Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 2nd 2018, 10:36 PM
Team Pat

Default Memphis and Nashville

Who all is going to Memphis and Nashville?

2000-Bloomington, IN
Poor or had little kids for 15 years
2015-Noblesville/Indy
2017-Chicago (Metro), Knoxville, Cincinnati
2018-Lexington, Memphis, Nashville, Noblesville/Indy, Wrigley x2

Upcoming Kansas City, St. Louis, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Paul
Old May 4th 2018, 12:17 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Memphis and Nashville

Nashville tomorrow night! I can't wait! The reschedule kind of disappointed me so I haven't been very excited about it until this week. But I am ready now!
Old May 5th 2018, 06:00 AM
Team Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourettes2400 View Post
Nashville tomorrow night! I can't wait! The reschedule kind of disappointed me so I haven't been very excited about it until this week. But I am ready now!
The show tonight was awesome! Lil Fonzie was great too.

Time to recuperate after this week now.

2000-Bloomington, IN
2015-Noblesville/Indy

Old May 6th 2018, 05:18 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I loved the concert in Nashville!!! The Foo Fighters rocked the hell out of The Bridgestone Arena. Lil Fonzie was awesome. Let's see if one day he plays for Rush as Dave Grohl says!
Old May 7th 2018, 08:42 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angiey1974 View Post
I loved the concert in Nashville!!! The Foo Fighters rocked the hell out of The Bridgestone Arena. Lil Fonzie was awesome. Let's see if one day he plays for Rush as Dave Grohl says!
Little Fonzie spoiled the show - the '1 minute' Dave gave him turned into over 5 and Taylor couldn't get him to get off the kit. The father had no respect for the band - despite Shifty and Rami asking the father to wind things up he continued to wander all over the stage recording on his phone.

Because of this Shifty's cover of Under My Wheels got cut and Dave was so fed up he has said no more fans on stage to jam with the band.

Having been to 8 foo shows in 3 weeks I could see how it sucked the atmosphere from the show.....and it sucked.
Old May 7th 2018, 08:58 PM
Team Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Little Fonzie spoiled the show - the '1 minute' Dave gave him turned into over 5 and Taylor couldn't get him to get off the kit. The father had no respect for the band - despite Shifty and Rami asking the father to wind things up he continued to wander all over the stage recording on his phone.

Because of this Shifty's cover of Under My Wheels got cut and Dave was so fed up he has said no more fans on stage to jam with the band.

Having been to 8 foo shows in 3 weeks I could see how it sucked the atmosphere from the show.....and it sucked.
Yeah. He was really good drummer for the first minute or two, then it dragged on. And why did no one stop him from approaching Dave afterward? It seemed like the kid wanted to play guitar too. At first, I thought it was great. But, now that it's been a few days and I've rewatched the videos, I'm kind of pissed about it. I really like Shifty singing, and the dad disrespected everyone there. After the show, they were hanging out at the entrance acting like celebrities too.

I'm ok with not seeing fans on stage. It seems like it's almost every show lately. I know it was 2 out of 3 last week. I'm there to see the Foo. I'd much rather have White Limo, Let it Die or Enough Space with the screen down as opposed to fans on stage.

2000-Bloomington, IN
2015-Noblesville/Indy

Old May 7th 2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbet View Post
Yeah. He was really good drummer for the first minute or two, then it dragged on. And why did no one stop him from approaching Dave afterward? It seemed like the kid wanted to play guitar too. At first, I thought it was great. But, now that it's been a few days and I've rewatched the videos, I'm kind of pissed about it. I really like Shifty singing, and the dad disrespected everyone there. After the show, they were hanging out at the entrance acting like celebrities too.

I'm ok with not seeing fans on stage. It seems like it's almost every show lately. I know it was 2 out of 3 last week. I'm there to see the Foo. I'd much rather have White Limo, Let it Die or Enough Space with the screen down as opposed to fans on stage.
Yes - the kid wanted to play guitar too. You could tell Dave was pissed because he didn't ask the kids name. To be fair it was probably wasn't the kids fault - I'm sure he had been coached by his father on what to do - but it totally ruined the flow and vibe of the show. I saw so many signs asking to play drums/guitar that I'm glad Dave doesn't want to do it any more.....I pay to see Foo not some random ass person.
Old May 7th 2018, 09:23 PM
Normal

Quote:

Quote:
Yes - the kid wanted to play guitar too. You could tell Dave was pissed because he didn't ask the kids name. To be fair it was probably wasn't the kids fault - I'm sure he had been coached by his father on what to do - but it totally ruined the flow and vibe of the show. I saw so many signs asking to play drums/guitar that I'm glad Dave doesn't want to do it any more.....I pay to see Foo not some random ass person.
Amen!

I thought I was the only one. I even hate sing-alongs that go on for too long. I spend a fortune travelling across Europe to see Foos. FOOS that is.
Old May 7th 2018, 09:26 PM
Ready on your mark

See, I said this and got cussed out because every man and his dog wants to take a sign now. What ought to be a special, unique experience is no longer so if it happens at every show and becomes an expected 'audience participation' part of the set. They're not a Vegas cabaret act.

