Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Frequent Post Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 22nd 2011, 08:54 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Meeting members after the show

Anyone know when sound check is for the Pittsburgh show is or any idea when they will be heading in to the arena? Would love to get my Medium Rare Vinyl signed... If you don't want to post here you can PM me. Thanks!
Old September 23rd 2011, 02:59 AM
Have you found your way around

Met Dave before a soundcheck back in 2008 and Taylor after a show later that same year. I met Nate after 2 Sunny Day Real Estate shows in 2009 (and William as well, who could not possibly have been nicer (or chattier!). I've never been able to meet Chris, though TBH the above-mentioned times were the only times I've ever hung out, lookin' to meet anybody.
01/25/08 Memphis 01/26/08 Nashville, TN 02/29/08 Fayetteville, AR 07/19/08 Kansas City, MO 07/20/08 St. Louis 09/25 & 26/2008 Vegas 09/24/09 Sunny Day Real Estate | Chicago 10/05/09 Them Crooked Vultures | Nashville 10/06/09 SDRE | Houston 05/17/10 TCV | Indianapolis 09/16/11 Kansas City 09/17/11 St. Louis 11/07/11 Atlanta 11/08/11 Charlotte 09/22/12 DeLuna Fest
Old September 23rd 2011, 06:04 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Not really fully meeting them but Taylor totally rode the GA line on a bike in Columbus. He even said 'Hi, guys'.
Old September 28th 2011, 06:15 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default I wanna meet the band! :)

Im going to the show in Sydney in December and I really want to meet the guys in person. Is there anyway I can do this? Like come early or stay back or something?

Old September 28th 2011, 06:22 AM

Default Re: I wanna meet the band! :)

find the entrance or stage door, wait there before the show for them to get there for soundcheck, or after the show! worked for me!!
Old November 5th 2011, 05:02 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Any tips to meet the band?

Does anyone know approximately what time the band has been soundchecking on the wasting light tour? All these stories are inspiring me to try to get a photo! Sounds like the guys are as nice as they seem.
Old November 7th 2011, 03:05 PM

Tip:

Buy a large astro-van, darken the windows and wait outside the venue before, during and after the gig. Purchase large aviators and plenty of beef jerky & red bull.
Old November 20th 2011, 12:04 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: I wanna meet the band! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorter View Post
Im going to the show in Sydney in December and I really want to meet the guys in person. Is there anyway I can do this? Like come early or stay back or something?

Great, now I'm confused. I was gonna get there early to start queing but now I don't know if I should get there early to get to the stage door! lol
Old December 16th 2011, 11:02 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I haven't been lucky enough to meet the band yet. But I was lucky enough to meet Taylor before a Coattail Riders show in 2010. He was wicked nice and down to earth. I went to give him a handshake and he was like, "F that bro give me a hug!". The two of us had a 5-10 minute conversation about music.
Old December 17th 2011, 04:49 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Met Chris and had beers with him, he came to Australia some years ago with his band Jackson United was a killer night.

I was buying some merch when Chris walks up and says hey man come meet the band and have a beer or 6.

Was a classic night, oh and from memory they were supporting Jebediah @ the Waterloo (that no longer exists) Another venue eaten up by population growth.
Old December 25th 2011, 03:55 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I seen them behind the auditorium in St Louis but I didn't get to say hello. I would love to have the chance to meet them. They keep putting out awesome music so they will never get small enough to play those 200 300 people venues again haha
Old January 3rd 2012, 10:24 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I am hoping to see FF live soon. I would love to be upfront (most important), but would also love to meet the guys. How early should I get there, and would it be worth losing my place in line to hang around by the stage door in hopes of meeting them? What would you all do?
Old January 4th 2012, 01:20 AM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaRN74 View Post
I am hoping to see FF live soon. I would love to be upfront (most important), but would also love to meet the guys. How early should I get there, and would it be worth losing my place in line to hang around by the stage door in hopes of meeting them? What would you all do?
...if it were me , I wouldn't ask this but whatev ... I would just be grateful for the fact that you have the opportunity to see them live up close- "would it be worth losing your place in line?"- not if you don't get to met them! IMO, I go to rock out&have a blast- my feeling is if it's meant to happen, it will. I haven't met them, am I jealous of those who have? sure, but in my life, that kinda stuff just doesn't happen- ever...& I've learned to be "ok" with that...I think the best way@ most memorable way to meet them is by chance. that's just me...

My name is Travis and I'm from the Ukraine

I'm never as happy as when I'm on that rail.
Old September 9th 2012, 12:02 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Good luck all!