I was looking at it on the website a that moment and she said she couldn't explain it. Whatever, it was obvious she didn't know what was going on because she asked me what the cover looked like and I said, "it's black with a red guitar" and she said "a red hwat" (yes, she said it like that). They probably didn't want to give it to me at the $17.99 I pre-ordered it at and want me to pay the new $19.99 price.
Old June 28th 2011, 12:43 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Got my copy for fathers day. My little girl's wide awake so I'm going to pop it on for us to watch :-)
17/11/02 - Newcastle Arena - 09/07/05 - T in the Park - 12/12/05 - Glasgow SECC - 05/11/08 - Newcastle Arena - 07/06/08 - Wembley Stadium - 02/07/11 - Milton Keynes Bowl - 03/07/11 - Milton Keynes Bowl
Old June 28th 2011, 01:43 AM
Been here since before you were born

does anyone know of any easter eggs?
|04/03/96 Concert Hall|07/07/97 Warehouse|10/11/97 Arrow Hall|07/01/98 Molson Park|08/11/00 Molson Park|10/28/02 Much Music|10/29/02 Opera House|07/07/03 Arrow Hall|07/19/03 Sarnia Bayfest|06/16/05 Edge Studio|06/16/05 Lee's Palace|08/13/05 Molson Amph|08/23/06 Hummingbird Centre|11/07/06 ACC|03/20/08 John Labatt Centre|03/22/08 ACC|04/14/11 Nick Dude's Garage|08/09/11 ACC|09/25/11 HSBC Arena|07/08-9/15 Molson Amph|07/12/18 SkyDome|
Old June 28th 2011, 01:58 AM
A star burned out

everyone talking about extras and orders and just now it arrived on our theaters. it was amazing, though. seeing the aftershow in 3D was weirdly cool, it was awesome.

bad thing is the sound on the show, it wasn't as loud as the movie, that was one great fuck up from the exhibitors.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old June 28th 2011, 05:05 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS View Post
everyone talking about extras and orders and just now it arrived on our theaters. it was amazing, though. seeing the aftershow in 3D was weirdly cool, it was awesome.

bad thing is the sound on the show, it wasn't as loud as the movie, that was one great fuck up from the exhibitors.
Same farken issue in the cinema I saw it at.

How hard is it to turn the volume knob up a notch.?
Old September 2nd 2011, 05:44 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Hello Friends I searched for some of the 3D Blu-Ray Players for the reason I want to go for one of them. But now when I have done so much of search work I am actually confused that which one I should go for. Please do suggest me the best one.
Panasonic 3D Blu-Ray Player:
The Panasonic DMP-BDT350 Blu-Ray player is Panasonic's flagship model Blu-Ray player and was announced on January 6,2010 at CES. It is Panasonic's first ever 3D Blu-Ray player and will be the only Blu-Ray player with 3D capability it offers in 2010. In order to use the players 3D capabilities we will need to use 3D TV. Panasonic's first commercially available line of 3D TVs was announced on the same day as the
The Panasonic DMP-BDT350 has Wi-Fi capability to connect to the internet and stream to TV a wide range of internet video content such as from YouTube and Netflix directly from the Blu-Ray player. One thing to keep in mind is that most of the other 3D Blu-Ray players introduced have an Ethernet jack. The Blu-Ray player also has an USB input so to connect storage media such as USB external hard drives with videos and photos and then have them streamed to TV.
Samsung 3D Blu-Ray Player:
The Samsung DP-C6900 Blu-Ray player is Samsung's flagship model Blu-Ray player. It is Samsung's first ever 3D Blu-Ray player and will be the only Blu-Ray player with 3D capability offers in 2010. Due to this player being 3D capable it has a HDMI 1.4 output, keep in mind that
as of today receivers don't have HDMI 1.4 inputs to connect directly to a 3D TV with HDMI 1.4 input. The Samsung BD-C6900 has an Ethernet jack and is Wi-Fi capable so we will be able to connect to the internet and stream to TV a wide range of internet video content such as from YouTube and Netflix.
Toshiba 3D Blu-Ray Player:
The Toshiba BDX3000 has an Ethernet jack and built in Wi-Fi to connect to the internet and stream to TV a wide range of internet video content such as from YouTube and Netflix. Finally the Blu-Ray player has an USB input to connect storage media such as USB external hard drives with videos and photos and then have them streamed to TV.
Sony 3D Blu-Ray Player:
The Sony BDP-S700 Blu-Ray player is Sony's flagship model Blu-Ray player . This Sony 3D Blu-Ray player has the unique capability to be controlled from Iphone or Ipod after a free app download. It also has Precision Cinema HD upscaling which improves the quality of standard definition and internet content. In addition Sony has claimed that this and all of the other Blu-Ray players they introduced start and load faster than ever before.
Old September 2nd 2011, 08:19 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I have been a fan of “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” since the first time I saw it in the theaters in 1993. Since then it has captivated audiences and became a major cult classic. In 2006, it was put back into theaters with new added 3D technology…I was in heaven. Since then it was also released in 2007 through 2009 in 3D during the Halloween season. So when the news was announced that Disney was releasing this film on its pristine Disney 3D Blu-Ray, I was out of my mind. I have to say, I have seen this film probably 100 times but watching it on 3D Blu-Ray was like it was the first time again. I was seeing new things that I have never seen before and hearing things I have never heard before. The picture quality was so clear and bright (despite the fact that most of the film is dark and black). The music was so fantastic in glorious 7.1 surround sound, which Disney never fails to include. I think my neighbors windows shattered for sure with the volume I watched it at. Let me just say that since I received this Blu-Ray, I have in fact watched it 5 times and it is not even September yet. I might need to go out and purchase a new one before Christmas due to wear. If you do not have a 3D TV or Blu-ray, now might be the time to start things about it because this is a release that you do not want to miss. The extras on this disc are jam packed and are similar to the 2008 release. First there is audio commentary by producer Tim Burton, director Henry Selick and composer Danny Elfman from 2008 and it was actually recorded separately. Christopher Lee reads “Tim Burton’s Original Poem”, which inspired the film and is backed by animated concept art.
Old September 2nd 2011, 07:18 PM
You're A Retard Anyway

Wtf?
24/08/02 Read 26/08/02 LdnAstoria
30/08/02 ULU 16/11/02 MEN arena
19/11/02 Schk 19/11/02 NIA
20/11/02 CIA 22/11/02 Wembley
26/11/02 BBC 16/08/03 VFest
10/12/05 Millenn 14/12/05 MEN
17/12/05 Els crt 18/12/05 EarlsCourt
14/06/06 Apollo 16/06/06 Scheck