Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 22nd 2018, 08:40 AM
Normal

Default Re: Europe 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks12 View Post
Appear to have accidentally booked Glasgow ticket. Just had a look to see how much they were and it just happened...
Oopsy daisy
Old November 22nd 2018, 08:44 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish_foo View Post
You will enjoy it.

Never been to this festival before but got The Cure booked the day before.
The Cure are probably playing Glastonbury so I'll see them then.
I've got a bunch of airmiles I can use to fly up so probably could do it quite cheaply.
These are things I go over after buying tickets Step 1 buy tickets, step 2 think of logistics.

GlasVegas, Aug 19 : PULA x 2 June 19 : London x 2 June 18 : James Corden, June 18 : Download Paris, June 18 : O2, Sept 17 : Lollapalloza Berlin, Sept 17 : NOS Alive, July 17 : Glastonbury 17 : Paris, Nov, 20 15 : Berlin, Nov, 2015 : Milton Keynes x2 Sept, 15 : Glastonbury 2015 : Wembley, 20th June 15 : Invictus Closing Concert, London, Sep 14 : Milton Keynes, July 11 : Wembley, June 08 : Reading, 98 : Glastonbury June, 98 : Ozzfest, June , 98 : Shepherds Bush, 97
Old November 22nd 2018, 08:44 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Had the code for Glasgow...not sure whether to book or to hold out for Reading. Will be surprised if day tickets are released tomorrow, i'm sure they are usually released later?
Old November 22nd 2018, 08:47 AM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex947 View Post
Had the code for Glasgow...not sure whether to book or to hold out for Reading. Will be surprised if day tickets are released tomorrow, i'm sure they are usually released later?
So did I but they are they are on the r&l website and see tickets too.
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008

Last edited by aprilshack : November 22nd 2018 at 08:51 AM.
Old November 22nd 2018, 08:52 AM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex947 View Post
If you do The Cure and Foo Fighters both nights you will effectively get a better festival in Glasgow.

Mogwai, The Twilight Sad, and The Joy Formiddable I think are the supports for The Cure. Mogwai are one of my favourite bands.
The Alarm, Glasgow, May
Iron Maiden - Newcastle, May
Iron Maiden - Glasgow Hydro, May
Kiss - Glasgow Hydro, May
Guns 'N' Roses - London, June
Old November 22nd 2018, 09:30 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Glasgow sorted.

Almost booked VIP too but it is unnecessary. Only difference with VIP is a private bar and posher toilets.
I was looking to see what you got with it to see if it was worth it, but I couldn't see any obvious info on the page and the timer was ticking down so common sense prevailed and I went for the normal tickets.

I do fancy doing the whole backstage (or sidestage) thing one day, but the tickets tend to be £1000 plus any time I've looked...
Old November 22nd 2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroDunDun View Post
I was looking to see what you got with it to see if it was worth it, but I couldn't see any obvious info on the page and the timer was ticking down so common sense prevailed and I went for the normal tickets.

I do fancy doing the whole backstage (or sidestage) thing one day, but the tickets tend to be £1000 plus any time I've looked...
Its not that posh a bar, and you still have to pay for food and drinks in it!
The Alarm, Glasgow, May
Old November 22nd 2018, 09:39 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Its not that posh a bar, and you still have to pay for food and drinks in it!
Yeah, and probable pay more for it too...
Old November 22nd 2018, 09:41 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
If you do The Cure and Foo Fighters both nights you will effectively get a better festival in Glasgow.

Mogwai, The Twilight Sad, and The Joy Formiddable I think are the supports for The Cure. Mogwai are one of my favourite bands.
This - & I live 20 mins from the Leeds site! The L/R line up just doesn't do it for me - last time I went was in 2012 with The Cure and FF playing that time as well.
But that's just me a (nearly) 40 something... each to their own I guess....

I already had tickets for The Cure and a hotel already booked for the weekend, so this has worked out pretty well.

