Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Fotos
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 14th 2010, 04:18 PM
The Boss

Default Private Life Type Fotos

From the FAQ…

What can you post about? Pretty much nothing. It's not that everyone doesn't wish the guys well or that we don't care about their happiness. We here at foofighters.com love the band as much as you do. However, we need to learn to respect the fact that they are allowed to have private lives. A clarification because of recent events:

Dave and I had a discussion a few years back stemming from some over zealous fans that were posting personal stuff related to his wedding. From that point on he wanted nothing about Jordyn on the site. Is it a stretch to believe this extends to any new family members? No, it's not. In an interview situation, Dave picks and chooses what he wishes to share. Since I can't have him sitting her next to me giving me a thumbs up or thumbs down on all the wacky shit you guys say then this is how it's going to be. SO...I don't care what is in the media. He and the rest of the guys PAY for this site to be up and operational. He should not have to pay for something were people disrespect his family or make inappropriate comments related to his wife and any children he will have. I extend this same courtesy to the rest of the band members.

Threads that discuss private life type issues will be closed. Should you have any questions about this feel free to PM or e-mail a board administrator.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond

Last edited by Jill : October 15th 2010 at 04:57 AM.
Old October 14th 2010, 07:08 PM
Never knowing who to believe

Default Re: Private Life Type Fotos

Absolutely right.
Old October 14th 2010, 10:04 PM
A star burned out

yeah, there should be a sticky thread about this, some people just can't get a clue sometimes.

also, sad that this had to be clarified, I didn't see anything happen and I'm glad I didn't because the very few times I saw it, it made me sick. they're one of the greatest bands in the world with quite a catalog of music to be apreciated, why can't you just stick to that? the genuine attention deserving stuff, personal life is just like you and me, relatives and routine, the stuff you know how it is already.

can't wait for the new album and I think I'll keep repeating this until the day I have it in my hands.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old October 14th 2010, 10:28 PM
I'll Stick Around

Well Said....
Old October 15th 2010, 04:56 AM
The Boss

Nothing happened recently but I was scanning the site and thought it needed to be stated regularly in Fotos because there are a lot of pictures of Dave's family available on the internet and I just wanted to sure people couldn't say they weren't warned.

So, you've been warned.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old October 15th 2010, 06:51 AM
FooArchive

I know you can't really differentiate, but Dave & his wife have posed for the press on red carpets multiple times so I can understand that those kind of pics make their way here occasionally.
He's never done that with his kids though (despite turning up to events like Milk&Bookies where he could have) so the only family pics that exist are creepy paparazzi shots. I can't understand people wanting to see those, let alone posting them.

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl

Last edited by pjonze : October 15th 2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old September 2nd 2012, 11:36 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Uh Oh... I tried to post a link and I am not allowed to! bbs.foofighters.com does not allow new users to post links until a minimum post count is reached. This regulation is in place to prevent spam.

Last edited by stede64 : September 2nd 2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old January 22nd 2014, 06:26 AM
Visiting is pretty...

F#@K Re: Private Life Type Fotos

I think because we all love the guys, we feel as tho we are also "family." Well, I didn't see anything from them under my tree. So, just because it's the only cd's I listen to in the car and I'm dieing to get a hold on the new ones doesn't entitle me to invade the private lives of any of them.
Old July 21st 2015, 08:31 PM
Visiting is pretty...

https://vimeo.com/133807529