Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Frequent Post Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old February 16th 2009, 06:30 AM
Never knowing who to believe

Default Re: Meet Brian

Hell, I'd think you're one of the more respected posters here too, so the reflexive "this seems in poor taste" just seems that much more stupid. I've never known you to go around starting threads just to rip people.

Old February 16th 2009, 06:40 AM
Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch View Post
Yep.

Makes me remember why I stopped coming here.

I know it's a well worn cliche, but if assholes could fly this place would be a fucking airport.
But you keep coming here and saying you've stopped coming here!

I just think it could have been handled offline, is all. It's all very sad...
my friend told me i should hve 120 babies tonight and i was like no &*ckiing way man that would ruin ky vagina and it would turn into like a wizard sleeve and flap at every slifght breeze of and babies are way gross
Old February 16th 2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo Fighters, United Kingdom View Post
I never have to explain it to Jews because they all know people with it. There's definitely a genetic link there. It's something like 5 times more prevalent amongst Jews than any other demographic.
I didn't know that. Two of my three friends who have had it are Jewish. The third one (my friend who died) was 100% Scottish. Her mom had it too. Her mom's case was far less severe and she lived to be quite old.

As for famous people, the lead guitarist for Pearl Jam has it and holds regular benefits.

(My friend's little brother had stomach surgery when he was a newborn baby in the 70s and his stomach looks just like Brian's.)
Old February 16th 2009, 06:42 AM
In too deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxy View Post
It has been going on for a very long time but there was never enough evidence. This thread yielded enough evidence.
Old February 16th 2009, 06:43 AM
The Boss

I changed my avatar - in my defense, I didn't get the fact that he was a bad thing.

As a moderator, I know that I should know everything about all things internet, but I do miss a thing here and there.

I hope my dancing thing is acceptable.

Knoxy, I know you may not have liked Dave's tactics, I didn't either but ultimately a good thing came from it and it gave 6 different girls the ability to contact me. All of them were embarassed and some were angry but it wouldn't have happened with out this thread. I feel better about this place being safer for girls ages 13 to 18.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond

Last edited by Jill : February 16th 2009 at 06:46 AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
I changed my avatar - in my defense, I didn't get the fact that he was a bad thing.

As a moderator, I know that I should know everything about all things internet, but I do miss a thing here and there.

I don't know what that is, so I'm just going to go ahead and find it offensive for someone.

Yawn.

Quote:

I would like to know how to ban when people use dynamic IP's please. I'm having a helluva time with a stalker whore.
my friend told me i should hve 120 babies tonight and i was like no &*ckiing way man that would ruin ky vagina and it would turn into like a wizard sleeve and flap at every slifght breeze of and babies are way gross
Old February 16th 2009, 06:48 AM
The Boss

Quote:
I would like to know how to ban when people use dynamic IP's please. I'm having a helluva time with a stalker whore.
For real? Tell me offline whats going on...?

Old February 16th 2009, 06:49 AM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
I don't know what that is, so I'm just going to go ahead and find it offensive for someone.
My 13 year old who knows who Paedo Bear is called it a dancing platypus...so there you go.

Old February 16th 2009, 06:50 AM

Quote:
I wish that teenage girls would talk to their parents when some older guy gets inappropriate. I wish that they had contacted Jill right away. The whole thing is sad and gross. I think this could have been exposed without it being so mean spirited, but at the end of the day it had the right result and I'll let the rest of it go.

Because it has been a giant public mess, I hope that in the future girls who post here will know that they don't have to answer everyone's PMs and they can tell someone to leave them alone and if it doesn't happen they can contact a mod.
Old February 16th 2009, 06:58 AM
Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I wish that teenage girls would talk to their parents when some older guy gets inappropriate. I wish that they had contacted Jill right away. The whole thing is sad and gross. I think this could have been exposed without it being so mean spirited, but at the end of the day it had the right result and I'll let the rest of it go.

Because it has been a giant public mess, I hope that in the future girls who post here will know that they don't have to answer everyone's PMs and they can tell someone to leave them alone and if it doesn't happen they can contact a mod.
I guess that's what bothers me. This wasn't posted, in my opinion, as a way to protect the girls. They were used as a way to get Brian (IMHO). Just seems really manipulative and icky. The end result is protecting members of the forum, I guess that's all that matters. It just seems like it was posted as a personal vendetta vs. pure concern for members of this board. It started after an argument in Political...

