Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 21st 2017, 09:18 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default "Foo Fighters Joined By ‘One Of The Biggest Pop Stars In The World’ On New Album"

Hey, been a while

Didn't see this anywhere here - http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...gold-new-album

Speaking with BBC Radio 1’s Annie Mac, Grohl revealed Concrete and Gold will feature numerous guests, including “some that will really surprise you.” He continued, “There’s one who is probably the biggest pop star in the world and -- I’m not kidding -- sings backup on one of the heaviest songs on the record, and we're not telling anybody who it is.”

Makes me nervous, though what we've heard so far is promising. And I guess back in the day I was probably nervous about Norah Jones too

WAIT UNTIL MY BOMB GOES OFF

Last edited by Simon : June 21st 2017 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Tidying :)
Old June 21st 2017, 09:26 PM
How Do You Do

Default Re: "Foo Fighters Joined By ‘One Of The Biggest Pop Stars In The World’ On New Album"

'you're bad'

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old June 21st 2017, 09:27 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: "Foo Fighters Joined By ‘One Of The Biggest Pop Stars In The World’ On New Album"

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
'you're bad'
You know it

Old June 21st 2017, 09:37 PM
The Sidekick

Cha'mone!

Yeah, discussion for the album including this is in the other thread but this is an important sub-topic IMO and warrants it's own discussion, so I'll leave it open. Not like we've gone too many threads active at the minute any way.

However yes, that website is banned here because of poor quality and clickbait articles, so i've edited in another source.

welcome back to the board Steve.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old June 21st 2017, 09:43 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Cha'mone!

Yeah, discussion for the album including this is in the other thread but this is an important sub-topic IMO and warrants it's own discussion, so I'll leave it open. Not like we've gone too many threads active at the minute any way.

However yes, that website is banned here because of poor quality and clickbait articles, so i've edited in another source.

welcome back to the board Steve.
Welcome back?? I mean I've only been gone...what? 5 years?

Cheers Simon. I'm back with the milk and cigarettes I left for

On the topic, 2017 seems to be the year big rock bands go pop, and it makes me nervous. I wasn't crazy about QOTSAs latest, though not overtly poppy.

Old June 21st 2017, 09:51 PM
The Sidekick

If we hadn't heard anything, and were told about the pop producer, I might be concerned they were going to pull a Linkin Park on us. However, with 'Run' and at least 'La Dee Da', clearly the heavy rock is still there. 'The Sky is...' is a litter softer, but I wouldn't say it's full-on mainstream pop or anything.

I'm kinda thinking it may end up a bit like TINLTL, a mixture of heavy rock and softer stuff. I'm ok with that.

As for the big guest, I think it probably has to be Adele or Taylor Swift, as they know Dave, they've "hung out" a few times. Some of the other names guessed, I can't see them just getting involved, like Lady Gaga, with no prior association with the band.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.

Last edited by Simon : June 21st 2017 at 09:53 PM.
Old June 21st 2017, 09:51 PM
How Do You Do

I find it rather refreshing. So far it's still rocking, from what we've heard.

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old June 21st 2017, 09:54 PM
I'll Stick Around

With "numerous guests" on the album and La Dee Da and TSIAN being played with Alison Mosshart what are the odds that she is one of them. Clearly not the "pop star" but maybe one of the other guests?

Old June 21st 2017, 10:31 PM
FooArchive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
With "numerous guests" on the album and La Dee Da and TSIAN being played with Alison Mosshart what are the odds that she is one of them. Clearly not the "pop star" but maybe one of the other guests?
Alison Mosshart is on 'La Dee Da', Jessy Greene is on the album, that pop star is probably one of the ladies guessed.

Fem Fighters. Bring it on.

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl
Old June 21st 2017, 10:34 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjonze View Post
Alison Mosshart is on 'La Dee Da', Jessy Greene is on the album, that pop star is probably one of the ladies guessed.

Are those for a fact? Or just assumptions?

Old June 21st 2017, 10:34 PM
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO

Quote:

Where ya guys getting your intel from?
Did I miss a tasty article?
Old June 21st 2017, 10:37 PM
The Sidekick

Jessy confirmed herself.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVk0EiuB...by=jessygreene

Now I just need to hear that Sara Bareilles was somehow involved and I'm in heaven.

--
Old June 23rd 2017, 07:20 PM
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Jessy confirmed herself.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVk0EiuB...by=jessygreene

Now I just need to hear that Sara Bareilles was somehow involved and I'm in heaven.
The thought crossed my mind obviously. xD

For now I'll have to conform with another favorite-artist-collision: Bareilles + Duncan Sheik, I don't think they even recorded anything, just did something live, but I love with when my favorites cross paths.
Old June 24th 2017, 12:56 AM
Ready on your mark

In a more recent interview, Dave said there's one they're never going to tell anyone about. So there's more than one big name guest to guess.
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018

FooFightersLive.com
Old June 25th 2017, 11:15 AM
FooArchive

It's not Katy Perry or Taylor Swift.

Both Taylor and Katy have been *suggested as the *mystery collaborator on the latest Foo Fighters album *Concrete And Gold after Dave teased they had teamed up with “the *biggest pop star in the world”.

But Dave insisted neither star was involved.

He said: “If I was smart enough and wanted to sell more records, I should have asked them. But this is *someone no one would expect in a million years.

“We also have SHAWN STOCKMAN from BOYZ II MEN on the heaviest song on the record and *TAYLOR GREENWOOD is on there too.

“Next time around maybe we’ll go for *politics.

“Wouldn’t it be so good if we got BARACK OBAMA?”

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl
Old June 25th 2017, 11:16 AM
How Do You Do

Quote:

Both Taylor and Katy have been *suggested as the *mystery collaborator on the latest Foo Fighters album *Concrete And Gold after Dave teased they had teamed up with “the *biggest pop star in the world”.

He said: “If I was smart enough and wanted to sell more records, I should have asked them. But this is *someone no one would expect in a million years.

“We also have SHAWN STOCKMAN from BOYZ II MEN on the heaviest song on the record and *TAYLOR GREENWOOD is on there too.

oh wow

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old June 25th 2017, 11:21 AM
Fooper!

Quote:

So maybe not even Adele then? Gaga?
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old June 25th 2017, 11:40 AM
How Do You Do

Beyonce or Justin Timberlake

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old June 25th 2017, 11:42 AM
Oooh oh ooooh

^^^^ But this is *someone no one would expect in a million years.

That's something that Dave would like to do.
So probably not Adele, not Gaga either, she performed with Metallica so people have already seen her doing something different..

We still don't know if it's a woman, right?
Old June 25th 2017, 11:55 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

We are also assuming its the biggest star in the western world. What if it is someone who is massive in China for example?