Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Frequent Post Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 14th 2015, 12:24 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Getting an autograph at a concert

I've been on a mission lately to hunt down an authentic Dave Grohl autograph. My mission started when my wife and I found out that the Dave Grohl autographed drumhead my wife bought me about 10 years ago is a fake. I have no problem with buying a Dave Grohl autograph on eBay, but I do have a problem with buying another fake one. Dave Grohl has so many variations in his signature that I have had trouble figuring out what is good and what is not so good. How do people obtain in person autographs at concerts? I have been to two previous Foo Fighter concerts, and My wife and I will be traveling to Oklahoma City in September to attend the Foo Fighter concert. I know it's a very long shot, but I'm looking for any tips or advice on getting an in person autograph at a Foo Fighter concert, or an autograph that we won't have any doubts about. Any advice is appreciated. I'm in no means looking for a handout or a freebie instead I'm looking for advice from those that have had a little luck at concerts. Thanks in advance.

Austin

Last edited by Idlewild294 : April 14th 2015 at 01:02 AM.
Old April 14th 2015, 06:10 AM
Fooper!

Default Re: Getting an autograph at a concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewild294 View Post
I've been on a mission lately to hunt down an authentic Dave Grohl autograph. My mission started when my wife and I found out that the Dave Grohl autographed drumhead my wife bought me about 10 years ago is a fake. I have no problem with buying a Dave Grohl autograph on eBay, but I do have a problem with buying another fake one. Dave Grohl has so many variations in his signature that I have had trouble figuring out what is good and what is not so good. How do people obtain in person autographs at concerts? I have been to two previous Foo Fighter concerts, and My wife and I will be traveling to Oklahoma City in September to attend the Foo Fighter concert. I know it's a very long shot, but I'm looking for any tips or advice on getting an in person autograph at a Foo Fighter concert, or an autograph that we won't have any doubts about. Any advice is appreciated. I'm in no means looking for a handout or a freebie instead I'm looking for advice from those that have had a little luck at concerts. Thanks in advance.

Austin
The only advice I can give you if you are buying off ebay is to hunt down the wasting Light lithograph which was signed by the whole band or an off camera magazine with Dave on the cover, no.7.
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old April 14th 2015, 08:31 AM
I'll Stick Around

Apologies to the admin if this is too stalkerish, but...

I think your best bet is to hang around before and/or after the concert where the band will enter and exit the venue. If you are lucky they will stop to talk.
Old April 14th 2015, 09:19 AM
Raider of Lost Arks

That's probably about the only way to do it that's not stalkerish - there'll be a fair few people hanging around there I'd have thought so it's just a case of whether the band has time to stop or not.

Old April 14th 2015, 10:01 AM
The Sidekick

When it comes to this sort of thing there is really one clear 'rule'. If a band or band member has publicly announced they will be somewhere, it's fair that a fan might turn up there to try and see them, or get an autograph. So yeah, standing around a venue when you know they will be there is fair enough, bands expect that. What is not cool and perhaps considered 'stalking' is when fans turn up at locations the band have NOT publicly announced they'll be at, such as hotels or airports. Of course if you see them somewhere private by coincidence that's cool, although they may not want to be bothered, especially if they're somewhere with their family.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old April 14th 2015, 07:37 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
When it comes to this sort of thing there is really one clear 'rule'. If a band or band member has publicly announced they will be somewhere, it's fair that a fan might turn up there to try and see them, or get an autograph. So yeah, standing around a venue when you know they will be there is fair enough, bands expect that. What is not cool and perhaps considered 'stalking' is when fans turn up at locations the band have NOT publicly announced they'll be at, such as hotels or airports. Of course if you see them somewhere private by coincidence that's cool, although they may not want to be bothered, especially if they're somewhere with their family.
The whole 'fans showing up at the hotel' thing is what I'd imagine to be one of the hardest parts about being in a pop group, considering they have to deal with that nonstop...super weird.