Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 12th 2016, 04:16 PM
These are my famous last words

Default Re: News - Dave broke his leg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wol View Post
You donut
Doughnut

Old February 13th 2016, 12:50 PM
Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezbot View Post
Doughnut

Ooops yeah, that's what I meant
Old April 9th 2016, 08:51 AM
How Do You Do

Axl Rose broke his foot, and used Dave's throne last night. And Dave was at the GnR concert. How times have changed.

http://www.*****************.net/wat...-guns-n-roses/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwUVxzOfV3A

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old April 9th 2016, 12:52 PM
Raider of Lost Arks

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
Axl Rose broke his foot, and used Dave's throne last night. And Dave was at the GnR concert. How times have changed.

http://www.*****************.net/wat...-guns-n-roses/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwUVxzOfV3A
Could probably make a lot of money renting it out.

Old April 9th 2016, 06:13 PM
I...I'm a new day rising...

Dave also could probably make a ton of money off of producing his throne as home decor for the guitar/rocker enthusiast.
Old April 12th 2016, 07:40 PM

A friend of mine who loves GnR but hates FF is gonna be peeved when he sees this. Can't wait to show him! I hope Axl's still using it when my friend goes to see them
Old April 12th 2016, 11:04 PM
Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezbot View Post
A friend of mine who loves GnR but hates FF is gonna be peeved when he sees this. Can't wait to show him! I hope Axl's still using it when my friend goes to see them
Who the fuck hates FF and why?
Old April 13th 2016, 10:47 AM
A star burned out

Free advertising
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old April 13th 2016, 12:44 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Quote:
GnR fans are notoriously insular....they don't like anyone who isn't GnR.
Old April 13th 2016, 01:16 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
bullcrap, I suppose you could call me a GnR fan but I'm a fan of so many other bands and artists.

I post at a GnR forum as well and I can honestly say your comment makes no sense. I've actually noticed that a lot of GnR fans are very critical of GnR. It's not like here where most Foo fans worship everything Dave and the band does. GnR fans are GnR's worst critics. And rightly so, because it's not easy being a fan of that band with all the bullshit that goes along with them.

Quote:
Uhm, maybe hate is a strong word, but not everyone likes the Foos...

Last edited by paid mourner : April 13th 2016 at 01:41 PM.
Old April 13th 2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paid mourner View Post
bullcrap, I suppose you could call me a GnR fan but I'm a fan of so many other bands and artists.

I post at a GnR forum as well and I can honestly say your comment makes no sense. I've actually noticed that a lot of GnR fans are very critical of GnR. It's not like here where most Foo fans worship everything Dave and the band does. GnR fans are GnR's worst critics. And rightly so, because it's not easy being a fan of that band with all the bullshit that goes along with them.

Uhm, maybe hate is a strong word, but not everyone likes the Foos...
I know several 'super GnR fans' (their words not mine) and they have a very closed off attitude to any other music. There are plenty of GnR fans who are not of that ilk but a lot that are, in my experience.

Your comment that most Foo fans worship Dave and the bad is equally nonsensical....there are plenty of Foo fans who criticize the band and their music.
Old April 13th 2016, 01:49 PM
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North

Quote:
I know several 'super GnR fans' (their words not mine) and they have a very closed off attitude to any other music. There are plenty of GnR fans who are not of that ilk but a lot that are, in my experience.

Your comment that most Foo fans worship Dave and the bad is equally nonsensical....there are plenty of Foo fans who criticize the band and their music.
There are a number of us who do this at the show.
Old April 13th 2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:

That's why I said ''most'', would be strange to generalize about something like this. I'm not saying Foo Fighters fans don't criticize at all.

I'm just speaking from my own experience... I don't see half as much criticism on here about the Foo Fighters than what you can read on some GnR forums. And I think that's only normal... as I already said.

Foo Fighters are VERY respectful towards their fanbase, and with GnR... well, let's say not so much. Since their ''reunion'' they haven't done any press to inform the fans on the Izzy and Steven situation, and let's not even start about Axl's strange behaviour in the past concerning being on time, etc., etc.

