Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 6th 2017, 04:50 PM
Fooper!

Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
So you mean silver AND gold were sold at the Knoxville show? If that's true then maybe that helps answer the Anthem question. Perhaps they actually did mint BOTH for some (or all?) shows, but then not immediately sell both together in all cases - like waiting to run out of one to sell the other. If that happened then they could easily end up with a bunch of one colour (of two) come back to the store.

I'd say it's just timing as to when they might go up - looks like they have been in show order.
I meant one coin in two colours, bi coloured? They were sold at the show.
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old November 6th 2017, 07:02 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
I meant one coin in two colours, bi coloured? They were sold at the show.
OH - well yes that makes more logical sense - and now I see the Cincinnati one appears to have white highlights. I'm guessing they are painted?
Old November 6th 2017, 07:10 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
OH - well yes that makes more logical sense - and now I see the Cincinnati one appears to have white highlights. I'm guessing they are painted?
Any links to a pic?
O2 Arena,London,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Old November 6th 2017, 07:39 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Any links to a pic?

Old November 6th 2017, 11:18 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

I've started a coins thread:
http://forum.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=171656

Today's work alone has revealed for Greensboro North Carolina there definitely was a coin released sealed in a BAG and another sold in a CASE. Cameras can be very deceiving but while clearly the same design, they look different enough to suggest they are NOT the the same coin.

Also the bagged variant is a very similar style to the DC Anthem gold coin. So Im guessing that was a bagged coin as well. The store on the other hand has only sold the case type of coin as far as Im aware - so the store version is highly likely to be exactly what we are thinking - a different silver coin in a case.

April - is your ALL gold Knoxville coin in the same style as the Anthem one and did it come in a bag or even just NOT in a case? It's looking more and more like there are different cased coin and bagged coin variants for some or all gigs (same design but not the same colours).

Last edited by FooZealand : November 7th 2017 at 12:06 AM.
Old November 7th 2017, 09:29 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Store has had a makeover and we now have a dedicated coins page:
https://shop.foofighters.com/collections/coins
Old November 7th 2017, 09:38 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Snagged this today

Old November 7th 2017, 10:25 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Store has had a makeover and we now have a dedicated coins page:
https://shop.foofighters.com/collections/coins
store makeover is odd... but the coins page I think has been there a couple of days at least.

edit: on that note, I am awaiting a response about a couple of items they were waiting to get into stock... if not refund it will be as really can't be bothered waiting too much longer
House of Vans, 11th September 2014
Islington Assembly Hall, 12th September 2014
Invictus Games, 14th September 2014
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
Future: Pula?

Last edited by lharris92 : November 7th 2017 at 10:28 PM.
Old November 7th 2017, 10:53 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Very nice Mr. Zealand!
Where did you snag the local crew shirt?

Just found this long lost "Foo Man" with the raygun!

Last edited by Gaborart : November 7th 2017 at 10:59 PM.
Old November 7th 2017, 11:53 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborart View Post
Very nice Mr. Zealand!
Where did you snag the local crew shirt?

Just found this long lost "Foo Man" with the raygun!
For those that are wondering - this is a picture of THE REAL "No 1 Exhausted" Man holding THE ACTUAL GUN that was photographed to make the 1995 album cover.

You just dont get any more crazy than that!

My shitty new shirt - that was just from a roadie on eBay lol
Old November 8th 2017, 12:22 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Just because someone has to...

Old November 8th 2017, 03:26 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Snagged this today

And then...

4 pm. I wander off around the Wellington waterfront as I do a lot of evenings. Im down walking around to the Marina just past the TSB Bank Arena.

This dude with long dreadlocks is walking across the big open space walkway over to a rubbish bin directly in front of me. He has a t-shirt on and an open shirt over the top of it, so you can only see the rectangular middle of the shirt.

As he turns round Im about 3 feet away from him and I see this tiny PINK writing - and immediately my brain is screaming NO WAY!!

So I race up to him coz i must be dreaming and nope there it is - plain as can be:

Only I can only see the pink words. And I say "Roadie!" and point at him and then point at my blue/orange 2015 Citi Field shirt "I know that shirt!" And without being able to see the back Im saying 2015!

And at this point he just cracks up laughing and lowers his sunglasses for a second and nods his head.

So on the day I WIN a black 2017 local crew shirt - I RUN INTO a guy WEARING a 2015 local crew shirt just down the street.

OSLO he says still laughing and I'm what the hell is a kiwi doing in Oslo? And we talk for like 15 or 20 minutes. He's actually an Aussie named Dan, and he lived over there for many years and did a lot of the Norwegian shows. He says he only kept shirts for about 6 of the bands - just the ones he really cared about.

He remembers this one well as it was the night before Dave broke his leg in Sweden (looking this up it looks like it was 2 nights before but anyway yes the last gig he was upright). He'd gone home for a bit and then has decided to move and live in NZ. The scandies were a lot more laid back and he loved the work - got to meet Jagger and Bringsteen along the way. The old rock acts were always the best as they always found time for the crew - whereas all the pop acts you never saw them for a moment - which was fine because you never wanted to!

And he recalled how kick ass the Foo crews always were and that they were pretty much the ONLY ones time and again that had the little details all in hand - with a for instance being this damn shirt he said - I got to actually choose my size because they did them in a range of sizes, almost all the bands just throw and XL at you.

