Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 14th 2011, 05:25 PM
Fooper!

Default Re: Club Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxter View Post
If this turns out to be true and is announced in advance I would go bankrupt for flights/hotel to go over to the US if I got a ticket. I was in London on the day of the last club show there and could of gone, but I got a phone call to say my Mum was coming out of hospital I knew I had to go home and be there for her. I don't regret that decision for a second I'm just hopeful the chance to go to a club gig will come round for me again.
Hopefully when they do an arena tour next year (fingers crossed) they may do a club gig our end.Maybe the Cavern if they play the Echo?
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old November 14th 2011, 05:47 PM
The Cookie Is A Lie

If they do a club gig in the UK any time, it'll be in London and likely to be Dingwalls again, let's be brutally honest about this.
Old November 14th 2011, 05:51 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Hopefully when they do an arena tour next year (fingers crossed) they may do a club gig our end.Maybe the Cavern if they play the Echo?
I would love that to be true but fail is right if they played another club gig here it would more then likely be in London, and announced at the last minute meaning that unless you were lucky enough to already be there or have 115 ready to splurge on the on the day ticket fare for the train you're probably going to miss out.

I'd like them to play at the Echo though if we do get an arena tour next year.
Manchester Arena 05, Manchester Arena 07, Manchester Etihad Stadium 08, London Wembley Arena 11, Milton Keynes Bowl 11, Reading Festival 12, London Invictus Games 14, Manchester LCC 15, Milton Keynes Bowl 15, London 02 Arena 17, Manchester Etihad Stadium 18, London Olympic Stadium 18, New York Madison Square Garden 18, Dublin RDS Arena 19, Reading Festival 19
Old November 14th 2011, 09:17 PM

if anything like this ever happens, I'll be in the US again for sure, if I have to rob a bank before, I don't care.

I was in London in February, but I flew home on the day of the Dingwalls show. Worst decision ever.
Old November 15th 2011, 12:21 AM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfpandas View Post
haha yeah they'll never play Bowery. but if they do I'll wait outside the fucking venue 3 days early if i have to

I remember Dave said he wanted to do a club tour in the fall when I saw them back in April. It'd be so awesome if they did it but I know it would never work out, unless it was a secret one off show
It would be a long shot in 2011/2, but they have played at the Bowery before, right after Chris joined - http://www.foofighterslive.com/liveg...1999-09-17.php

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old November 15th 2011, 12:36 AM
Visiting is pretty...

This big problem is, stubhub and other online resale venues. MUTEMATH did some small club shows this year before there official tour, and even being on the newsletter/forums, me and my friends couldn't get tickets. Your talking 200 tickets for Mercury Lounge here in NYC.

It's sad that within minutes of the online, non-public presale they where on stubhub.

Dave's got great ideas, and if they did some little really non-public thing like he did with the original Them Crooked Vulture shows. (having the guys three band logos on the posters), then maybe you will get true fans, and have less to worry.
Old November 15th 2011, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
It would be a long shot in 2011/2, but they have played at the Bowery before, right after Chris joined - http://www.foofighterslive.com/liveg...1999-09-17.php
Yeah I meant they'll never play it now (though if they did i wouldnt complain) haha Dave did bring up the club tour thing again at tonights show but I'm not counting on it. I love that he has to use it as incentive to get people to sing along to Wheels though. Probably wouldn't happen otherwise lol
Old November 15th 2011, 06:06 AM
Visiting is pretty...

based on what Dave said, or didnt say, tonite in Newark,
it will definitely happen, a short small club tour.

during Wheels, he didnt want to diss Jersey by saying they were coming back to play the Bowery Ballroom in NYC.
He tried to ask the crowd what club they should come back and play,
and he came up with some gobbleegook name.

I bet on Wednesday he will say a real small club in Boston, like The Orpheum.
Old November 15th 2011, 10:08 AM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectilevomiting View Post
based on what Dave said, or didnt say, tonite in Newark,
it will definitely happen, a short small club tour.

during Wheels, he didnt want to diss Jersey by saying they were coming back to play the Bowery Ballroom in NYC.
He tried to ask the crowd what club they should come back and play,
and he came up with some gobbleegook name.

I bet on Wednesday he will say a real small club in Boston, like The Orpheum.
Wouldn't that be an indication it won't happen? Surely if this was already planned he would have a venue in his head, not have to ask the audience for one. It seems more likely to me this is just concert spiel and he has just mentioned clubs he knows about.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old November 15th 2011, 10:12 AM
I don't have a cofee problem.

Quote:
Wouldn't that be an indication it won't happen? Surely if this was already planned he would have a venue in his head, not have to ask the audience for one. It seems more likely to me this is just concert spiel and he has just mentioned clubs he knows about.
Yep I think so. They did a club "tour" of sorts early 2011 around LA when they were first playing out WL. I'd be amazed if it happened again.