I totally comprehend that GnR fans are way more critical than the average Foo fan in general. I mean, it would be odd if that wouldn't be the case, right?

Saying that a lot of GnR fans have a ''closed off attitude to any other music'' as you put it... well, from my experience that's not the case, although I'm sure there are fans who are like that, like with any band. Just look at the ''other bands'' sub-forum on some of the better GnR forums. Those forums get way more topics and reactions than on here, although I'm sure this is not the best example. But anyway, it's impossibe to argue about this.

Last edited by paid mourner : April 13th 2016 at 02:30 PM.
Old April 13th 2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
But anyway, it's impossible to argue about this.
Agreed - there are fans of varying degrees of bias for both bands.

And yes Axl is definitely a strange one.......has he been on time for the shows so far??
Old April 13th 2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Agreed - there are fans of varying degrees of bias for both bands.

And yes Axl is definitely a strange one.......has he been on time for the shows so far??
I think he has been on time... I don't think Duff and Slash, both sober and clean this time around, are going to put up with that again. When they were negotiating this ''reunion'' I can only assume this issue was brought to the table because they hated Axl's lateness as much as anyone.
Old April 14th 2016, 04:24 AM
Grave Rohl

Quote:

I was impressed with the fact that he didn't use his broken foot as any kind of excuse to weasel out of any responsibilities! It seems to me that he's actually making a conscious effort not to piss anyone off.
Old April 14th 2016, 08:00 AM
Monkey

Quote:
Since their ''reunion'' they haven't done any press to inform the fans on the Izzy and Steven situation, ......
There is no way Steve Adler could play again, if you've seen any interview with him in the last 15 years, he is on par with Ozzy in terms of mobility and coordination. I know it was the drugs he's done, but still, poor guy!

If anyone was to drum I'd have thought it would be Matt Sorum, but he's said he's not been asked, and could be busy with Hollywood Vampires too.

No idea on Izzy he could just not be into it like Queen Bassist John Deacon.

Quote:
I think he has been on time... I don't think Duff and Slash, both sober and clean this time around, are going to put up with that again. When they were negotiating this ''reunion'' I can only assume this issue was brought to the table because they hated Axl's lateness as much as anyone.
I'd agree, there will be an airtight contract on this. If they are late on, Axl doesn't get paid or something. Lets be honest, as with most reunions, this is all about the money!

2011 - Milton Keynes
2008 - Wembley
2007 - The O2
2006 - Hyde Park
2005 - Earls Court
Old April 14th 2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon84 View Post
There is no way Steve Adler could play again, if you've seen any interview with him in the last 15 years, he is on par with Ozzy in terms of mobility and coordination. I know it was the drugs he's done, but still, poor guy!
Apparently he's been clean for some time now (yeah...), and when you watch recent shows of him, you must agree that he can still drum. Can he play the more technical stuff from Use Your Illusion and Chinese Democracy? Who knows... probably not, he wasn't the most technical drummer to begin with, but he definitely brought the GnR sound and vibe. That changed completely when they fired him. I think most fans realize having Steven onboard full time isn't going to work, but he could go on stage for the Appetite songs and then let someone else do the rest. That's what they also did when they performed at the RHOF, he mixed it up with Matt Sorum.

No one knows what the deal with Izzy is... I can't imagine Izzy wanting to tour that much anyway, he hasn't done a proper tour since the early 90s, I don't think he wants to be part of something that big again and prefers to do things on his own terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon84 View Post
I'd agree, there will be an airtight contract on this. If they are late on, Axl doesn't get paid or something. Lets be honest, as with most reunions, this is all about the money!
I don't know if it's all about the money. I'd like to think that it's about more than that. Say what you will about Axl, but he always went his own way (most of the times for the worst). During the Use Your Illusion tour he went onstage late almost every night and they barely even made any money because of the fines they had to pay, but Axl sure as hell didn't care. I don't think he was ever driven by money.

Last edited by paid mourner : April 14th 2016 at 02:06 PM.
Old April 14th 2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
He finds Dave very calculating and phony. I completely disagree, of course!

Quote:
That's not it at all. He simply doesn't care for Dave or the music.