Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Foo Side Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old July 15th 2010, 06:26 AM
Cassandra's Avatar
Cassandra Cassandra is offline
Holds pencils incorrectly
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: California
Posts: 9,788
Default Re: Chris Shiflett And The Dead Peasants Opening For Jesse Malin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_gravity View Post
Did anyone happen to get the iTunes pre-order bonus track? PM me please if you can share!
No, 'cause it's a countrified version of Lifeboat.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old July 15th 2010, 12:52 PM
Skezz's Avatar
Skezz Skezz is offline
I'm a Muggle Fuggin' Wizard
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Coventry
Posts: 11,026
Default Re: Chris Shiflett And The Dead Peasants Opening For Jesse Malin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory Grace View Post
Has anyone else got the physical copy?
I had to lol - Chris Shiflett and the Dead Peasants with Special guests Lost Kittenz. Now that I wanna see.
Yeah I've got it I just didn't get around to grabbing a copy until yesterday.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old July 15th 2010, 02:07 PM
wicked_gravity's Avatar
wicked_gravity wicked_gravity is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,572
Default Re: Chris Shiflett And The Dead Peasants Opening For Jesse Malin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
No, 'cause it's a countrified version of Lifeboat.
That would be fine by me. I bought a physical copy and would love to add this to the playlist at the end on my ipod. Share please!
__________________
-------------------------
Gonna find my way to heaven
'Cause I did my time in hell
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old July 15th 2010, 02:35 PM
geo.'s Avatar
geo. geo. is offline
Grave Rohl
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Meowbourne
Posts: 8,790
Default Re: Chris Shiflett And The Dead Peasants Opening For Jesse Malin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_gravity View Post
That would be fine by me. I bought a physical copy and would love to add this to the playlist at the end on my ipod. Share please!
Ack no. Don't taint your appreciation for lovely Jackson. I couldn't even listen to the whole thing.
__________________
I feel awful, let's do it again!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old July 15th 2010, 08:47 PM
wicked_gravity's Avatar
wicked_gravity wicked_gravity is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,572
Default Re: Chris Shiflett And The Dead Peasants Opening For Jesse Malin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory Grace View Post
Ack no. Don't taint your appreciation for lovely Jackson. I couldn't even listen to the whole thing.
You have it? Please share! I have the Taylor Hawkins iTunes Bonus track which I could trade in return.
__________________
-------------------------
Gonna find my way to heaven
'Cause I did my time in hell
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old July 15th 2010, 09:08 PM
Cassandra's Avatar
Cassandra Cassandra is offline
Holds pencils incorrectly
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: California
Posts: 9,788
Default Re: Chris Shiflett And The Dead Peasants Opening For Jesse Malin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_gravity View Post
You have it? Please share! I have the Taylor Hawkins iTunes Bonus track which I could trade in return.
No, she doesn't. It was streaming somewhere a while back.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old July 16th 2010, 09:23 AM
geo.'s Avatar
geo. geo. is offline
Grave Rohl
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Meowbourne
Posts: 8,790
Default Re: Chris Shiflett And The Dead Peasants Opening For Jesse Malin!

What Cass said ^
Do not want.
__________________
I feel awful, let's do it again!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old July 19th 2010, 11:49 PM
Skezz's Avatar
Skezz Skezz is offline
I'm a Muggle Fuggin' Wizard
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Coventry
Posts: 11,026
Default Re: Chris Shiflett And The Dead Peasants Opening For Jesse Malin!

Blog Post I wrote about TCV Brixton/ TCR Manc & Chris & DP album
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old July 21st 2010, 05:37 AM
trevgreg's Avatar
trevgreg trevgreg is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,151
Default Re: Chris Shiflett And The Dead Peasants Opening For Jesse Malin!

