Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 12th 2019, 06:17 PM
How's that for a slice of fried gold?!

Default The One

Loving that the guys have released this on Spotify! I own the single of this but do not listen to it enough!

One of my favourite Foo Fighters songs
Old October 14th 2019, 07:34 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
Loving that the guys have released this on Spotify! I own the single of this but do not listen to it enough!

One of my favourite Foo Fighters songs
Yeah its a great song. I own the Australian single that I bought on import in the UK. It's kind of another forgotten Foo song - especially as far as the live set is concerned. So its great that they have put it on Spotify. The video was cool back in the day as well.

14/09/2014, 23/06/2018

Last edited by mjgm84 : October 14th 2019 at 07:39 PM.
Old October 14th 2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgm84 View Post
Yeah its a great song. I own the Australian single that I bought on import in the UK. It's kind of another forgotten Foo song - especially as far as the live set is concerned. So its great that they have put it on Spotify. The video was cool back in the day as well.
Out of interest, what does yours look like? I have no idea where mine came from!

Id like to see it get back into the set lists.
Old October 14th 2019, 08:14 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
Out of interest, what does yours look like? I have no idea where mine came from!
Its this one except it has a big blue sticker on the case that says "HMV Import" which is where I bought it from: https://www.discogs.com/Foo-Fighters...elease/2176066

That website should be able to tell you which one is yours. Retail copies were only manufactured in Australia and New Zealand. Radio promos were released in other countries such as the US.

However, there is a slight exception that in the UK, only one copy each of six different versions of the single were released - 3" CD, CD, MiniDisc, cassette, 12" vinyl, and 7" vinyl - and were given away as prizes. As such, they have become the most highly sought-after Foo Fighters collectibles. I think the 12" turned up on ebay some years back but no one seems to know what happened to the others which would now be valuable collector's items. Or do they ?

14/09/2014, 23/06/2018

Last edited by mjgm84 : October 15th 2019 at 07:51 PM.
Old October 14th 2019, 09:40 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Its this one except it has a big blue sticker on the case that says "HMV Import" which is where I bought it from: https://www.discogs.com/Foo-Fighters...elease/2176066

That website should be able to tell you which one is yours. Retail copies were only manufactured in Australia and New Zealand. Radio promos were released in other countries such as the US.

However, there is a slight exception that in the UK, only one copy each of six different versions of the single were released - 3" CD, CD, MiniDisc, cassette, 12" vinyl, and 7" vinyl - and were given away as prizes. As such, they have become the most highly sought-after Foo Fighters collectibles. I think the 12" turned up on ebay some years back but know one seems to know what happened to the others which would now be valuable collector's items. Or do they ?
These things will be sitting in the collection of someone like you or I who has no intention of selling.
The Alarm, Glasgow, May
Iron Maiden - Newcastle, May
Iron Maiden - Glasgow Hydro, May
Kiss - Glasgow Hydro, May
Guns 'N' Roses - London, June
Old October 15th 2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:

However, there is a slight exception that in the UK, only one copy each of six different versions of the single were released - 3" CD, CD, MiniDisc, cassette, 12" vinyl, and 7" vinyl - and were given away as prizes. As such, they have become the most highly sought-after Foo Fighters collectibles. I think the 12" turned up on ebay some years back but no one seems to know what happened to the others which would now be valuable collector's items. Or do they ?
Yeah, I knew it was a LTD edition run but as I have no idea where I got mine, I wasnt sure if it would be the same (Im also in the U.K.) mines very used!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish_foo View Post
These things will be sitting in the collection of someone like you or I who has no intention of selling.
Damn right