Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 6th 2011, 02:51 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default What music does each member of the band listen to...

...outside of Taylor and Dave's favorite bands (like Queen, Led Zeppelin, Motorhead, etc.)

I honestly don't know what the other 3 members enjoy listening to in their spare time, have they ever mentioned their favorite bands in interviews? I know Chris wore an Iron Maiden shirt in the Breakout video, is he a fan of the band?
Old September 6th 2011, 03:41 AM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Default Re: What music does each member of the band listen to...

I have no idea. why don't you ask them yourself?
9/14/11-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center. Front row show #1 and BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. THREE PICKS (one from Dave, two from Shifty!) Shifty noticed me!
8/22/15-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center. Front row show #2! Shifty noticed me again!

I <3 Shifty!

NATE IS A WIZARD!

私はデイブグロールの愛

My pictures from the 9/14 show
Old September 6th 2011, 04:15 AM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Chris is a huge Jawbreaker fan.

I'm guessing Nate is a fan of the Talking Heads, because according to William Goldsmith in a radio interview, Nate came up with the name "Sunny Day Real Estate" from, "that one Talking Heads song off that album 'Naked,' and I don't know what his point was." I'm not sure what song William was referring to; there is a reference to "real estate" in one song, but I think it's more likely the name was inspired by the line "stealing all our dreams, dreams for sale, they sell ’em back to you," which led Nate or someone to think about people selling "sunny days."

Pat used to literally stalk Queen.
Old September 6th 2011, 04:56 AM
A star burned out

there's an interview on muchmusic intimate and interactive, from 2002 I think, where george strombo asks about their personal tastes for music and how different they are. the video used to be on youtube but I can't seem to find it anymore, just their performances from the same program.

anyways, Dave mentions Queen, Rush and The Police for Taylor, The Clash for Chris and Talking Heads for Nate, those are the ones I can remember of but I'm almost sure he mentioned a lot more and I'm not entirely sure he mentions Rush, but from other interviews we know that it's a band he surely is a huge fan of, obviously confirmed by his performance of YYZ with Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee.

it's a very ok question to ask, really. when you like a band so much, you start to want to know more about them and what they listen to and maybe locate some of those bands influence on the music your favorite band makes.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old September 6th 2011, 08:27 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Heaps of bands they've mentioned I cant remember haha, I do know Dave mentioned a band from my country (New zealand) said that he liked them & was worried about having to go onstage after them at BDO, they are called 'Shihad', check em out on Youtube
Old September 6th 2011, 03:44 PM
Have you found your way around

I saw a recent interview where Dave mentioned that he was really into The Joy Formidable right now, even requested that they open for the Foo's on part of their tour.