That being said, circumstances have meant I've not seen the band play Dingwalls and I'd love for that chance.

03/06/95 KCLSU 15/11/95 Brixton 28/05/97 Astoria 29/05/97 Astoria 23/11/97 Brixton 25/11/99 Brixton 04/03/00 Scala 24/08/00 Stratford Rex 26/08/02 Astoria 23/11/02 Wembley Arena 24/08/05 Astoria 17/12/05 Earls Court 17/06/06 Hyde Park 18/11/07 02 Arena 06/06/08 Wembley Stadium 23/02/11 Brixton 25/02/11 Wembley Arena 03/07/11 MK Bowl 11/07/2011 Camden Roundhouse 10/09/2014 Brighton Concorde 2 14/09/2014 Invictus Games 06/09/2015 MK Bowl
Old November 15th 2011, 11:47 AM
I'll Stick Around

If he does do club tour, I doubt it would be Bowery Ballroom. He said that almost in jest because it holds 550 people. The 2 smallest venues in nyc that they've done in the last 10 years were The Beacon (which holds 2900) and the Hammerstein, which Dave mentioned, (holds 3900). Both were tough to get tix to, but really worth it!
The sound at the Beacon is amazing but not totally suitable for a regular Foo show-- they did the Acoustic Skin & Bones show there.

Last edited by friendofafriend : November 15th 2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old November 15th 2011, 12:10 PM
The Sidekick

The thing is a band the size of FF in 2011 are not going to make any money touring the country playing tiny venues. That is why all of the secret shows at the start of the year were in California. They will also do the odd small show whilst they're in town for a big show as they did with a gig at The Metro before Lolla and at Dingwalls in London when they were here for the NME shows. That makes sense, the gear is already there and the big show will cover the cost of the small one. But Dave has been saying this at every tour stop and so I just don't see a club 'tour' happening, as cool as it might be.

--
Old November 15th 2011, 01:00 PM
The Boss

:::facepalm:::::

Only 2 more days of this
Old November 15th 2011, 03:19 PM
Everywhere But Home

Quote:
that is what put doubt in my mind last night.... my thoughts exactly. but for him to say it so much...it really makes one question. certainly got some of us going after hearing him say it each night! such a tease. or is there something to it?
Old November 15th 2011, 03:23 PM
Polite as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
that is what put doubt in my mind last night.... my thoughts exactly. but for him to say it so much...it really makes one question. certainly got some of us going after hearing him say it each night! such a tease. or is there something to it?
No, you had it right on the first part.

Or did you????
Old November 16th 2011, 02:16 AM
The Boss

Not to go super-obvious or anything: The Foo Fighters are probably not going to do a tour where they're going to lose money every single night. They're in it for love of the game as much as any band, but they're also not gonna bust their asses, be away from home, etc to put themselves in the hole....
Old November 16th 2011, 02:21 AM
Polite as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Not to go super-obvious or anything: The Foo Fighters are probably not going to do a tour where they're going to lose money every single night. They're in it for love of the game as much as any band, but they're also not gonna bust their asses, be away from home, etc to put themselves in the hole....
There's an old saying in the music biz:

'My favorite part was when they gave me my money.'
Old November 16th 2011, 10:44 PM
Visiting is pretty...

no chance of any secret gigs in Australia while they're here at the end of the month?

Last edited by dylbagz : November 16th 2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old November 17th 2011, 01:30 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

I believe the Tweetcret Show earlier this year was a whim. I think they just wanted to fire up the ol' Foo machine and blow out the dust, since it'd been up on blocks for a while. Right now... it's firing on all cylinders and wowwing people where ever it goes.
I liked the way the Tour Du L.A. was done... er, the way it was SUPPOSED to be done. Where dumb little clues were dropped... and if you could figure it out and be fortunate enough to be close enough to hit it... you got in for only 20 bucks... no getting your loser friend in... no scalpers... just the ones who were out there. KROQ and LA Weekly screwed it up by revealing the venues.
I think that we should just be happy for what we are getting... some totally fucking AWESOME Arena gigs. It's what the Foos do best... big, loud, electric gigs with lights and funny shit that makes the kid in the last seat in the colonade run to school the next day and rave to his friends about it.
Old November 18th 2011, 03:45 AM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I'm curious to see what he'll say for the Boston show. The cool places they played in New England don't really exist anymore. Like they played Lupo's four times and then it closed and re-opened later, taking over the location of the old Strand Theatre (where they also played)

Avalon's long gone.

And, as luck would have it, fucker ended up asking me to name a place.

I shrugged and shook my head.

Later, I got yelled at for that. Good times.