Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Fotos
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 26th 2012, 07:11 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Default Foo Fighters Auckland NZ 13th Dec 2011 & THESE DAYS VIDEO STAR :-)

So Auckland then - yes that was a while ago now, who would still be trying to post photos of that?

Well when you've worked the kind of hours I have the last four weeks after being away over Christmas - well Me! lol

It's the last concert of 2011. The biggest New Zealand has had for nearly 30 years. 50,000 people. Put into perspective for you foreigners - here that's the concert you go to where 1.25% of your entire fucking country turn up to say Hi!

And you don't fuck about - you set off every Earthquake sensor within 10 miles of the event :-) Now THAT'S a fucking tribute to Christchurch right there lol.

As for the concert, I was there early and I was determined to capture everything I could for the first time in 14 times with the Foos since New Years eve 1995. So I took a good camera.

At 43 it's a bit of a mission trying to beat people half my age to the front of the Mosh pit. But I got to about the 10th row on the wilder left side. Then made it to the runway edge at about row 7 or 8 by the time the band came on.

I stayed there getting battered and bruised until about 4/5 of the way through These Days.

Fortunately that was enough time to get a ton of great shots, many have had to be edited due to being thrown around so much but they look pretty great for the most part:

http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

Speed settings are mouse over hidden at the top right.

Otherwise the space-bar pauses and you can page back & forth (in joke that one lol) using the arrow keys.

While I was trying to find time to get all the photos edited, I was pointed at You Tube and DrLurch's HD videos from the bank. Sure enough I found myself in several of the videos, so I added some screen grabs at the end.

While I was STILL trying to find time to get all the photos totally finished, the These Days video came out - but after watching it four times I was confident I wasn't in it. Nice Auckland shots of the bank, great scene of Dave looking back and running up to the camera and going nuts pointing back to the crowd, and another where they used Auckland for the big band bow at the end. All in all pretty awesome!

I'm almost done midweek, and I get an email saying you were in the front left on the barrier right? You looked at 0.49 in the video?

And sure enough in between two Dave solo shots is a 1.5 second sequence from Auckland, taken from just behind me straight up the runway. My tired right arm poking out over the security fence at a 45 degree angle the entire shot, the security guard in frame that can be seen in several of my pics as he moved up and down to the right of me.

Full screen from the video I can just make out the FF wristband at the end of my right arm and the hat I was wearing (it's in one of the earlier pics: a girl in front of me took two of me when she stole my camera and told me I need to get you in your photo's - I'd been protecting her all night from getting too squashed - bless her :-) ).

Before the song finished I was so tired and overwhelmed by the whole thing (I just love that song so much anyway - but hearing Dave say it was his favourite song of all time just destroyed me, and then that they were shooting its video - NOW) that I just put the camera down and let other people get to him when he came down the runway.

I pretty much stopped taking photos from that point and just enjoyed it all (I had enough photos however they turned out). And now I find out I stayed possibly a minute or two long enough to add this insane piece of history to my collection too.

I so wanted to be right at the front. The gate I'm at in the photos was the third last to open, the guy half dropped his key. And I was tripped over inside the stadium on the way to the Mosh by a guy that slipped in front of me.

In the end you cant really see anyone in front of my arm in the video. If I had been any closer...

I have no idea what it is about this band that seems to keep following me and giving me such good luck. It's like a reversed curse - the longer I pursue it the better it gets. Sucks, huh lol. And yes Dave promised - FOUR HOURS next time at the Town Hall! I plan to get him and Taylor in a room in front of a camera - and work it up to SIX at least hehe.

So, I'm finally all done tonight.

My thanks to Lucas McIver - (DrLurch on YT) and his vids filmed with his Panasonic DMC-ZS7.

You really only need a few of my photos to see where I was, but:

The security dude in the video in my pics (he moved around a lot)

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...Springs193.jpg

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...Springs194.jpg

Me in my hat - my eternal thanks babe whoever you are :-)

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...rings174Me.jpg

The first frame of the official video that I'm in

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...ysVideo001.jpg

And my sincerest thanks to the best fucking Rock & Roll band in the world - for giving one of your biggest fans the best night of the best year of his life, and then giving him the biggest fucking present he's ever had as well. Seriously, words just don't do justice to how incredible you five guys are.

I was there
Old February 26th 2012, 08:05 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Default Re: Foo Fighters Auckland NZ 13th Dec 2011 & THESE DAYS VIDEO STAR :-)

Awesome photos!! I've barely posted on here since the show either... just didnt know what to say, it was so amazing. I found a video the other day that I took out in the field when we were all listening to them soundcheck These Days, I can see you singing along haha

I LOVE the These Days official video, so much awesome Auckland footage, and I'm in it... I made a These Days banner which Dave spotted us holding up, we were down the end of the runway, and the film crew came down and filmed us, heres a screen cap

Old February 26th 2012, 08:29 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Default Re: Foo Fighters Auckland NZ 13th Dec 2011 & THESE DAYS VIDEO STAR :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostrocker815 View Post
Awesome photos!! I've barely posted on here since the show either... just didnt know what to say, it was so amazing. I found a video the other day that I took out in the field when we were all listening to them soundcheck These Days, I can see you singing along haha

I LOVE the These Days official video, so much awesome Auckland footage, and I'm in it... I made a These Days banner which Dave spotted us holding up, we were down the end of the runway, and the film crew came down and filmed us, heres a screen cap
That's so funny - I'm the one that hunted you guys out at the last gates! I saw your posts b4 the gig. We talked for a while before you got all your group together

And I did see your post on the concert - I was going to reply, I did post one or two of the Dave pics in one thread, but I wanted to hold it all back to do in one go properly, as a lot of them needed work - the Mosh hit the camera SO hard lol. It just ended up taking me a lot longer than I expected, and all these damn videos kept turning up hehe.

And yes I remember watching you guys making the banner and thinking it was awesome - right BEFORE they sound checked the song TWICE. Looking back it's just hilarious that I has standing at the gate screaming my lungs out - getting looked at like a total fool by pretty much everyone but YOU guys, and now we're both in the vid

If I remember right you're up in the far north? I was a Whangarei boy from 4 - 16 lol. You need to PM me a link to that vid of the field if you have one - I'd love to see it!

And we gotta be sure to say Hey before the next one at the TH sister

I was there