Hope the support acts are as strong as they are for the Friday & the weather is good. I've gotta hope for an appearance from Idles as support, tho they'll be everywhere next summer.

Hope you all get the tickets you want - Glasgow pre-sale is still available which surprises me....

Roll on FF gig 17!
Old November 22nd 2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
The Cure are probably playing Glastonbury so I'll see them then.
I've got a bunch of airmiles I can use to fly up so probably could do it quite cheaply.
These are things I go over after buying tickets Step 1 buy tickets, step 2 think of logistics.
I'm the opposite: Step 1: consider travel costs/logistics, Step 2: reserve a hotel just in case, Step 3: work out whether I can actually go or not, Step 4: book tickets (if i get this far) & step 5: pay for flights and work everything else out after.

This is honestly why I'm glad I live just outside of London, so much easier and can just book the tickets without hesitation when people play here - I then work out other things afterwards
2014: House of Vans (11th September), Islington Assembly Hall (12th September), Invictus Games (14th September)
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
2019: Pula Arena (18th & 19th June), RDS Arena Dublin (21st August), Reading Festival (25th August)
Future: ... No One Knows
Old November 22nd 2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
I'm the opposite: Step 1: consider travel costs/logistics, Step 2: reserve a hotel just in case, Step 3: work out whether I can actually go or not, Step 4: book tickets (if i get this far) & step 5: pay for flights and work everything else out after.

This is honestly why I'm glad I live just outside of London, so much easier and can just book the tickets without hesitation when people play here - I then work out other things afterwards
That would be the sensible thing to do..... I seem to be hungover (never drinking again didn't last, you were right) and I don't make decisions well hungover.

I have plenty of BA airmiles so thats Dublin and Glasgow sorted. Probably should have looked at hotels first for Glasgow as I've now booked what can only be described as an overpriced shithole in the City centre for double what I wanted to pay. Never mind!

GlasVegas, Aug 19 : PULA x 2 June 19 : London x 2 June 18 : James Corden, June 18 : Download Paris, June 18 : O2, Sept 17 : Lollapalloza Berlin, Sept 17 : NOS Alive, July 17 : Glastonbury 17 : Paris, Nov, 20 15 : Berlin, Nov, 2015 : Milton Keynes x2 Sept, 15 : Glastonbury 2015 : Wembley, 20th June 15 : Invictus Closing Concert, London, Sep 14 : Milton Keynes, July 11 : Wembley, June 08 : Reading, 98 : Glastonbury June, 98 : Ozzfest, June , 98 : Shepherds Bush, 97
Old November 22nd 2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
That would be the sensible thing to do..... I seem to be hungover (never drinking again didn't last, you were right) and I don't make decisions well hungover.

I have plenty of BA airmiles so thats Dublin and Glasgow sorted. Probably should have looked at hotels first for Glasgow as I've now booked what can only be described as an overpriced shithole in the City centre for double what I wanted to pay. Never mind!
I refuse to say those words as I'm sure I said in that post - for obvious reasons. Luckily for me I have less times that I do go drinking so less chance of me saying it.

As for the hotels - yeah prices instantly rocket as things get announced - went up to Manchester for something in June and ended up staying in a hotel in Stockport - £30 taxi each way - because Taylor Swift and Parklife were on the same weekend and there were hardly any hotels in the centre (if any at all and they were all ridiculous prices).

It's why for Pula I already have a hotel room reserved in case for two nights so once my holiday is confirmed by work I can just buy flights and confirm the ticket.
2014: House of Vans (11th September), Islington Assembly Hall (12th September), Invictus Games (14th September)
2019: Pula Arena (18th & 19th June), RDS Arena Dublin (21st August), Reading Festival (25th August)
Old November 22nd 2018, 10:41 AM

For Glasgow if you can't get a hotel to your liking, you may be able to get a hotel in Edinburgh and book a seat on a bus there. Its about an hour's travel.

happybus.co.uk and big green coach often do buses for these types of shows
The Alarm, Glasgow, May
Old November 22nd 2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
As for the hotels - yeah prices instantly rocket as things get announced - went up to Manchester for something in June and ended up staying in a hotel in Stockport - £30 taxi each way - because Taylor Swift and Parklife were on the same weekend and there were hardly any hotels in the centre (if any at all and they were all ridiculous prices).

