Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 1st 2018, 05:02 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Got me though a terrible experience

A few years ago my wife was doing her therapy (Cystic Fibrosis) and she started to choke. My daughter called 911 as I was trying to revive my wife. As I was following the ambulance I was thinking what an asshole I was for singing a song in my head while trying to revive her. I then realized what I was singing. Fly along with me because I canít quite make it alone.‬
Old November 2nd 2018, 04:23 AM
Da doo doo doo, da dah dah dah

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockmj View Post
A few years ago my wife was doing her therapy (Cystic Fibrosis) and she started to choke. My daughter called 911 as I was trying to revive my wife. As I was following the ambulance I was thinking what an asshole I was for singing a song in my head while trying to revive her. I then realized what I was singing. Fly along with me because I canít quite make it alone.‬
Is she OK?
Old November 29th 2018, 09:46 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Got me though a terrible experience

Quote:
I am sorry to hear but the title is got you through a tough experience.... hope she is ok!

Also, Foo got me through my brother and dad passing... something about going to Youtube and listening to live shows or the whole discography... I think it has to do with the love and passion Dave and everyone in the band has, really amazing to see them in person... trying to get to the 10th show for me at the SB!
Old December 6th 2018, 10:05 AM
You gotta promise not to stop when I say

Default Re: Got me though a terrible experience

Quote:
A few years ago my wife was doing her therapy (Cystic Fibrosis) and she started to choke. My daughter called 911 as I was trying to revive my wife. As I was following the ambulance I was thinking what an asshole I was for singing a song in my head while trying to revive her. I then realized what I was singing. Fly along with me because I can’t quite make it alone.‬
Hope she's OK bro. And if that singing that song in your head helped you be a husband to her and be there for her in her time of need - then the LAST thing you are is an asshole. Sounds to me like you pulled something out of the box that made you able to man up when shit got real.

I take my hat off to you man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspauf View Post
Also, Foo got me through my brother and dad passing...
Sorry to hear about your Dad and your brother. I can empathise - because the Foo's got me through some difficult experiences too.

In 2005 my wife and I had a very bad experience. But off the back of it we got married. Then after that (little more than a month I think) my Dad died.

This was all around the time the "In Your Honor" album came out. That CD was a crutch to me during that time. My wife and I both say that "DOA" is our song.

When I was grieving for my Dad - I listened to the album "The Color And The Shape" a lot - and for some reason the song "My Hero" really helped.

When I saw them live in 2015 I don't think I've ever gotten more emotional at a concert.

They are the one band I always go to when shit's bad.

Last edited by StuFighter : December 6th 2018 at 10:08 AM.