Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 6th 2011, 05:34 AM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: Documentary feed is fucked up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellis View Post
Here was my experience in the Detroit area-

Started 20 mins late, we saw double screen the WHOLE TIME. One image on the left, another on the right. The movie starts and all is going well except the dual image thing. 15 mins into it management of the theater comes in and offers everyone a free movie ticket and says they are working with cinedigm to fix the issue. Later in the movie it goes to a green screen for a few minutes as were told cinedigm was rebooting something. Whatever they did fixed nothing, as it came up exactly the same. Anyway, movie ends, 3 min timer until live feed starts. Live feed starts and we get to see it all, only problem is that its not in 3d. Everyone takes off their glasses and watches it normally (except the fact that theres two images).

In the end they gave everyone a refund and a free movie pass.

In total we missed about 10 minutes of the movie and the 3D performance was not in 3d. Bummer.

Other than that, new music was awesome and studio 606 looked cool the way they had all the old banners in the background.
Mike we must have been at the same theatre, Sterling Heights? I wish i would of known.... could have caught up with you, didn't know you were still staying in this area... not sure if you remember me even haha.
9-19-11 Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI
9-20-11 Quicken Loans Arena Cleveland, OH
8-24-15 DTE Music Theatre Clarkston, MI

TCV: 10-8-09 The Fillmore Detroit, MI

FooFightersLive.com
Old April 6th 2011, 05:36 AM
Visiting is pretty...

What's sort of odd is that the Cinedigm test screen was working fine in Las Vegas from 5:05pm until about 5:40pm, then it slowly started scrambling then went to a blank screen with an occasional flicker. We missed out on the first hour of the documentary then the video finally came on, but there was a lot of hiccups in the feed for the rest of the show.

Is it just me, or was the "live concert" just "previously recorded live"? Would have hoped they would have known and apologized for all the glitches if it was truly a live performance. The 3D aspect was relatively nice.

I believe the people who bailed before the video came on got refunds, those of us who stuck it out until the end did not, just a coupon for another regular movie.

IMHO once they fill in the blanks for a full US tour, they should give all of us who went through this a special presale code!
Old April 6th 2011, 05:38 AM
I'll Stick Around

Drove over 2 hours TO and FROM the theater for nothing.
Old April 6th 2011, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity FooFan View Post

Is it just me, or was the "live concert" just "previously recorded live"? Would have hoped they would have known and apologized for all the glitches if it was truly a live performance.
Ooh, good point. I was curious about whether it was really live or just shown simultaneously in theaters. You would expect a heartfelt apology or at least some funny remarks if it was really live.
Old April 6th 2011, 05:42 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Epic fail on the part of Cinedigm. We saw flashes of double images and then after an hour and fifteen minutes given refunds.
Old April 6th 2011, 05:42 AM
Have you found your way around

So we got to watch the second hour of the documentary. It was good. The concert looked "pre-recorded," only because nothing was said about the stream being fucked up. The concert wasn't in 3D as promoted. As hyped as this "one night only" show was supposed to be I was really disappointed in the delivery. I'm not blaming the band but it does reflect poorly on them. I don't know anything about the reputation of Carmike theaters nor their history but tonight's fuck up was a major black eye, in my opinion. I was able to get a refund so I'm not too upset. The couple that sat next to us drove 3 hours from Joplin,MO. I feel bad for them. Oh well, nothing in life is guaranteed right?
Old April 6th 2011, 05:46 AM
I'll Stick Around

wow!!! i'm sorry to hear about this. makes me feel a little better for deciding not to go (i'm way too busy with school and i would have had to drive like 2 hours). it's really unfortunate but hopefully the foos will do something to make up for it.

So was it all Carmike theaters that were supposed to be showing this? Is that why it was playing in such horrible locations?

It makes me feel a lot better if the concert wasn't really a concert.
Visiting is pretty...