It's why for Pula I already have a hotel room reserved in case for two nights so once my holiday is confirmed by work I can just buy flights and confirm the ticket.
You were there for Taylor Swift weren't you

I booked something for Pula, turns out its 6 mins walk from the venue so that was good work.

Quote:
For Glasgow if you can't get a hotel to your liking, you may be able to get a hotel in Edinburgh and book a seat on a bus there. Its about an hour's travel.

happybus.co.uk and big green coach often do buses for these types of shows
Could do, but I've been to Edinburgh and haven't been to Glasgow so might be nice to have a look round. Its not so bad, just two nights. I've stayed in some places in Asia whilst backpacking which would make anything in this country look like a palace so I'm sure I'll live!

Old November 22nd 2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:

I booked something for Pula, turns out its 6 mins walk from the venue so that was good work.
Gotta love some cheesy pop in you're life at some point, guilty as charged!

Really though, was there for a mates birthday which coincided with those things going on.

What hotel? One I've provisionally got booked is about a mile away from there
Old November 22nd 2018, 11:32 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:

Very true, it would be a better festival but logistically and cost wise it is a bit of a ballache from South Wales haha! Probs end up holding out for Reading tbh.
Old November 22nd 2018, 11:36 AM
Right down the drain I go…

Quote:
Originally Posted by wol View Post
I will keep you posted, I might have two but definitely one spare standing ticket.
Thanks, going to try in general sale tomorrow
Old November 22nd 2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I'm guilty as one of the ones who went to see T Swizzle in Manc.

Theres loads of good AirBnb for small number of guests which you can view inside the coliseum from the room - cheaper then a ticket
Birmingham NEC / Isle of Wight Festival / MK Bowl / Leeds Festival / House of Vans / Olympic Park / Manchester LCCC / MK Bowl / Krakow / Cheese and Grain / Glastonbury Festival / Paris / NOS Alive / O2 Arena / Antwerp / Manchester Etihad / Olympic Stadium / Olympic Stadium
/ Pula Arena / Pula Arena / Dublin Arena / Leeds Festival / Reading Festival

Old November 22nd 2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
Gotta love some cheesy pop in you're life at some point, guilty as charged!

Really though, was there for a mates birthday which coincided with those things going on.

What hotel? One I've provisionally got booked is about a mile away from there
City Point Rooms? I didnt put any effort into researching, works been really busy and I've wasted far too much time on here which hasn't helped. Just booked the first one on the list on booking.com that I could cancel if I needed.
Apparently it comes with breakfast, ooh.

I can't really knock cheesy pop after my declarations for kylie and jason the other week! Tay Tay isnt really my thing though, some of my friends love her and I've had to suffer it on long car journeys a few too many times.

Old November 22nd 2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
City Point Rooms? I didnt put any effort into researching, works been really busy and I've wasted far too much time on here which hasn't helped. Just booked the first one on the list on booking.com that I could cancel if I needed.
Apparently it comes with breakfast, ooh.

I can't really knock cheesy pop after my declarations for kylie and jason the other week! Tay Tay isnt really my thing though, some of my friends love her and I've had to suffer it on long car journeys a few too many times.
Ah ok, they've got one room left - and its just a fair bit more than the hotel I've got reserved at the moment (Hotel Veli Joze).

Although looking through there are apartments which are a lot closer and not that bad in the sense of price - but no breakfast.

Will keep the one I've got for now and decide later on something else if it suits better.