Adelaide / Sydney, 2011
Brisbane / Sydney / Adelaide, 2015
Gold Coast, 2015 (Chevy Metal)
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018
Old May 7th 2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matineeidyll View Post
See, I said this and got cussed out because every man and his dog wants to take a sign now. What ought to be a special, unique experience is no longer so if it happens at every show and becomes an expected 'audience participation' part of the set. They're not a Vegas cabaret act.
Little Fonzie was not actually invited on stage to play by Dave - the father practically threw the kid up there and Dave reluctantly gave him '1 minute' on the drums.

People now come to the show expecting to have the chance at being on stage and whilst it might be an amazing experience for them its shitty for the rest of us especially when it means they have to cut songs from the set list.

I think Dave said something like 'its not a talent show' at some point in the last few weeks which to me says he's sick of it too.

Last edited by Poppy4580 : May 7th 2018 at 09:42 PM.
Old May 7th 2018, 10:10 PM
Team Pat

Quote:
Little Fonzie was not actually invited on stage to play by Dave - the father practically threw the kid up there and Dave reluctantly gave him '1 minute' on the drums.

People now come to the show expecting to have the chance at being on stage and whilst it might be an amazing experience for them its shitty for the rest of us especially when it means they have to cut songs from the set list.

I think Dave said something like 'its not a talent show' at some point in the last few weeks which to me says he's sick of it too.
Yeah, he compared it to the Price is Right in Nashville.

I saw 2 signs last week to play drums on Generator. I told the kid next to me that someone already had that sign earlier in week, but he was sure he'd get on stage to play it.

2000-Bloomington, IN
2015-Noblesville/Indy

Old May 8th 2018, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Yeah, he compared it to the Price is Right in Nashville.

I saw 2 signs last week to play drums on Generator. I told the kid next to me that someone already had that sign earlier in week, but he was sure he'd get on stage to play it.
One of them was Seth in Lexington.....sweet kid....he was first in line at 5am. He didnít get his wish but he did get the drumhead from Yeti.
Old May 8th 2018, 01:40 PM
Teeth-gnashingly twee

Quote:
One of them was Seth in Lexington.....sweet kid....he was first in line at 5am. He didnít get his wish but he did get the drumhead from Yeti.
I was so glad that didn't happen and this is a good compromise
Old May 8th 2018, 06:09 PM
Right down the drain I goÖ

Quote:
Originally Posted by matineeidyll View Post
I agree, although Green Day do it well

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CG7c8pS3hKc
Old May 8th 2018, 08:49 PM
Team Pat

Quote:
One of them was Seth in Lexington.....sweet kid....he was first in line at 5am. He didn’t get his wish but he did get the drumhead from Yeti.
That's awesome. I never saw a post or anything about the drumhead there. I assumed that older lady (who had tried to see the Foos 4x) got it.

2000-Bloomington, IN
2015-Noblesville/Indy

Old May 8th 2018, 08:54 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Nashville was the first time seeing FF since 2008 and I was pretty underwhelmed. The show wasn't as special as I remember it being in the past. The crowd didn't seem as into it as I remember. Little Fonzi was kind of cool for the first couple of seconds but then he started playing a generic beat and everyone was just like ....really?... It was pretty cringey. They are playing way too many covers, too. I miss the hockey arena days where it was 100% Foo Fighters blowing my face off with 15 songs. The light show was great though! Taylor's drum solos have gotten pretty insane, too!
  • July 25, 2008 Cleveland, OH
  • May 04, 2018 Nashville, TN
Old May 8th 2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
That's awesome. I never saw a post or anything about the drumhead there. I assumed that older lady (who had tried to see the Foos 4x) got it.
That was my friend Toni who I was there with. Yeti likes to give the drumhead to youngsters or at a push teenagers but he did give her a setlist and drumstick.
Old May 9th 2018, 03:00 AM

Saw them both in Memphis & Nashville. Liked both shows. I wish they would switch up the set lists too, but they have quite the elaborate stage/light show so that usually goes hand in hand with a fixed set list. My main complaint would be too many covers, but it also gives me a chance to hit the bathroom and get more beer.

Yeti threw me a drumstick in Memphis. He threw another to me in Nashville from far away and it bounced off my hand and someone else got it. Oh well, I batted .500 and I was happy about that. Can't wait for 2 nights at Wrigley.
Old May 9th 2018, 01:07 PM
Teeth-gnashingly twee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacked Actors View Post
Nashville was the first time seeing FF since 2008 and I was pretty underwhelmed. The show wasn't as special as I remember it being in the past. The crowd didn't seem as into it as I remember. Little Fonzi was kind of cool for the first couple of seconds but then he started playing a generic beat and everyone was just like ....really?... It was pretty cringey. They are playing way too many covers, too. I miss the hockey arena days where it was 100% Foo Fighters blowing my face off with 15 songs. The light show was great though! Taylor's drum solos have gotten pretty insane, too!
I was back to loving them again after the Lexington show - they played so well and were SO into it. They do tend to Jazz Odyssey (tm Spinal Tap) a bit; know when to end it! I'd rather have 3 min of tons more songs than 13 min of a few
Old May 9th 2018, 03:17 PM

The Struts were terrible, too. Easily the worst opening band I've seen. People have been raving about them but they were soooo cheesy. The singer wanted the crowd to do Jazz Hands for every single song. COME ON PUT YOUR HANDS UP AND WAVE THEM LIKE THIS! I wished I had come late so I didn't have to see them perform.
  • July 25, 2008 Cleveland, OH
  • May 04, 2018 Nashville, TN