Show locations: Fairfax, Va

Our show was only delayed 20 min. I think it was being broadcast simultaneously across the country. I thought it was great and the 3D in our theater was awesome. The only thing that would have made the concert more "real" is if we could feel the sweat coming from dave when he was rocking out in front of the camera

Last edited by FooFanForever04052011 : April 6th 2011 at 05:48 AM. Reason: addtional relevant information
Old April 6th 2011, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Foo View Post
Drove over 2 hours TO and FROM the theater for nothing.
Wow, I'm really sorry about that. It puts my experience in perspective.
Old April 6th 2011, 05:51 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Theater in Ft Collins got stuck on a 2 minute loop of dave saying "girl bands" till the point where the whole theater was on the floor laughing. downhill from there.

when the concert came on we had to flip our glasses upside down to make it work, i gave up after rope =(

walked outside and someone at the register just handed me my 21$ and a free movie pass.

worth it.
Old April 6th 2011, 05:54 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Krikorian @ Buena Park, CA

I left around 8:20. Did it ever end up coming on?

Btw - hello to everyone in theatre 18!
At least we were able to meet each other!
Old April 6th 2011, 05:55 AM
I'll Stick Around

I don't understand how everyone's experiences have varied so greatly.
Old April 6th 2011, 05:57 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Talking Re: Documentary feed is fucked up!!!

260 miles driven by my friend and I and no movie. Luckily for us it was in the middle of an outlet mall! Not sp lucky for our husbands.
Old April 6th 2011, 05:58 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

after about a 15 minute delay.... it started up fine at the theatre in Fairfax, no issues with the live 3D concert..

I feel bad for everyone who didn't get to see everything.. that company sucks whoever put this on!
Old April 6th 2011, 05:59 AM

So sorry to hear that some of you guys got sent home and had so many technical difficulties. I don't understand why the movie itself had to be streamed.

My experience at the Chelsea Cinema in Manhattan:

Hung out with the lovely Sara Luke. The people sitting next to her were the ones that alerted the FUCKING STAFF that there was a 3D portion and maybe we should get 3D glasses. I was nervous that something would go wrong with the feed of the live portion, but was really surprised that it happened with the actual film.

Local radio DJs MATT PINFIELD and Leslie Fram came out to intro the movie, and introduced a guy named Adam from the Cinedigm company.

We also started about 20 minutes late. The movie suddenly kicked in and it was super exciting once it did come on. Just as it was about to climax into some integral storylines, the screen/sound began to skip OVER AND OVER AND OVER for probably 2 minutes. Really loudly. It was slightly comical and extremely haunting. They shut it down and we waited many more minutes before it finally came back.

The rest of it played fine without a glitch. I wasn't too thrilled when it was announced this would be in 3D because most 3D movies I've seen have been total bullshit quality, but I was really pleased with the quality of ours for the concert. Really felt like you could touch Dave's guitar or Taylor's cymbals. The instant that portion started, I didn't believe for a second that it was LIVE live. Although the backdrops looked rad and the band rallied through a ton of heavy songs at an impressive pace.

It's too bad it got so messed up in quite a few places. Sorry everybody.

***Thank you to the band and management for arranging this, and allowing us into the very private lives of these musicians.

"Dave has a crush on Taylor" ~Howard Stern 4.11.11
Old April 6th 2011, 06:00 AM
Tommy, minus the pinball mastery.

Did anyone here go to the Carmike 10 theater in Asheville, NC? That was the closest one to me and I would've gone if I could. I just wanted to know what happened in that theater. Did they screw it up or what?
Old April 6th 2011, 06:04 AM

Brooklyn showing fucked up for about an hour, then showed the last half perfectly. The concert also worked fine and was fucking sweet. I was pissed about missing the first half of the doc, but now I feel fortunate knowing that the whole thing was called out elsewhere! The staff of the theater also seemed to think that the concert was supposed to come before the doc...I guess they had no idea what was going on.

There was a funny moment though after about 40 minutes of waiting for it to start where someone yelled out "this is taking forever-long." I feel like people were in decent spirits despite the confusion.
Old April 6th 2011, 06:08 AM
Run for your life with me

NJ started about 15 minutes late, but that was because they were syncing up the whole country.

Film was f'n awesome, concert was cool. Worth every penny.

Too bad for the people that had the problems at the theatre.
Old April 6th 2011, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo_Kow View Post
I feel like people were in decent spirits despite the confusion.
Same. There was some groaning but for the most part people were civil and understanding. The ushers just unfortunately had to be messengers for things that weren't their fault.

I knew in my gut the movie was going to be good, but was even more impressed than I expected. I know all this crap from tonight sucks, but it's worth the wait for it to hit VH1 and Palladia on Fri.

"Dave has a crush on Taylor" ~Howard Stern 4.11.11