Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 22nd 2014, 09:06 PM
Run for your life with me

Default Re: "Beat the Bots" is a waste - don't bother

Citi field was awesome. It was handled well and very professionally. I was there early and got the seats I wanted at a fraction of the ticket scalper prices. I am happy and would do it again. Plus, got to meet some other great fans.
There was easily 100 people in front of me when I got there, and I am guessing there was close to 2000 people there.

Sad to hear some people had a bad experience. Citi field was first come first serve and I think that is the best and only fair way to do it. I would be upset too if i waited and didn't get tickets.
Old November 22nd 2014, 09:07 PM
Sparkle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwerty1 View Post
I agree. It was freezing rain here in Michigan...so not worth it. The online pre sale would be better
i was in that line - it wasn't THAT cold you're a michigander! I'm assuming you went later......

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
--James Madison, (1751-1836)

History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.
-Thurgood Marshall, (1908-1993)

Team NIN - Secretary
Old November 22nd 2014, 09:30 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Yeah I was the 175th person to buy tickets at Anaheim. Amazing how all the GOOD seats were gone. I'm talking about sections 209,221,208,222. There are 14 seats per row in each of these sections; there are 17 rows. 1417=238 seats per section. Multiply that by 4 sections and you get 952 seats. If all you could buy was 4 seats. 175 ppl could only buy up 700 seats !! Where are the other 252 seats?? I got section 224 above J row because I was told along with the above mentioned sections, sections 207 & 223 were sold out too!! That's another 476 seats !! So in total there are 728 seats mysteriously gone. I smell scam and deception. SHAME ON YOU DAVE !! Is this the only way to sell bad seats ?? using a sham presale. I would gladly have paid another 50 bucks if that's the only way to buy good seats. All that's happening here is Ticketmaster encouragement to be the ones in control. I will probably sell mine at face value ( I'm no scalper) and spend the bucks for great seats. NOT FROM THE BAND. But from some SCALPER company lol.....Hmmm Dave is a nice guy maybe he didn't know. But if he did...AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Old November 22nd 2014, 09:35 PM
Raider of Lost Arks

Finger Re: "Beat the Bots" is a waste - don't bother

Dave often organises every single ticket sale personally, and has a direct line telling each venue how to sell their tickets. He actually never sleeps, that's how he's in charge of everything himself. He takes particular care to fuck with people in the lines. He's clever like that.

Old November 22nd 2014, 09:37 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictocdoc View Post
Yeah I was the 175th person to buy tickets at Anaheim. Amazing how all the GOOD seats were gone. I'm talking about sections 209,221,208,222. There are 14 seats per row in each of these sections; there are 17 rows. 1417=238 seats per section. Multiply that by 4 sections and you get 952 seats. If all you could buy was 4 seats. 175 ppl could only buy up 700 seats !! Where are the other 252 seats?? I got section 224 above J row because I was told along with the above mentioned sections, sections 207 & 223 were sold out too!! That's another 476 seats !! So in total there are 728 seats mysteriously gone. I smell scam and deception. SHAME ON YOU DAVE !! Is this the only way to sell bad seats ?? using a sham presale. I would gladly have paid another 50 bucks if that's the only way to buy good seats. All that's happening here is Ticketmaster encouragement to be the ones in control. I will probably sell mine at face value ( I'm no scalper) and spend the bucks for great seats. NOT FROM THE BAND. But from some SCALPER company lol.....Hmmm Dave is a nice guy maybe he didn't know. But if he did...AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Shame on Dave....really this was his master plan to sell you a crapy seat.
Old November 22nd 2014, 09:45 PM
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North

Quote:
Did those people get their cookie (chocolate chip, no raisins) with each purchase??
Has Nate been slacking on his baking duties again?
Old November 22nd 2014, 09:51 PM
mildly annoyed and trying new things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testba50 View Post
Not sure the benefit of this process other than saving on ticket fees. I waited 2 hours in Memphis and received bad seats in the back of arena. There weren't that many folks in front of me so I know there are plenty of reserved seats still available. Should have waited until the 5th and bought from phone. Bad move.
I think you're missing the point of the "Beat The Bots" system. For one thing, you were able to get tickets today. Secondly, tickets in your same section will probably be 2-3 times as much on Stubhub. If you had waited until 12/5 you may not have been so lucky to even get a ticket before scalpers buy everything else up. Sorry, you didn't get the premium seats you had hoped for, but at least you didn't get shut out.

I got to the Memphis box office @ 8:15 and by 10:30 I had tickets in hand. I got 4 plaza level tickets. No, they're not right up front but I know I won't get as good of seats had I waited to buy online or at all. Furthermore, the weather was nice and they fed us donuts and coffee. I say the system was a success.
Old November 22nd 2014, 09:53 PM
Fresh Pot

Quote:
I heard this was all an elaborate practical joke and there isn't really any concert.
Old November 22nd 2014, 09:55 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyG View Post
i was in that line - it wasn't THAT cold you're a michigander! I'm assuming you went later......
how did it go at the Palace in Michigan?, i had to work, my mom went to get mine, but later like at noonish. got near the back tickets...
9-19-11 Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI
9-20-11 Quicken Loans Arena Cleveland, OH
8-24-15 DTE Music Theatre Clarkston, MI

TCV: 10-8-09 The Fillmore Detroit, MI

FooFightersLive.com
Old November 22nd 2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhoagie02 View Post
I think you're missing the point of the "Beat The Bots" system. For one thing, you were able to get tickets today. Secondly, tickets in your same section will probably be 2-3 times as much on Stubhub. If you had waited until 12/5 you may not have been so lucky to even get a ticket before scalpers buy everything else up. Sorry, you didn't get the premium seats you had hoped for, but at least you didn't get shut out.

