Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old November 15th 2017, 03:42 PM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 3,144
Default Re: CalJam18

For those of you considering coming over from UK so that you have the full picture......

The festival is on the Saturday. This year they had some events on the Friday night (cover bands, movies) and the museum and merch stands were open. HOWEVER the Friday night was for the people who were camping and not open to people with Saturday tickets only.

So if you are planning on coming over and want to do the whole thing including Friday night you will need to rent some camping gear or an RV and buy a camping pass in addition to the festival ticket.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old November 15th 2017, 03:56 PM
lharris92 lharris92 is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: england
Posts: 1,601
Default Re: CalJam18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
For those of you considering coming over from UK so that you have the full picture......

The festival is on the Saturday. This year they had some events on the Friday night (cover bands, movies) and the museum and merch stands were open. HOWEVER the Friday night was for the people who were camping and not open to people with Saturday tickets only.

So if you are planning on coming over and want to do the whole thing including Friday night you will need to rent some camping gear or an RV and buy a camping pass in addition to the festival ticket.
So I can camp w/out a car? As would be theoretically getting a bus from LA to there, so would it make it cheaper than a hotel for a few nights?

As otherwise a hotel a few miles away seems tempting.
__________________
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Milton Keynes, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
House of Vans, 11th September 2014
Islington Assembly Hall, 12th September 2014
Invictus Games, 14th September 2014
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
Future: CalJam 2018????
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old November 15th 2017, 03:59 PM
Jill's Avatar
Jill Jill is offline
The Boss
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: California
Posts: 21,585
Default Re: CalJam18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
So I can camp w/out a car? As would be theoretically getting a bus from LA to there, so would it make it cheaper than a hotel for a few nights?

As otherwise a hotel a few miles away seems tempting.
I stayed at a hotel and rented a car but I got a hold of a VIP parking pass which was AWESOME. Getting dropped off by Uber works but leaving is a bitch.
__________________
My email: click me

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old November 15th 2017, 04:12 PM
lharris92 lharris92 is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: england
Posts: 1,601
Default Re: CalJam18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
I stayed at a hotel and rented a car but I got a hold of a VIP parking pass which was AWESOME. Getting dropped off by Uber works but leaving is a bitch.
Ok, by reading the information FAQ's, it seems that no walk in camping is available.. - so does that mean you can't pay for camping on the day or can't camp without a car... sounds a stupid question but it doesn't mention what I'm on about.
__________________
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Milton Keynes, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
House of Vans, 11th September 2014
Islington Assembly Hall, 12th September 2014
Invictus Games, 14th September 2014
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
Future: CalJam 2018????
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old November 15th 2017, 04:33 PM
Jill's Avatar
Jill Jill is offline
The Boss
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: California
Posts: 21,585
Default Re: CalJam18

You have to rent a space, so I think they mean, just walking in but I don't know. Specific questions might be answered when they start selling tickets/camping spots.
__________________
My email: click me

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old November 15th 2017, 04:37 PM
lharris92 lharris92 is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: england
Posts: 1,601
Default Re: CalJam18

Ok thanks. Will try and ask once all details are revealed.
__________________
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Milton Keynes, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
House of Vans, 11th September 2014
Islington Assembly Hall, 12th September 2014
Invictus Games, 14th September 2014
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
Future: CalJam 2018????
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old November 15th 2017, 05:54 PM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 3,144
Default Re: CalJam18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
Ok, by reading the information FAQ's, it seems that no walk in camping is available.. - so does that mean you can't pay for camping on the day or can't camp without a car... sounds a stupid question but it doesn't mention what I'm on about.
We had a friend walk in this year - as long as you have booked a space and have your wristband it is fine that you dont have a car.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old November 15th 2017, 07:46 PM
lharris92 lharris92 is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: england
Posts: 1,601
Default Re: CalJam18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
We had a friend walk in this year - as long as you have booked a space and have your wristband it is fine that you dont have a car.
That's pretty much what I was looking for thanks.

How much was a camping ticket anyway? (assuming the actual ticket is $100 and fees)
__________________
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Milton Keynes, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
House of Vans, 11th September 2014
Islington Assembly Hall, 12th September 2014
Invictus Games, 14th September 2014
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
Future: CalJam 2018????
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old November 15th 2017, 07:57 PM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 3,144
Default Re: CalJam18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
That's pretty much what I was looking for thanks.

How much was a camping ticket anyway? (assuming the actual ticket is $100 and fees)
I did RV camping and it was around $290 but that covers 6 people in the camping space. Cannot remember what the tent camping space was....maybe $250 for 6 people???
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old November 15th 2017, 07:59 PM
lharris92 lharris92 is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: england
Posts: 1,601
Default Re: CalJam18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
I did RV camping and it was around $290 but that covers 6 people in the camping space. Cannot remember what the tent camping space was....maybe $250 for 6 people???
Hmm ok, will probably be cheaper if I went down the hotel route.
__________________
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Milton Keynes, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
House of Vans, 11th September 2014
Islington Assembly Hall, 12th September 2014
Invictus Games, 14th September 2014
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
Future: CalJam 2018????
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old November 15th 2017, 09:42 PM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 3,144
Default Re: CalJam18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
Hmm ok, will probably be cheaper if I went down the hotel route.
If you have 6 people in the camping spot it waaaaaay cheaper than a hotel plus you get to do the stuff on the Friday night.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old November 16th 2017, 07:49 AM
lharris92 lharris92 is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: england
Posts: 1,601
Default Re: CalJam18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
If you have 6 people in the camping spot it waaaaaay cheaper than a hotel plus you get to do the stuff on the Friday night.
I'd probably have to go in with a group as none of my mates would be interested I don't think, so hotel might be cheaper. But that is a good point about the Friday.
__________________
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Milton Keynes, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
House of Vans, 11th September 2014
Islington Assembly Hall, 12th September 2014
Invictus Games, 14th September 2014
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
Future: CalJam 2018????
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old November 16th 2017, 03:06 PM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 3,144
Default Re: CalJam18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
I'd probably have to go in with a group as none of my mates would be interested I don't think, so hotel might be cheaper. But that is a good point about the Friday.
If you make it over we should meet up say hello
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old November 16th 2017, 03:35 PM
Gabrielle Gabrielle is offline
Never knowing who to believe
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 17,703
Default Re: CalJam18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
So I can camp w/out a car? As would be theoretically getting a bus from LA to there, so would it make it cheaper than a hotel for a few nights?