And I said yeah I know I have a couple in a few differnt sizes for 2015 - and they did them in - and he finished for me...different colours. And we both laughed. And then there on the Wellington waterfront in the sunshine he told me something I had no idea about - the different colours were not for different shows as I had assumed but for the different areas of each crew - truck support, lighting, riggers, sound, video, cabling runners. And Im like DOH.. of course, that makes SO much more sense!

I tell him who I am and a bit about me and we say we'll look out for each other.

Just another standard Foo karma day!
Old November 8th 2017, 04:36 AM
Fooper!

Quote:
I've started a coins thread:
http://forum.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=171656

Today's work alone has revealed for Greensboro North Carolina there definitely was a coin released sealed in a BAG and another sold in a CASE. Cameras can be very deceiving but while clearly the same design, they look different enough to suggest they are NOT the the same coin.

Also the bagged variant is a very similar style to the DC Anthem gold coin. So Im guessing that was a bagged coin as well. The store on the other hand has only sold the case type of coin as far as Im aware - so the store version is highly likely to be exactly what we are thinking - a different silver coin in a case.

April - is your ALL gold Knoxville coin in the same style as the Anthem one and did it come in a bag or even just NOT in a case? It's looking more and more like there are different cased coin and bagged coin variants for some or all gigs (same design but not the same colours).
The anthem one seems to have black in it? My coin is all gold, in a case,no bag.
O2 Arena,London,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Old November 8th 2017, 04:44 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
And then...

4 pm. I wander off around the Wellington waterfront as I do a lot of evenings. Im down walking around to the Marina just past the TSB Bank Arena.

This dude with long dreadlocks is walking across the big open space walkway over to a rubbish bin directly in front of me. He has a t-shirt on and an open shirt over the top of it, so you can only see the rectangular middle of the shirt.

As he turns round Im about 3 feet away from him and I see this tiny PINK writing - and immediately my brain is screaming NO WAY!!

So I race up to him coz i must be dreaming and nope there it is - plain as can be:

Only I can only see the pink words. And I say "Roadie!" and point at him and then point at my blue/orange 2015 Citi Field shirt "I know that shirt!" And without being able to see the back Im saying 2015!

And at this point he just cracks up laughing and lowers his sunglasses for a second and nods his head.

So on the day I WIN a black 2017 local crew shirt - I RUN INTO a guy WEARING a 2015 local crew shirt just down the street.

OSLO he says still laughing and I'm what the hell is a kiwi doing in Oslo? And we talk for like 15 or 20 minutes. He's actually an Aussie named Dan, and he lived over there for many years and did a lot of the Norwegian shows. He says he only kept shirts for about 6 of the bands - just the ones he really cared about.

He remembers this one well as it was the night before Dave broke his leg in Sweden (looking this up it looks like it was 2 nights before but anyway yes the last gig he was upright). He'd gone home for a bit and then has decided to move and live in NZ. The scandies were a lot more laid back and he loved the work - got to meet Jagger and Bringsteen along the way. The old rock acts were always the best as they always found time for the crew - whereas all the pop acts you never saw them for a moment - which was fine because you never wanted to!

And he recalled how kick ass the Foo crews always were and that they were pretty much the ONLY ones time and again that had the little details all in hand - with a for instance being this damn shirt he said - I got to actually choose my size because they did them in a range of sizes, almost all the bands just throw and XL at you.

And I said yeah I know I have a couple in a few differnt sizes for 2015 - and they did them in - and he finished for me...different colours. And we both laughed. And then there on the Wellington waterfront in the sunshine he told me something I had no idea about - the different colours were not for different shows as I had assumed but for the different areas of each crew - truck support, lighting, riggers, sound, video, cabling runners. And Im like DOH.. of course, that makes SO much more sense!

I tell him who I am and a bit about me and we say we'll look out for each other.

Just another standard Foo karma day!
I got a green and a blue one from that tour. I like the 2017 ones better though. The 2015 ones were like construction crew bright.
Old November 8th 2017, 04:45 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
The anthem one seems to have black in it? My coin is all gold, in a case,no bag.
I received a DC coin yesterday and it has been the only one in a bag for me. It's also not silver. It's a darker gold with black accents. All the others have been in a case.
Old November 8th 2017, 05:16 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let It Die View Post
I got a green and a blue one from that tour. I like the 2017 ones better though. The 2015 ones were like construction crew bright.
Yes there are definitely yellow and orange as well and Im guessing black. Haven't been to a gig this year but I know there are Purple, Yellow and now Black. Bound to be others.

He was pretty sure there were no hard and fast rules as to what crew companies used for which activity - so it possible changes form place to place. I find it funny that hard ass riggers climbing around gantries and hanging on ropes might be in pink shirts
Old November 9th 2017, 10:12 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

40 inch wide Australian promo pre-order banner poster for the JB Hi-Fi CalJam contest. $5.00

Old November 10th 2017, 09:11 AM

Having to chase up the UK store as they haven't responded to an email of mine from last week. Oh fun.
Old November 10th 2017, 09:27 AM

On an unrelated note, have noticed on fleabay, people have been selling their sets of the dolls from the deluxe bundle, minimum price was 49.99 as a buy now and then some others which were 70+
Old November 11th 2017, 05:24 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

A couple of signed Shifty posters given to me by a friend.