I got to the Memphis box office @ 8:15 and by 10:30 I had tickets in hand. I got 4 plaza level tickets. No, they're not right up front but I know I won't get as good of seats had I waited to buy online or at all. Furthermore, the weather was nice and they fed us donuts and coffee. I say the system was a success.
this should be repeated over and over and over!! Come December 1st---so very very many people will be shut out, not able to get tickets at all because of scalpers. That was the entire point and you stated it perfectly
Old November 22nd 2014, 10:08 PM
The Boss

lol

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old November 22nd 2014, 10:25 PM
Visiting is pretty...

The experience in Memphis was great and well organized as well. My complaint is that I didn't see the point in having this event if I had to wait to get crappy seats. I had 50 folks in front of me, and when I bought my 4, the were in the risers at the back of the arena. I should have at least been in the first half of the arena. Just doesn't make sense and seemed pointless. It's worth it for me to pay the extra ticketmaster fees for better seats.
Old November 22nd 2014, 10:30 PM
Fooper!

If people aren't happy with the seats they are offered, why are people buying them?! The Foos didn't have to organise this and you weren't promised the best seats in the house.Same thing goes for online pre sales.You ain't happy, you don't buy.No one is forcing you to hand your cash over.
Old November 22nd 2014, 10:31 PM

Quote:
The experience in Memphis was great and well organized as well. My complaint is that I didn't see the point in having this event if I had to wait to get crappy seats. I had 50 folks in front of me, and when I bought my 4, the were in the risers at the back of the arena. I should have at least been in the first half of the arena. Just doesn't make sense and seemed pointless. It's worth it for me to pay the extra ticketmaster fees for better seats.
To do them like its normally done, you get on line at the assigned time and compete with 10s of thousands of others for the chance to maybe, possibly get into a virtual waiting room to then compete with scalpers who already bought the good seats. And the chances of you being left empty handed are very real.

That's why.
Old November 22nd 2014, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJ View Post
Agreed. I actually was surprised at how smooth it was. I can't say I quite understand how the seats were blocked off. I purchased mine two hours after sales began. Mine are not horrible by any sense... but I was surprised that best available for lower level reserved was rear right corner 12th row.

I get that they break down certain allocations for each ticket date. This time I think there are three. "Beat the bots", online presale, and general public. I do get that.... but I was still a little surprised based on being told that not THAT many people had been through for today.

I will say this.... the cost? For a concert like this and the most expensive ticket is $75. If people don't see how much money it takes putting on a production like this..... the people you have to pay... security, operations, stage hands, audio, various techs, police, medics, permits.... you really could go on and on.... It's not 'cheap' as a consumer ...that $75 but in comparison to some shows.... and for what you get.... Yeah that is a pretty huge bargain.

It's about the cheapest tickets I've looked at for Xcel or Target Center. Part of me wishes the band would charge more so there would be less demand. But I assume the band keep the price low on purpose, so the audience isn't full of only old farts like me.

For a typical presale via ticketmaster , if you don't get a great ticket in the first few seconds, you will get getting a seat in the first tier back corner or up at club level. So it sounds like they allocated the seats in a similar matter for this presale. I'd bet that you will be happy in a couple of weeks, because you've still got first tier tickets and this will sell out really fast. A bird in the hand . . . .
Old November 22nd 2014, 10:33 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
that sucks man...I was probably around 150ish in line (got there at 630 this am) and got floor seats in Nashville...that's what I wanted.

No way in hell this would have happened if I tried through Ticketmaster...was also very well organized in Nashville too....big turnout, lots of friendly people...had a great time
Old November 22nd 2014, 10:39 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Wen to Toronto this morning. I got there around 8am with my girlfriend. We waited for about 50 minutes and then she went to the back of the line. Was probably about 1000th in line. They ASSURED us that we would all get tickets and told us numerous times that showing up before 9am was not permitted....

Anyways we split up in order to get random numbers and have a better chance. I got my wrist band about 9:15 and she got to the front of the line at 9:37 and they stopped handing out wrist bands when she was 5th in line..meaning she didn't get one. Needless to say we were pretty pissed off. That means if you weren't in line by 8:45am, you got no wrist band...

So they drew a number..670...I was wayyyy behind. Probably ended up about 400th in line and figured I had no chance at GA tickets.. I ended up getting two GA some how and they were selling them well after I got mine. They also sold a TON of good seats all day...I feel really bad for those trying just on the computer sales because there is probably very few good tickets left...
Old November 22nd 2014, 11:06 PM
mildly annoyed and trying new things

Quote:
The point was never to guarantee best in house seats, but guarantee that fans got tickets at face value and not be shut out of online sales only to be forced to pay big $$$ for tickets. I looked on stubhub for shits and giggles...tickets in my row are $300!!! I only paid $77.
Old November 22nd 2014, 11:39 PM
Visiting is pretty...

@joanie, congrats... My brother was on that line and got us great tickets as well.

@Testba... The system doesn't always work the way we want it to, but that doesn't mean you stop trying. There are A LOT of fans that don't have tickets.... Have a great show!

Last edited by tomcrac : November 22nd 2014 at 11:45 PM.
Old November 22nd 2014, 11:55 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I was a pretty good distance back in Nashville - at least 400 ahead of me - and I got first tier, midway back. I don't consider that bad seats at all. Yes, I won't feel anyone's sweat on me, but I'll be there rocking out and not at home wishing. Met some awesome people in line today too. Dare I say, it was a lot of fun?