Anybody have a copy of the set list Chris is playing at these shows? Or even better... is he just playing stuff off the Dead Peasants album or is he also throwing in a Jackson United song or two as well?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old July 24th 2010, 11:10 PM
Cosmo's Avatar
Cosmo Cosmo is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 965
Default Re: Chris Shiflett And The Dead Peasants Opening For Jesse Malin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgreg View Post
Anybody have a copy of the set list Chris is playing at these shows? Or even better... is he just playing stuff off the Dead Peasants album or is he also throwing in a Jackson United song or two as well?
...
They played every song they know (at the time) in Hermosa Beach, CA. on 10July2010... here is the setlist:
Helsinki
Burning Lights (Joe Strummer)
Bandaged
Not Going Down Alone
Lifeboat
Break Every Heart I Can (Mearle Haggard)
Long Black Limo
An Atheist's Prayer
Baby, Let It Out (extended jam included)
God Damn
Sunset
Get Along
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old July 25th 2010, 01:11 AM
mingo05's Avatar
mingo05 mingo05 is offline
Colors inside the lines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Iowa City, Ohio, the great potato state
Posts: 25,150
Default Re: Chris Shiflett And The Dead Peasants Opening For Jesse Malin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
...
They played every song they know (at the time) in Hermosa Beach, CA. on 10July2010... here is the setlist:
Helsinki
Burning Lights (Joe Strummer)
Bandaged
Not Going Down Alone
Lifeboat
Break Every Heart I Can (Mearle Haggard)
Long Black Limo
An Atheist's Prayer
Baby, Let It Out (extended jam included)
God Damn
Sunset
Get Along
I'm so looking forward to this! Chicago in one week (my birthday!), NYC in 3 weeks. I was hoping he'd do Baby, Let It Out. Thanks Cosmo. Can I tell Chris "Hi" from you? It's always a good show when Cosmo is in the house!
__________________
aka Cheryl from Iowa

*wears a helmet at all times*
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old July 26th 2010, 10:09 PM
Cosmo's Avatar
Cosmo Cosmo is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 965
Default Re: Chris Shiflett And The Dead Peasants Opening For Jesse Malin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingo05 View Post
I'm so looking forward to this! Chicago in one week (my birthday!), NYC in 3 weeks. I was hoping he'd do Baby, Let It Out. Thanks Cosmo. Can I tell Chris "Hi" from you? It's always a good show when Cosmo is in the house!
...
Please do... tell Chris that Cosmo says, 'Hey...'.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old August 2nd 2010, 02:03 PM
Emily's Avatar
Emily Emily is offline
Everywhere But Home
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Foo Jersey
Posts: 6,425
Default Re: Chris Shiflett And The Dead Peasants Opening For Jesse Malin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory Grace View Post
Has anyone else got the physical copy?
I had to lol - Chris Shiflett and the Dead Peasants with Special guests Lost Kittenz. Now that I wanna see.
I just got my copy finally and I thought the same thing - just saw that... interesting. Did anyone go to that?? i REALLY wanna hear about/see that!

looking at the pictures - wondering what significance of the building labeled Hotel Potter is with the circle around one of the rooms ??

I'm seeing Chris in less than two weeks!
__________________
87+ Foo Fighters Shows...
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old August 2nd 2010, 02:21 PM
geo.'s Avatar
geo. geo. is offline
Grave Rohl
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Meowbourne
Posts: 8,790
Default Re: Chris Shiflett And The Dead Peasants Opening For Jesse Malin!

I assume its just a bit of a joke because Chris and his bassist Luke Tierney, also a member of Lost Kittenz, have 'reunited' in the Dead Peasants. I don't think it actually happend.
__________________
I feel awful, let's do it again!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old August 2nd 2010, 03:40 PM
Emily's Avatar
Emily Emily is offline
Everywhere But Home
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Foo Jersey
Posts: 6,425
Default Re: Chris Shiflett And The Dead Peasants Opening For Jesse Malin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory Grace View Post
I assume its just a bit of a joke because Chris and his bassist Luke Tierney, also a member of Lost Kittenz, have 'reunited' in the Dead Peasants. I don't think it actually happend.
That must be it!
__________________
87+ Foo Fighters Shows...
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old November 9th 2010, 07:47 PM
FrerveDacerie FrerveDacerie is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2
Default Chris Shiflett And

Uh Oh... I tried to post a link and I am not allowed to! bbs.foofighters.com does not allow new users to post links until a minimum post count is reached. This regulation is in place to prevent spam.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.