Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Frequent Post Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old October 7th 2005, 09:00 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Thumbs down Re: In Your Honor--Copy Protected CD Discussion

I'm planning to buy IYH as soon as my paycheck's due, and from what I learned it's not copy "protected" in Norway. Or they could have forgot to put the warning up on the music store's webpage, but they usually take great care in doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaj_uk
DONT FUCKIN COPY THEM ANYWAY- EVEN IF ITS FOR YOUR OWN USE, HAVE YOU ANY IDEA HOW THE MUSIC INDUSTRY SUFFERS BECAUSE OF PIRATES??? IF YOU NEED A COPY SO BAD FOR YOUR CAR THEN BUY 2 OK? WHAT THE HELL WOULD THIS WORLD BE LIKE WITHOUT MUSIC OF ANY KIND- FIGURE IT OUT XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Bear in mind that loads and loads of artists are completely against copy "protection" on their albums (I don't say CDs because by definition it isn't a CD when it has copy protection). And some companies have actually stopped putting copy "protection" on their releases, because they get that it doesn't work anyway.

Many artists understand the importance of people (like me for instance) downloading and listening to music to find out if they like a certain artist, and the internet can in this way actually help artists make more money since more people discover them and then want to buy their music. There are more of these people than the "pirated music ONLY" people, I'm sure. If not, the catastrophe would indeed have hit a long time ago.

PS: sorry if some of the things I wrote here have been mentioned before, I didn't read all of the pages.
Old October 10th 2005, 04:07 AM
The Boss

Default Re: In Your Honor--Copy Protected CD Discussion

http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=8054

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Closed Thread