I hope the girls that were involved with this are okay. I just don't like the way this went down. Just my opinion.
Old February 16th 2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
I guess that's what bothers me. This wasn't posted, in my opinion, as a way to protect the girls. They were used as a way to get Brian (IMHO). Just seems really manipulative and icky. The end result is protecting members of the forum, I guess that's all that matters. It just seems like it was posted as a personal vendetta vs. pure concern for members of this board. It started after an argument in Political...

I hope the girls that were involved with this are okay. I just don't like the way this went down. Just my opinion.
It wasn't until after that "argument" began that Dave became aware of most of the shit. Was it motivated by Brian's being a total dick? Sure. But I don't really see how that's a bad thing.

Old February 16th 2009, 07:05 AM
Qur'an*

Quote:
Even I'm a little surprised that I was underplaying the situation by only referring to the 16 year olds. 15. Damn. That's some pretty heavy shit.
aye, not cricket. i just assumed he was a bit sleazy - but then, so is half of this board.
Old February 16th 2009, 07:07 AM
Have you found your way around

holy. fucking. shit.
Old February 16th 2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:

I agree. FooUK was upfront about his mixed motives.

I sure hope that young women realize that it's unwise to confide in another young guy instead of a mod. I'm sure that FooUK means well, but there is room for danger to him and to the girls if he takes on that responsibility. He was smart to try to back out of the situation and redirect the girls to Jill.
Old February 16th 2009, 07:14 AM
In too deep

Quote:

Let me make this whole thing clear once and for all, because your take on the matter bothers me, and from it I can now see where other peoples' opinions are coming from.

It did not start from an argument in Political. I did have a fresh grudge from the shit he was saying in Foo Free the previous day, but I also knew that what I was saying about his penchant for young girls was true. I've had a grudge against him for a long time specifically because of that knowledge, but no way to bring it to light. I called him on it years ago many a time, as did others, but to no avail. Then one day I read something he wrote about his CF and I felt sorry for him and decided to make a conscious effort to give him some leeway, because what he wrote made him seem humble and grown up.

I'll admit I got carried away with the initial post, but I don't have any feelings of guilt about making Brian feel bad. I have some sympathy for his personal problems but none for his deeds. The only thing I regret is that some people now think less of me for whatever reason. But, I'll happily take that in exchange for having forced a nonce out of this community. Yeah, it wasn't posted out of pure concern, but I was very much aware that I was killing two birds with one stone - settling an argument and exposing him for what I knew him to be. I knew people would wade in with enough information to back me up, but I didn't count on just how much.

Last edited by Foo Fighters, United Kingdom : February 16th 2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old February 16th 2009, 07:16 AM
In too deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
It wasn't until after that "argument" began that Dave became aware of most of the shit.
That's also true. I knew some things, but I had noooo idea about most of the shit that has come to light since this thread. And I don't even know if the worst thing I heard was even reported to Jill.
Old February 16th 2009, 07:21 AM
Banned

Quote:

Wasn't having a go at either you nor Mae - just making sure you were both aware of the significance of the image.

Your dancing thing is awesome.

I also found the licking cow gif on my machine earlier - didn't that used to be your avatar?
Old February 16th 2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
And I don't even know if the worst thing I heard was even reported to Jill.
It doesn't matter anymore, but my personal opinion is that you have no business keeping secrets if it's serious. If it's super serious, someone needs to contact police. If it's just mildly serious, the mod has to know. You can't trust kids to make decisions in their best interest. That's why I would never promise to keep a secret like that in the first place.

You can keep gossip secret but you have to err on the side of public safety if you have serious concerns.
Old February 16th 2009, 07:24 AM
In too deep

Susan, I will clarify that statement. That 'worst' bit of information I refer to was told to me only yesterday, and I was told that it happened a couple of years ago. I immediately suggested that the person tell Jill, and I'm yet to find out if they did because they haven't logged on and replied to my PM yet. That was the catalyst for my 'don't PM me anymore stories' post.

EDIT: They have now told Jill.

Last edited by Foo Fighters, United Kingdom : February 16th 2009 at 11:10 AM.
Closed Thread