As otherwise a hotel a few miles away seems tempting.
I would HIGHLY recommend you renting car from LA or trying to catch a ride with someone. I'd be shocked if you'll find bus service--it's quite in the middle of nowhere. And it would be a pricey Uber ride from LAX, though you might be able to Uber from a nearby hotel. Still, a car rental might be cheaper overall with fewer hassles.

And LAX is the closest airport servicing the London directly. You can look at San Diego if you don't mind hours of driving.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old November 16th 2017, 03:42 PM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 3,144
Default Re: CalJam18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle View Post
I would HIGHLY recommend you renting car from LA or trying to catch a ride with someone. I'd be shocked if you'll find bus service--it's quite in the middle of nowhere. And it would be a pricey Uber ride from LAX, though you might be able to Uber from a nearby hotel. Still, a car rental might be cheaper overall with fewer hassles.

And LAX is the closest airport servicing the London directly. You can look at San Diego if you don't mind hours of driving.
There are busses that go from LAX to several towns in the area and you can Uber from there. I know several people who did that this year.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old November 16th 2017, 03:50 PM
lharris92 lharris92 is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: england
Posts: 1,601
Default Re: CalJam18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
If you make it over we should meet up say hello
100% if I do go for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle View Post
I would HIGHLY recommend you renting car from LA or trying to catch a ride with someone. I'd be shocked if you'll find bus service--it's quite in the middle of nowhere. And it would be a pricey Uber ride from LAX, though you might be able to Uber from a nearby hotel. Still, a car rental might be cheaper overall with fewer hassles.

And LAX is the closest airport servicing the London directly. You can look at San Diego if you don't mind hours of driving.
I've only recently started driving so might not be the best idea (just about a years driving by the time next year). There are potentially buses into San Bernardino (Greyhound) which is then not too bad to stay overnight thursday then making it easier and more accessible for the Friday (or Saturday depending).

I'm planning meticulously for both this and a Canadian 'road trip' potentially the month earlier.

On another note, the normal camping pass was $170 + fees this year so if I can find even 3 others it makes it worthwhile.


I really should be this meticulous with the trip I'm trying to organise to visit my brother in Shanghai
__________________
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Milton Keynes, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
House of Vans, 11th September 2014
Islington Assembly Hall, 12th September 2014
Invictus Games, 14th September 2014
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
Future: CalJam 2018????
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old November 18th 2017, 01:11 AM
J-Ro's Avatar
J-Ro J-Ro is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: NePa
Posts: 433
Default Re: CalJam18

I think the John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana is a little closer and from what Iíve heard easier to maneuver. Starting to investigate further tomorrow...
__________________
WHERE IS THAT PMA?

Richmond Colloseum, Richmond, VA 10/14/17!!!
SNL 30 Rock, New York, NY, 12/16/17
Merriweather, Columbia, MD 07/06/2018
PPG Paints Arena, Pittsburgh, PA 7/19/18
CalJam18 San Bernardino, CA 10/5&6/18
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old January 8th 2018, 06:53 PM
Disbet's Avatar
Disbet Disbet is offline
Team Pat
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Middle of nowhere, Indiana
Posts: 665
Default Re: CalJam18

How much easier to drive it/camp vs. fly and rent a car/camp? I'm not familiar with the area there.
__________________

2000-Bloomington, IN
Poor or had little kids for 15 years
2015-Noblesville/Indy
2017-Chicago (Metro), Knoxville, Cincinnati
2018-Lexington, Memphis, Nashville, Noblesville/Indy, Wrigley x2, Kansas City, St. Louis, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Paul

Upcoming: Chevy Metal @ Designercon, NOLA x2


www.followingfoo.com
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old March 15th 2018, 08:41 PM
lharris92 lharris92 is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: england
Posts: 1,601
Default Re: CalJam18

Early bird tickets on sale.

They also have Tent only camping, which is slightly cheaper (for 4 people) costing $200 with fees.

Also they've added a Friday night ticket where you can enter the arena area for $30 (plus fees).

Check your emails if you registered for updates!
__________________
Wembley Stadium, 6th June 2008
Milton Keynes, 2nd July 2011
Reading Festival, 26th August 2012
House of Vans, 11th September 2014
Islington Assembly Hall, 12th September 2014
Invictus Games, 14th September 2014
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
Future: CalJam 2018????
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old March 15th 2018, 09:42 PM
KPNUTS KPNUTS is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 124
Default Re: CalJam18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
So the '17 event officially opened the C&G tour, seems likely the '18 event will close it. Nice way to bookend things if so.
I think they have several US dates after CalJam. I was thinking about St Paul, as I have friends there. CalJam definitely on the horizon, but the logistics are a bit tricky.

I'm thinking they might release another album next year
( but don't quote me on it). That will obviously mean time out in the studio, before embarking on any more dates. I'm seriously hoping they do Reading / Leeds next year..
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.